Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Electrum Wind  (Read 596 times)
Iamhawk
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 13, 2017, 04:08:22 PM »

So, here in Atlanta, we have several Star Wars events throughout the year, and while sitting at Bash the Empire (by markster.com) I placed an order for the electrum wind using express checkout. Basically bought a stunt saber without sound.
It arrived 4 days later, and it was beautiful. I had it shipped to my office, because otherwise it would sit on my porch for hours before I could get to it. Rather not have anyone appropriate it in my absence.
I was still in the mail room when I inboxed it and turned it on. People's first reaction: really cool looking!!! Why didn't it make the noise?? So, contacted support and sent it back for a obsidian v4 upgrade.
It's now complete and looks AND sounds awesome.
I do have one real complaint. The blade retention screw is awkward and in the way. If you order, get the flat one and it will fee much better.
The electrum wind is comprised of sleeves that mate to each other to feel solid. If you take it apart, you need to be very precise putting it back together.  Also, the blade retention screw holds the silver collar in place, so it must be torqued down till its flush and the collar doesn't move or rattle.
Overall, 10/10 service, 9/10 for the hilt.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »

Pleas acknowledge the forum rules before continuing to post.  (big red letters on the main page)

It's good that you're enjoying your saber so much.  Perhaps you wouldn't mind sharing some pictures, as people around here love that kind of thing.  Your review plus some pics may help a potential buyer decide on the EW as their saber.  Cool

Yeah, the Electrum Wind is an awesome hilt, but definitely one that needs sound, in my opinion.  Sometimes, I just walk by mine on its stand, turn it on and then back off just to hear that awesome sound board. (plus, it really is good for it)  I have mine set to Episode II.  Cool  Keeping that retention screw tight is definitely the key to keeping those shroud pieces in place, though that's harder to do with a heavy grade blade.  By the way, you can buy an 8-32 threaded button head screw the same length or cut it down to size, since you don't like the socket head screw.  Here in the US, those should be available in your local hardware store.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: