Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Mysteries (to you)  (Read 12475 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2017, 04:28:12 AM »

How long was the Clone Wars? And how old is Obi-Wan in ANH?

Around 3 years and

55-57 years old. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2017, 04:41:44 AM »

Around 3 years and

55-57 years old. 

I was figuring it all out today, and stuff didn't work out. I don't remember what now.

He certainly doesn't look that young.

Do the clones still age twice as fast? Because in SWR they look about 60, which is about what they'd be if they still grew like that.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2017, 05:00:31 AM »

I was figuring it all out today, and stuff didn't work out. I don't remember what now.

He certainly doesn't look that young.

Do the clones still age twice as fast? Because in SWR they look about 60, which is about what they'd be if they still grew like that.

Obi-Wan's aging has been explained away as his living under harsh conditions.  I haven't found an exact source to say 100% for sure, but everything says  the clones age quicker

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2017, 05:19:18 AM »

Obi-Wan's aging has been explained away as his living under harsh conditions.  I haven't found an exact source to say 100% for sure, but everything says  the clones age quicker

I can see the harsh conditions contributing somewhat to it, but 20 years seem like to much, even for that. I feel like there is more that I couldn't figure out, but I don't remember now. What about Anakin. Why was he able to train Ahsoka in TCW when he wasn't a Master? And it didn't even seem like he was Knighted until ROTS.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2017, 05:41:12 AM »

I can see the harsh conditions contributing somewhat to it, but 20 years seem like to much, even for that. I feel like there is more that I couldn't figure out, but I don't remember now. What about Anakin. Why was he able to train Ahsoka in TCW when he wasn't a Master? And it didn't even seem like he was Knighted until ROTS.

The movie that Begins the Clone Wars series showed the Masters thought having an Apprentice would make Anakin more responsible, in a way it did, but it also created another powerful headstrong Jedi.  Unclear at this point in canon to say when he was Knighted, but going consensus is he was Knighted after the Battle of Geonosis

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2017, 06:04:29 AM »

The movie that Begins the Clone Wars series showed the Masters thought having an Apprentice would make Anakin more responsible, in a way it did, but it also created another powerful headstrong Jedi.  Unclear at this point in canon to say when he was Knighted, but going consensus is he was Knighted after the Battle of Geonosis

So then was he already a Knight at the beginning of ROTS? Or was he still apprenticed to Obi-Wan, seeing as he did call him master there?

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2017, 11:58:33 PM »

He was knighted in the Clone Wars (as opposed to The Clone Wars) cartoon, so c. 1/2 way between AOTC and ROTS.

Of course, how canonical that is... *shrug*

And, equally grey in terms of canonicity, but a Jedi didn't have to be a Master to take on a Padawan - in some cases, Knights became Masters by training a Padawan successfully. Obi-Wan is a case in point of a non-Master with a Padawan, albeit that his training of Anakin came about through an unusual circumstance.

As for Obi-Wan's age, Alec Guiness was 61/62 when filming ANH. Obi-Wan was living on his own, in pretty nasty conditions, probably venturing out at all hours and in all conditions to keep an eye on Luke (just a supposition on my part, but I imagine he could sense him through the Force) and probably got into a fair few scraps over the 20 years he was there. It'd add up.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2017, 12:22:30 AM »

He was knighted in the Clone Wars (as opposed to The Clone Wars) cartoon, so c. 1/2 way between AOTC and ROTS.

Of course, how canonical that is... *shrug*

And, equally grey in terms of canonicity, but a Jedi didn't have to be a Master to take on a Padawan - in some cases, Knights became Masters by training a Padawan successfully. Obi-Wan is a case in point of a non-Master with a Padawan, albeit that his training of Anakin came about through an unusual circumstance.

As for Obi-Wan's age, Alec Guiness was 61/62 when filming ANH. Obi-Wan was living on his own, in pretty nasty conditions, probably venturing out at all hours and in all conditions to keep an eye on Luke (just a supposition on my part, but I imagine he could sense him through the Force) and probably got into a fair few scraps over the 20 years he was there. It'd add up.

Okay, makes since. I guess I need to watch ANH again.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2017, 06:26:57 PM »

I think Obi Wan was knighted at the end of Phantom Menace, as he had just faced a Sith and lived, which is one special exception to knighthood. A knight or master can take an apprentice. When Anakin became a knight, Obi would qualify as master. Anakin skipped youngling phase, going right for padawan without the padawan trials. He faced Dooku and lived. Anyone know if Anakin faced the knight trials? He wined about not being skipped to master.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2017, 07:22:17 PM »

The older Clone Wars cartoon (2003) has Anakin knighted during the first six months of the war after having faced just about everything the trails would have him face.  The thing he missed was "looking into the mirror" as they called it.  Which is basically what Luke did in "the Cave" with Yoda.   By then they needed more knights to lead the clones to fight the war.  So Skywalker was knighted and sent back out to war.  Not too long after that, they sent out Ahsoka to be his Padawan, in an effort to ground him better.  It sort of worked while she was there.  Ahsoka was also sent because they needed more Jedi for the war, and she was skilled enough to go, just needing a master.  Obi-wan might have been good for that, but they really wanted to make Anakin a better Jedi.

The creators of The Clone Wars (2008) more or less held that the basic events of Clone Wars (2003) happened for their purposes.  At least in some way.  It meant they didn't have to introduce Ventress or Grievous, and they kept part of the look from that cartoon when they did the 3D character animation.  This is very evident on Count Dooku for the first season.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2017, 06:52:48 AM »

I know, this is an old thread, but since I started it, and since it was started for people to ask questions about Star Wars that they do not know, I am going to bring it back.

So my question right now is, why does Luke's hand not have skin on it in TFA, when it still does at the end of ROTJ? Does anyone know the answer to this, or is it just another one of TFA's (many) issues?

digitalsithlord
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -165

Give into your Anger...Give me "Darkside" points..

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2017, 07:40:45 AM »

Remember in ROTJ, on Tatooine, Luke's new hand suffered a laser blast from one of Jabba's skiff guards.  When he was heading back to see Yoda he covered it with a black glove.  The damage was quite severe, so the tissue may have died off or he had it removed...possible..just a working theory

Lightsaber Arsenal:
Red Liberator - GB
Prophecy v2 - AS
Bellicose - BR
Archon V2.1 - CG
Crimson Reaper - BR
Dark Monarch -BR
Aeon v3 - SY
Malice - BR
Aeon v2 - AS
Dominix v2- VA
Dark War Glaive - DVA

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2017, 11:12:29 AM »

I know, this is an old thread, but since I started it, and since it was started for people to ask questions about Star Wars that they do not know, I am going to bring it back.

So my question right now is, why does Luke's hand not have skin on it in TFA, when it still does at the end of ROTJ? Does anyone know the answer to this, or is it just another one of TFA's (many) issues?

Dunno why it would be considered an "issue"... you have to remember TFA was the first part of the story...dunno why  everyone expected so much explanation in the first chapter.   As to the hand,  he might just have never replaced the skin on it after ROTJ... with Luke we haven't seen anything yet on what he was actually up to after ROTJ other than the vague hints.  With TLJ getting closer I'm sure more hints are coming.  Heck, there is a new book coming out later this year that is a collection of the tall tales and legends surrounding Luke after ROTJ

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2017, 02:42:53 AM »

I guess we will wait and see what happens in TLJ.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2017, 08:23:39 PM »

Robo limbs in books simply don't last forever. It doesn't have to be the same hand as in ROTJ. It doesn't have to mean he got it cut off again.

Some are made with skin. Some are more functional without skin. I can't quite remember which character I'm thinking of from the books, but they had to choose between a more normal looking limb or a military limb with more combat ability.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: