Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Finally!!  (Read 1991 times)
BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« on: January 11, 2017, 04:23:17 AM »

So after months of teasing myself, I am finally going to pull the trigger on getting a Bellicose with the Emerald driver with an archon pommel. Now, my question is RGBA or RBGW? I am thinking RGBA but just wanted to poll some opinions. I am thinking BR with FO FoC and PO pulse. Thoughts?

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 04:28:29 AM »

I don't have either yet, but I have heard better things about RGBA than RGBW.  I will be getting RGBA for my next saber.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 04:30:28 AM »

As I understand things, if you are primarily going for reds & Oranges, RGBA will give you better colors. Downside being almost impossible to get a good white.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:23:53 AM »

I agree with what has been recommended here to get the RGBA. Unless a pure white or pastel-like colors are important to you, RGBA creates richer, deeper colors across the whole spectrum. That amber diode noticeably enhances nearly every color. I have the Bellicose Emerald RGBA myself as well as the Electrum Wind Emerald RGBW and between the two, I like the RGBA best.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 07:25:24 PM »

If you get an illuminates switch is doesn't matter because the switch is powered by Channel 4 unless you want it on all the time. RGBA is good if you have the high tenancies for reds,oranges, and yellows, it does not add brightness, but it does add warmth to the color. RGBW is used pretty much if you ever want a silver blade other than that with color mixtures it makes the colors cool, pale, not really as bright. But again that is only important if you get a non-illuminated AV switch, since the switch is powered by channel 4 (white or Amber).

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »

An excellent point from PKIA, and some great clarification.

+1

Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:57 PM »

If you get an illuminates switch is doesn't matter because the switch is powered by Channel 4 unless you want it on all the time. RGBA is good if you have the high tenancies for reds,oranges, and yellows, it does not add brightness, but it does add warmth to the color. RGBW is used pretty much if you ever want a silver blade other than that with color mixtures it makes the colors cool, pale, not really as bright. But again that is only important if you get a non-illuminated AV switch, since the switch is powered by channel 4 (white or Amber).
Really great point and have a point from me, too!  Grin   I got my Electrum Wind Emerald with RGBW and chose the white illuminated AV switch and was worried about missing the white diode of the RGBW, but you helped ease my mind a great deal about that one, and that I probably wouldn't miss it at all, especially since I had no interest in a pure white blade. The white AV switch looks really good with the gold/silver/black of the Electrum Wind. For me I now take one of two paths with Emerald: if I really want an illuminated AV switch AND Emerald, I'll go with RGB, but if an illuminated AV switch isn't important for the hilt I'm buying, I will always go with RGBA, because it really adds more definition to colors that you can't get with RGBW. You can make a blade that looks like it came from the sun or a pure gold or an amazing blood red.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 10:18:38 PM »

Yeah - wanting an RGBA...

...one day.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 11:54:05 PM »

So after months of teasing myself, I am finally going to pull the trigger on getting a Bellicose with the Emerald driver with an archon pommel. Now, my question is RGBA or RBGW? I am thinking RGBA but just wanted to poll some opinions. I am thinking BR with FO FoC and PO pulse. Thoughts?

Nice! I have no experience with the emerald sabers myself since I'm barely just getting into the hobby myself. Still awaiting my 3rd US which should be arriving tomorrow. Smiley GL on your decision making though. I'm sure whatever you choose will come out really awesome! Smiley with whichever you choose from RGBA/ or RBGW. Smiley

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 12:06:52 AM »

Nice! I have no experience with the emerald sabers myself since I'm barely just getting into the hobby myself. Still awaiting my 3rd US which should be arriving tomorrow. Smiley GL on your decision making though. I'm sure whatever you choose will come out really awesome! Smiley with whichever you choose from RGBA/ or RBGW. Smiley

So true indeed... you really can't go wrong with Ultra Sabers. Whatever the options chosen, they'll be awesome because 1) they fit your style and personality, 2) they're made by Ultra Sabers.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 12:31:50 AM »

Both of my emeralds are RGBW. I've given strong consideration to getting them changed to RGBA. You just get more options of different colors. The white just gives you more options of different pastel shades. When researching everything, most pulse combos I came across said they mixed in 10% white to get their off color. I found I don't really care for that. It makes it too light of a shade. I simply adjust the color values and leave out the white.

You can still get an AS color with RGBA, but it's not "pure white." If I ever order another emerald, it will be RGBA, because I'm pretty sure I've become a convert at this point. I also go with non illuminated switches, though, as I just don't care for them.

You will love that Bellicose, though. Do you know what you're in for as far as the blade holder, covertec wheel, and retention screws go? There is some rather uniqueness with that saber with those aspects, and a lot of people are caught off guard.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 12:46:29 AM »

I agree with what has been recommended here to get the RGBA. Unless a pure white or pastel-like colors are important to you, RGBA creates richer, deeper colors across the whole spectrum. That amber diode noticeably enhances nearly every color. I have the Bellicose Emerald RGBA myself as well as the Electrum Wind Emerald RGBW and between the two, I like the RGBA best.

RGBA is the way to go for sure - LB and I have had this dance before lol. The richness of the Amber is superior to what the white could offer.

Not the biggest fan of Blue either so to counter PKIA I'd dedicate the AV to channel 3 freeing up the Amber with a lit AV; which I believe is still an option.

Edit: shoot BatMike90 you've got 4 Dark Prophecy's! That almost puts you on the Prophecybthrone here on the forums lol. And I like how you spec'd each of them  Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 10:19:16 AM »

Thank you to you all who casted your opinion. I am minutes away from placing the order and entering my second raffle.

Arsenel:
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 10:24:04 AM »

Edit: shoot BatMike90 you've got 4 Dark Prophecy's! That almost puts you on the Prophecybthrone here on the forums lol. And I like how you spec'd each of them  Smiley

I love the Dark Prophecy V3! The Blazing Red and DVA were my first two sabers. And if I had to rank them BR, DVA, CG then GB.   I got the CG and GB just to see what the color was like. CG is an amazing color with the Dark Prophecy.  Too bad I am a Sith. At one point, I wanted all the colors in that hilt. I am thinking I may still do it too.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

BatMike90
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »

Bellicose with Sound (Emerald)
[Blade LED Color:Blazing Red for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBA LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Orange for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse to Pyrestone Orange]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Length:36" Standard Size]
[Blade Option:Heavy Grade]
[Blade Holder:Black]
[Button Color:Gold][Pommel Version:Short Grooves]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Silver Non-Illuminated AV Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip][Include Retention Screw Wrench:Sure!]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:No Thanks]

I also ordered an Archon pommel.

Arsenel:
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: