Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Gundam Exia SD Build WIP- Mobile Suit Gundam OO (pic heavy)  (Read 4199 times)
Dizzy Darth Vizzy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

Fear The Dizzy Side Of The Force...

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 03:00:53 AM »

Yes, I prefer to follow that mentality too. I usually take a longer time to get stuff done because I'm careful about it and a bit of a perfectionist. The result is that I often get congratulated about my clean joins and overall work.

Pics of M4 will come- followed by a video of him on Tattooine over the next few weeks when our friend has the time to edit Wink

Yup, I know the perfectionist bit myself.  I am not a "perfectionist" as a person (character trait, that is), but when I set my mind to a project, I first create the "end result (what I am looking for...exactly)", and then map out the project.  Last thing I did like that was my home theater system.  Panasonic plasma, Yamaha receiver, and an Onkyo 7.1 speaker package , not to mention a gorgeous TV stand and killer speaker stands.  While this cost me roughly $1,400 dollars, the end result is a phenomenal home theater system that I've had for over 8 years and will continue to have for a very long time.  I have no intention of going 4K yet, but when I do, it'll be a whole new project just like the first time.

Which brings me back to building the perfect lightsaber.  Once I knew which company/manufacturer I wanted to go with (Ultrasabers, Saberforge, Parks Sabers, etc), I set my sights on decking this thing out to the fullest.  Hence, Emerald Guardian saber w/ Obsidian sound.  After all options, this thing is going to run me $544.00 including shipping.  However, its a top shelf package so I know I'll have it for years.  Additionally (and this is where the perfectionist bit comes in), I didn't want a shabby stand for such a stellar saber - no way.  I consider that to be dogsh!t on a golf course.  I searched all over for the "right" stand for this thing, and yup, I found it.  And guess what?  It's expensive - but hey - you don't drive a Lamborghini and keep it in a trailer park (no offense to trailer parks, I used to live in one and it was actually very nice, the park and the trailer).  So the stand, which I now own, cost me $135.00.  I know I know, you cats are like "WHAT?!?" Ha, I'll have to show you when I get my saber... the stand is far and away worth the price of admission, and is the perfect compliment to such an amazing saber that I'll soon own.

Just a heads up B1ondeange1, I understand you EXACTLY in this regard.  I'm looking forward to posting pics soon, just saving up for that saber.  

PS - M4 is absolutely adorable.   

Dizzy Darth Vizzy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

Fear The Dizzy Side Of The Force...

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »

Yup, I know the perfectionist bit myself.  I am not a "perfectionist" as a person (character trait, that is), but when I set my mind to a project, I first create the "end result (what I am looking for...exactly)", and then map out the project.  Last thing I did like that was my home theater system.  Panasonic plasma, Yamaha receiver, and an Onkyo 7.1 speaker package , not to mention a gorgeous TV stand and killer speaker stands.  While this cost me roughly $1,400 dollars, the end result is a phenomenal home theater system that I've had for over 8 years and will continue to have for a very long time.  I have no intention of going 4K yet, but when I do, it'll be a whole new project just like the first time.

Which brings me back to building the perfect lightsaber.  Once I knew which company/manufacturer I wanted to go with (Ultrasabers, Saberforge, Parks Sabers, etc), I set my sights on decking this thing out to the fullest.  Hence, Emerald Guardian saber w/ Obsidian sound.  After all options, this thing is going to run me $544.00 including shipping.  However, its a top shelf package so I know I'll have it for years.  Additionally (and this is where the perfectionist bit comes in), I didn't want a shabby stand for such a stellar saber - no way.  I consider that to be dogsh!t on a golf course.  I searched all over for the "right" stand for this thing, and yup, I found it.  And guess what?  It's expensive - but hey - you don't drive a Lamborghini and keep it in a trailer park (no offense to trailer parks, I used to live in one and it was actually very nice, the park and the trailer).  So the stand, which I now own, cost me $135.00.  I know I know, you cats are like "WHAT?!?" Ha, I'll have to show you when I get my saber... the stand is far and away worth the price of admission, and is the perfect compliment to such an amazing saber that I'll soon own.

Just a heads up B1ondeange1, I understand you EXACTLY in this regard.  I'm looking forward to posting pics soon, just saving up for that saber.  

PS - M4 is absolutely adorable.  

Oopsy, just a note about that pricing above... it did not include the price of the Plasma. That's a Panasonic Viera TH-46PZ800U - that cost me $lots of clams, plus an additional $more clams for an extended 4-year warranty.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: