Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Where do you get your parts to customize?  (Read 1349 times)
Ginsu117
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -67

(Jacen) The End Justify the Means

« on: January 11, 2017, 04:39:04 AM »

Ive been looking for a place that sells chrome/steel pipes instead of using PVC and also blank flat coins to etch emblems and epoxy them on to my hilt after I curve them.

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:
-Scorpion with Obsidian v3 soundboard and Sunriders Destiny color
-Converted Anakin Episode III Lightsaber with Red color
-Archon v3.1 Emerald and Obsidian v4 Soundboard
-Consular with green color obsidian v3
-Fulcrum with green color
-Prophecy V3 White color with standard sound
-Sentinel V4 Blue color with Obsidian V3

Egorr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 03:07:12 AM »

If you are looking for steel/chrome pipes, I would look in a muffler shop or a car parts store for those. As for the coin blanks I would recommend using the blanks from an electrical junction box. I have used those in several other projects over the years. A local electrician may be able to help you out with a few of those. Good luck with your projects, and I hope this helps.

Do or DO Not! There is no Try!

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:13:48 AM »

If you are looking for steel/chrome pipes, I would look in a muffler shop or a car parts store for those. As for the coin blanks I would recommend using the blanks from an electrical junction box. I have used those in several other projects over the years. A local electrician may be able to help you out with a few of those. Good luck with your projects, and I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info!

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 01:54:45 PM »

Hey Ginsu Smiley

The blanks/ coins are available on eBay, etsy, wish- places like that.  My fav materials have got to be copper or jewellers gold.

Sink tube comes in brass and nickel plated brass, you can find that at any hardware store.  Also check your area for plumbing/ industrial supply outlets.  Places like that are everywhere, just harder to spot cause they don't advertise/ market for sales off the street- they work with contractors/ businesses and just bill them, but most will accept cash and walk ins, and even if they don't it's super easy to buy there.  Just look at the work vans/ trucks that are parked out front as you walk in and at the check out just say that name... but just pay cash of course don't actually bill that company for your stuff lol.  That's what I do at a few of my local places lol.  Works like a charm lol. 

A good plumbing/ steamfitting etc place will have TONS of diff pipe of all diff materials and sizes- just bring your hilt with you tho that helps big time.

Ginsu117
Knight Templar

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 06:15:52 AM »

Hey Ginsu Smiley

The blanks/ coins are available on eBay, etsy, wish- places like that.  My fav materials have got to be copper or jewellers gold.

Sink tube comes in brass and nickel plated brass, you can find that at any hardware store.  Also check your area for plumbing/ industrial supply outlets.  Places like that are everywhere, just harder to spot cause they don't advertise/ market for sales off the street- they work with contractors/ businesses and just bill them, but most will accept cash and walk ins, and even if they don't it's super easy to buy there.  Just look at the work vans/ trucks that are parked out front as you walk in and at the check out just say that name... but just pay cash of course don't actually bill that company for your stuff lol.  That's what I do at a few of my local places lol.  Works like a charm lol. 

A good plumbing/ steamfitting etc place will have TONS of diff pipe of all diff materials and sizes- just bring your hilt with you tho that helps big time.

Thanks, will do. This will help with creating cover pieces

DARK SIDE POINTS PLEASE

Ultrasabers owned:

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 07:53:40 AM »

Top tip on the pipe from the exhaust places.

Most of my trinkets and buildy-bits I find at work. Day to day I work at a VW dealership and there are always random bits and pieces in the scrap heap, or just lying around the workshop floor. I gather everything up like a gypsy and hoard it in one of my toolbox drawers. My impact gun died today, so that will get pulled apart and all the innards kept for saber modding  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: