Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: HOSHINO - A STAR WARS FAN FILM  (Read 5883 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2017, 04:27:12 PM »

Actually. Fan films are (typically) low budget made by amateurs. The only thing I can't forgive is bad sound as that will pull me out of a movie quicker than anything. I can forgive bad acting, bad dialogue, dodgy VFX or make-up because you do the best you can with the resources you have, but sound tends to the area where some projects fall down as it was never thought of as a priority during production.

Exactly.  However, some people, amateur or not, are able to do better stuff than others.  That's just how it goes.  However, I don't immediately dislike a film because someone's costumes or whatever don't look as good as someone else's.  They're all amateurs and resources and skill levels vary.  However, there are some really harsh people on YT.  They seem to think everyone who makes these films has the same resources and skills available to them, which isn't true.  People try their best with what they have and I love them for it.  Gotta agree on sound, I'm assuming you mean sound quality.  I especially hate it when the sound levels vary and music and sound effects are booming, while you're struggling to hear the dialog.  That tests even my patience and commitment to fan films.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »

Exactly.  However, some people, amateur or not, are able to do better stuff than others.  That's just how it goes.  However, I don't immediately dislike a film because someone's costumes or whatever don't look as good as someone else's.  They're all amateurs and resources and skill levels vary.  However, there are some really harsh people on YT.  They seem to think everyone who makes these films has the same resources and skills available to them, which isn't true.  People try their best with what they have and I love them for it.  Gotta agree on sound, I'm assuming you mean sound quality.  I especially hate it when the sound levels vary and music and sound effects are booming, while you're struggling to hear the dialog.  That tests even my patience and commitment to fan films.
Yeah, by sound I mean sound quality (dialogue muffled by wind, inconsistent levels etc).

And you are right. Some YT commentators seem to think all fan films should be of the quality of Darth Maul:Apprentice. They don't realise that that movie took 18 months to complete and everyone involved are dedicated filmmakers looking to make a name for themselves in the movie industry.

I am totally steeling myself for all the comments that will be coming my way when my movie is released.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2017, 04:41:41 PM »

Yeah, by sound I mean sound quality (dialogue muffled by wind, inconsistent levels etc).

And you are right. Some YT commentators seem to think all fan films should be of the quality of Darth Maul:Apprentice. They don't realise that that movie took 18 months to complete and everyone involved are dedicated filmmakers looking to make a name for themselves in the movie industry.

I am totally steeling myself for all the comments that will be coming my way when my movie is released.

Your steeling yourself? Is that possible? Your movie? Please enlighten me. I'm a little lost as usual.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2017, 04:43:08 PM »

Your steeling yourself? Is that possible? Your movie? Please enlighten me. I'm a little lost as usual.
I'm making a Star Wars fan film. It is called Star Wars: The Forgotten Evil. The logline for movie is as follows: A crew of smugglers hired for a simple job in the Outer Rim are drawn into a conflict between a Jedi Sentinel and an unknown evil entity.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 04:45:11 PM »

I'm making a Star Wars fan film. It is called Star Wars: The Forgotten Evil. The logline for movie is as follows: A crew of smugglers hired for a simple job in the Outer Rim are drawn into a conflict between a Jedi Sentinel and an unknown evil entity.

Sweet, can't wait!  Be sure to post asap.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 04:47:46 PM »

Sweet, can't wait!  Be sure to post asap.
Slow your roll. Am only in pre-production. Won't start filming until late Summer/early Autumn.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 04:52:19 PM »

Slow your roll. Am only in pre-production. Won't start filming until late Summer/early Autumn.

No prob,  I'll be waiting to see it. Good luck with it ! Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of work.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 04:53:36 PM »

No prob,  I'll be waiting to see it. Good luck with it ! Sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of work.
it'll be fun and I have a good team around me who can do all the hard work.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »

Yeah, you have to take the good with the bad, unfortunately.  But, all filmmakers go through that.  Either way, I'll certainly watch your film when it is released and you know I'll enjoy it for what it is.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 04:59:44 PM »

Yeah, you have to take the good with the bad, unfortunately.  But, all filmmakers go through that.  Either way, I'll certainly watch your film when it is released and you know I'll enjoy it for what it is.
The thing about some YT commentators and trolls is they are just so negative and full of hate. Constructive criticism is one thing, but just spewing hate (always about one minor thing) is just petty. Like SFD said earlier, it's easier to criticise than to create.

Because of some elements that I've included in the script, I know that it may not appeal to all fans of the franchise. I am trying to do something a little different with this film. Haters gonna hate, and I'm fine with that, because regardless whether the film is a massive online success or not, I'll always be able to look at it and say "I made that". (unless it turns out to be utter crap in which case I shall place the blame firmly on my DP! LOL)

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2017, 05:01:35 PM »

Yeah, do something different.  In my opinion, the more you do to set yours apart from the others, the better and more original it will be.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2017, 05:04:41 PM »

Knox  ASAP means as soon as possible,  like as soon as it done.  It doesn't really mean light your pants on fire and hurry up. Which is what it's mistakenly, commonly used as. "Slow your roll".  Pshh!! Now hurry up and get it done so I can see it.😁

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2017, 05:08:05 PM »

Yeah, do something different.  In my opinion, the more you do to set yours apart from the others, the better and more original it will be.
That's my whole premise. Best way to get a Star Wars fan film to stand out from the hundreds of others is to do something different.

Knox  ASAP means as soon as possible,  like as soon as it done.  It doesn't really mean light your pants on fire and hurry up. Which is what it's mistakenly, commonly used as. "Slow your roll".  Pshh!! Now hurry up and get it done so I can see it.😁
Ok. Fine. Be like that. You're off the guest list to the premiere  Tongue

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2017, 05:57:52 PM »

That was pretty awesome. Thanks for always bringing these great vids to the forum.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: