Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Art Project: Wood + Graflex SE :)  (Read 26705 times)
Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2017, 01:18:35 AM »

You are slowly killing me with anticipation for this awesome Graflex !  Now is not the time to screw up ( lol ) so if you are not sure I'd suggest that you first contact JediXIX and/or Revan Reborn ( our Graflex and cram-fu expert ) for some specific feedback/assistance.  Also as said before I love your saber collection and you have just fairly recently found this addiction !  Shocked

point  Cool

sllikskills
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 81

Maully Maul

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2017, 07:29:22 AM »

It's 3AM in the morning right now where I'm at, and even though I have a full day of work tomorrow (err today I mean), I just couldn't stop working on the Graflex Tongue

Well I'm absolutely spent right now trying to type out this update post for yall, but it's a really special post and one I know you all have been waiting for. Just a heads up warning, this post will be picture-heavy

Let's get started!

Ordered some new momentary switches that are even smaller than what I had expected - these are microscopic!! PERFECT!

With the LED module completely epoxied to the chassis rods and secured very tightly, it was all downhill from there! Started soldering all the connections up, trying to be as precise as possible with all the solder points to prevent any shorting. Probably my best solder work as of yet (with lots more to learn!)

Another side shot of the chassis. Double measured the length on the digital caliper to make sure that it will fit snuggly into the Graflex hilt.

Tested the chassis electronics and BOY was this a magical moment. So many hours put into assembling the electronics, pressing that switch is just that leap of faith moment where you have your fingers crossed

Here is a shot of the chassis inside of the Graflex hilt. You can see that tri cree in there - this saber will be bright!

Thanks to a little bit of creativity and finesse (and coffee), I was able to get the switch to fit beautiful right behind the bubble strip of the Graflex clamp. I will also at some point be securing this to a specific bubble, so that the bubble itself will be the button to ignite the saber.

BOOM. IT'S ALIIIIIIIVVVEEEEEEE

In this next section below, I've taken some comparison photos of the finished wooden Graflex with my other Graflex models:

A side by side shot of the wooden Graflex compared to the Graflex replica. I really gave myself a pat on the back here. The dimensions are perfect.

From left to right:
Left (Ultrasabers Graflex SE) modeled after Anakin's Revenge of the Sith hilt
Middle - Custom Wood Graflex - modeled after Luke's A New Hope hilt
Right - Graflex Replica - modeled after Luke's Empire Strikes Back hilt
The only one left that I need is Rey's The Force Awakens hilt, then the graflex collection will be complete!

Another angle:

Third Angle:

Fourth Angle:

Fifth Angle:

The blade plug for the wooden graflex was far less transparent than the Ultrasabers blade plug - but you can see the color difference between the blues:

This is probably my favorite picture. I'm so glad I went with the mix of Royal Blue/Blue/White for the wooden Graflex. The color is very unique and contrasts well with the light colors of the wood. It looks so different than the aqua color of the Ultrasabers Graflex.

Second angle:

I'm drooling...

And for good measure, a final standalone shot.

I promised a lot of pictures for you guys and I hope I delivered on that. I'm so happy with the outcome of the work I put into this lightsaber, and looking through this whole thread starting from January, it almost brings a tear to my eye looking at the progress made throughout. To be honest I'm so tired right now, none of the excitement has hit me yet. I was literally nodding off while trying to finish up this post lol. But waking up tomorrow and walking downstairs to see the completed Graflex is when excitement will start to sink in  Grin  Grin  Grin

I need to take this time to say thanks to everyone here who encouraged me to keep going. Without all the support and love from you guys, I don't know if this project would have ever been completed. And I really mean that. Special thanks to Ultrasabers for giving me my first Graflex which started the craze in the first place. I cannot wait to bring this to San Diego Comic Con and have a lightsaber I know will be one of a kind in a place where there will be tens of thousands of lightsabers. I also cannot wait to get started on whatever project comes next. I will be sure to post some pictures of my SDCC experience and specifically with this Graflex!

Stay Woke!!!

-Graflex SE - Obsidian V4 - Arctic Blue - Adegan Silver foc
-Electrum Wind - Obsidian Lite - Violet Amethyst - no foc
-Prophecy v3 - Obsidian Lite - Adegan Silver - Blazing Red foc
-Dark Initiate v3 - Adegan Silver - Stunt (for now)
-Fulcrum - Emerald - Obsidian v4 - Consular Green
-Chosen One CE - Emerald - Obsidian v4 - Blazing Red
-Lost Gray - Custom Install

My Wood Graflex Build Thread - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33641.msg528894#msg528894

nathanielreykun
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2017, 08:17:15 AM »

Is there a limit to the amount of points one can give? I guess you'll have to settle for one right now. Wink
But seriously, this looks FABULOUS.

Dark Apprentice V4 Stunt
Initiate V3/Mantis Combo Stunt
Aeon V2 Stunt
Reaper Obsidian Lite
Sentinel LE V4 Obsidian V4QR CouplerApprentice LE V4 Obsidian V4
Modified Mantis CE Custom Obsidian V4

justmutantjed
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 10

I prefer to stay close to neutral.

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2017, 08:52:55 AM »

Oh geez, this is in my top 5 of the most amazeballs things I've ever seen. You've done a seriously beautiful work of art. Great job!

There are neither light or dark side; The Force is a vast and beautiful rainbow. I would seek neutrality and balance in and through the Force.
Sabers owned:
Shock with RGBW Emerald (SRD, Pulse: EG, FoC: AB) and Obsidian v4 Sound, Recharge Port, non-illuminated AV Switch.
Dark Catalyst in Blazing Red w/ Red-illuminated AV Switch and Obsidian V3 Sound.
Dominix LE v3 in Adegan Silver (standard setup).

Shimmy_Jim
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 13

"Not this ship sister!"

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2017, 10:19:48 PM »

Watching this build progress from the beginning has brought me tons of happiness! It's truly a work of art. Thank you so much for sharing. Yet another point to you.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2017, 01:41:39 AM »

Standing ovation !  Words presently escape me other than beyond well done !  Yes for sure you should be so proud of yourself.  Can't wait to see your next inspired saber... but until then enjoy this beauty... that is until someone tempts you with a wad of Imperial Credits or cash.  Wink

point   Shocked Cool

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2017, 08:18:10 PM »

Well done. Very well done. I think I may actually like it better than the regular Graflex.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2017, 11:38:29 PM »

W.O.W. ! ! !

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »

From one wood worker to another, that is some  AWESOME work you have done, truly some of the best i have seen on the forums !!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
 Another point to your my friend !!! The final product is AMAZING!!!  And BTW, that tree table of yours is bad a$$!!  Grin Wink MTFBWY!!!!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2017, 01:38:13 AM »

Wow, just wow!

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2017, 08:11:41 PM »

That looks classy! What an exciting idea and perfect outcome!

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »

From left to right:
Left (Ultrasabers Graflex SE) modeled after Anakin's Revenge of the Sith hilt
Middle - Custom Wood Graflex - modeled after Luke's A New Hope hilt
Right - Graflex Replica - modeled after Luke's Empire Strikes Back hilt
The only one left that I need is Rey's The Force Awakens hilt, then the graflex collection will be complete!

Excellent work. +1. I can't believe that the US is the smallest for once. Tongue

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »

Hey, can we get you to rehost at least the final products on something other than photobucket and repost them?

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: