Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Apprentice LE V4 Review Video  (Read 1725 times)
Hard_Reset
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 14, 2017, 03:08:26 AM »

You are more than welcome to watch the video review I made to get a look at the saber  ( https://youtu.be/xlRv8jZWhpo )  but if not, here is the "Too Long, Didn't Watch" run down.

Like all of the sabers in the Ultrasaber's lineup, this one is no different.

It's a great saber that holds well in the hands and is weighted in a manner that it feels incredibly balanced when dueling.  It holds up to a beating, that includes the hilt and the blade as I've not only made contact with other blades and hilts but during combat with out finger protection, I've managed to drop it quite a few times.  Hope the video helps and or shows you what you needed to see if you were on the fence with purchasing an Apprentice LE V4.

Always remember, there is no light side or dark side...there is only the force.

Here are the specs of my saber:

[Blade LED Color:Violet Amethyst]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Option:Ultraedge Midgrade]
[Blade Size:Initiate 24" Blade]
[Windows:Yes Include Windows in Emitter]
[Pommel:Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]]
[Switch Type:*SILVER* NON-ILLUMINATED AV SWITCH]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include X Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]
[Install Covertec Wheel:Yes

Dark Apprentice LE V4 - Guardian Blue (Stunt)
Apprentice LE V4 - Violet Amethyst (Stunt)

There is no light side or dark side, there is only the force... Balance is everything.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 03:32:56 AM »

The Dark Apprentice LE v4 is currently my only saber, and I absolutely love it. It seems like more people are starting to get them than I saw when I first joined. Mine is in FO, but I can totally see the VA. Do you already have a charger for the batteries or are you just planning on buying new ones? If you don't, I would recommend getting a charger, because in the long run, it'll be cheaper than buying new batteries constantly. Also, I'm sure you already know this, but with the battery setup that you have, only Li-Ion batteries work in the saber. With anything else, there is a chance of ruining the saber. Very nice choice of a saber here.

Point to you

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Niels
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 02:54:02 PM »

Nice! With every Apprentice V4 review I watch, my impatience grows for the upcoming  delivery of my own set of Apprentices  Grin

- Apprentice V4, Tri Blazing Red, Obsidian V4, Arbiter Pommel
- Apprentice V4 LE, Tri Consular Green, Obsidian V4, Arbiter Pommel
- Initiate V2 LE, Guardian Blue
- Crimson Scorpion, Emerald, Obsidian V4 (Winter Raffle 1st prize)

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:44:26 AM »

You are more than welcome to watch the video review I made to get a look at the saber  ( https://youtu.be/xlRv8jZWhpo )  but if not, here is the "Too Long, Didn't Watch" run down.

Like all of the sabers in the Ultrasaber's lineup, this one is no different.

It's a great saber that holds well in the hands and is weighted in a manner that it feels incredibly balanced when dueling.  It holds up to a beating, that includes the hilt and the blade as I've not only made contact with other blades and hilts but during combat with out finger protection, I've managed to drop it quite a few times.  Hope the video helps and or shows you what you needed to see if you were on the fence with purchasing an Apprentice LE V4.

Always remember, there is no light side or dark side...there is only the force.

Here are the specs of my saber:

[Blade LED Color:Violet Amethyst]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries Included *ONLY*)]
[Recharge Port:No Recharge Port]
[Blade Option:Ultraedge Midgrade]
[Blade Size:Initiate 24" Blade]
[Windows:Yes Include Windows in Emitter]
[Pommel:Regular Solid Pommel (No Sound) [Recommended]]
[Switch Type:*SILVER* NON-ILLUMINATED AV SWITCH]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include X Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]
[Install Covertec Wheel:Yes

Thanks for the share Hard_Reset ! Definitely digging the VA on the Apprentice LE V4. I actually just received mine two days ago same Apprentice LE V4 but with Obsidian Premium Sound V4 in Tri-Cree Fire Orange and I have to admit it's really a beauty. I'm not considering one of my next purchases from US in VA color too as well. I'm just still deciding on which hilt to put it on. Hope you're are enjoying your saber to the fullest! Smiley

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Hard_Reset
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 04:26:52 PM »

The Dark Apprentice LE v4 is currently my only saber, and I absolutely love it. It seems like more people are starting to get them than I saw when I first joined. Mine is in FO, but I can totally see the VA. Do you already have a charger for the batteries or are you just planning on buying new ones? If you don't, I would recommend getting a charger, because in the long run, it'll be cheaper than buying new batteries constantly. Also, I'm sure you already know this, but with the battery setup that you have, only Li-Ion batteries work in the saber. With anything else, there is a chance of ruining the saber. Very nice choice of a saber here.

Point to you

Thank you for the postive feedback everybody!

But in response to this quote directly:  I didn't get the charger for this one because I have the charger for the Li-Ion batteries from a previous saber purchase and I just use the one charger.  After reading some of the topics here in the forum, I would only get the rechargable set up and, personally, I don't see the need for multiple chargers!

May the force be with you all

There is no light side or dark side, there is only the force... Balance is everything.

Matburns
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 09:16:43 PM »

I have had my Apprentice v4 for almost a week and I love it. The hilt (if that is what you would call it) feels wonderful in my hands and it is just plain pretty to look at! I ordered it as:

Apprentice v4 (Obsidian premium sound)
Blade LED color: Fire Orange
No flash on Clash
Battery: Li-ion Set up
no recharge port
Heavy Grade blade
36'' blade
No window emitter
Regular vented pommel (hole in the bottom) [recommended]
Obsidian USB v4 sound
Cover tech wheel.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 09:29:34 PM »

I have had my Apprentice v4 for almost a week and I love it. The hilt (if that is what you would call it) feels wonderful in my hands and it is just plain pretty to look at! I ordered it as:

Fire Orange

That was my second choice, it was either the Apprentice or the Dark Apprentice. But I knew FO was the color I was going to get all along.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 09:37:56 PM »

Excellent review,  H_R.  I love the comment you made about it being a "poor man's Electrum Wind".  I have one as a grab bag saber in blazing red, and it is a finely crafted saber indeed. I put a 24 inch blade on it and leave it by my desk because I love to take a break now and then and swing it around, and the 24 inch blade makes a nice low profile for that.  The VA with the gold accents looks really sharp. Interesting thing is the size of this hilt is more like the size of Mace Windu's in the movie anyway.   Smiley

Do you want light side or dark side points, or do you prefer to remain neutral like a gray jedi?

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Hard_Reset
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2017, 12:23:51 PM »

Excellent review,  H_R.  I love the comment you made about it being a "poor man's Electrum Wind".  I have one as a grab bag saber in blazing red, and it is a finely crafted saber indeed. I put a 24 inch blade on it and leave it by my desk because I love to take a break now and then and swing it around, and the 24 inch blade makes a nice low profile for that.  The VA with the gold accents looks really sharp. Interesting thing is the size of this hilt is more like the size of Mace Windu's in the movie anyway.   Smiley

Do you want light side or dark side points, or do you prefer to remain neutral like a gray jedi?

Neutral please, thank you for asking Smiley and for the postive feedback

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 08:48:40 AM »

Loving the look of this in the VA! Mine is a grab bag score in GB and I love that it gives off a slight purple cast. I think my Apprentice is still my favorite out of my four sabers so far. It is so comfortable no matter where you hold it. Thanks for sharing yours with us, it's great seeing other variations of a saber you own yourself Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: