Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber shut off problem  (Read 874 times)
Diabolos
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -3

« on: January 09, 2017, 02:50:10 AM »

Just got a bellicose with premium sound, been playing with it for 3 days, I wait for it to die to charge it, changed fonts a few times, even duel with it alittle, this is where the problem came about, never had it happen before today although I've only had it 3 days but my saber now shuts down, no power down sound, just shuts off if it's hit too hard, my friend swings pretty hard, probably harder than is necessary but idk what that that would be he problem, I'm looking for options on how I can trouble shoot this to find the problem myself before I take the jump to send it back for repair

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 03:03:02 AM »

You may have something loose. Perhaps it's a wire, but the more likely cause is a loose battery. It takes a lot for li-ion batteries to come loose, but it can happen. If it happens, look at the batteries right away. See if they came loose. If they are loose, then get some velcro, electrical tape, or rubber bands to secure the batteries. Maybe some bubble wrap to go in between the battery pack and hilt will also help.

If it's not the batteries, then I'd contact US. info@ultrasabers.com

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Diabolos
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »

You may have something loose. Perhaps it's a wire, but the more likely cause is a loose battery. It takes a lot for li-ion batteries to come loose, but it can happen. If it happens, look at the batteries right away. See if they came loose. If they are loose, then get some velcro, electrical tape, or rubber bands to secure the batteries. Maybe some bubble wrap to go in between the battery pack and hilt will also help.

If it's not the batteries, then I'd contact US. info@ultrasabers.com

Okay I'm going to do some more testing today, yesterday I checked to see if the batteriws were loose but they didn't seem like it, I'll try and find some bubble wrap or something of the like to wrap the battery pack with, and I've got a bag full of rubber bands I'll wrap one or two around it and see where that gets me, I'd really rather not send it in seeing as how I've only had it 3-4 days but if it's a must then I will, I could probably fix it myself if I had to but I'm not sure how safe that is

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 11:13:41 PM »

Your saber is under warranty, so if they have to fix it, it will be free. You might have to pay for shipping, though. If you attempt to fix it yourself, you will void your warranty.

Diabolos
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 12:07:43 AM »

What I did I just remove the electrical tape to check that there is no loose connections?

Landen Se-Sentien
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 12:39:46 AM »

I'm not the vice of authority on this, obviously, but I don't think that removing some tape will void your warranty, but if you do notice a loose wire and try to pull it apart, solder it, tape it, etc., that will void your warranty. It's one thing if you're trying to find an issue (removing the tape), but it's another thing to put some solder on it.

Diabolos
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 12:56:17 AM »

Good enough for me lol, my girlfriend did go to college for this kind of electrical work so she should be able to identify the problem

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: