Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Latching switches  (Read 564 times)
Lordwaterfall
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 15, 2017, 02:10:47 AM »

Hi, my latching switch on my stunt apprentice v4 broke and i need to replace it.  I would like to replace it with a illuminated momentary switch if possible.  What is the difference between a latching switch and a momentary switch?  The pics of the two look similair.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »

The only difference between latching and momentary is that, when you press the latching switch, it quick presses on and quick presses off.  The momentary has to be held to turn off.  A long hold on turning on is also how you select different sound fonts.  That's about it.

For going with a lit AV switch, you actually have a couple options.  One would be a momentary to latching converter.  This is a little board that can be wired into the saber that will make a momentary switch act like a latching switch; quick press on, quick press off.  That way, you can just buy a switch from Ultra Sabers and use it in your stunt.  Your other option would be to simply buy a latching light up AV switch.  They do make them though, as far as I know, Ultra Sabers doesn't sell them.  However, they may.  If they offer them on any sabers, odds are you can buy one, you simply have to shoot them an e-mail saying that you want to purchase one and you'll receive instructions on how to order it.  If you want to buy from somewhere else, you're going to have to do some Google-Fu.  I can't and won't post links to competitors, as per the Saber Forum's posting rules.  However, I've given you what you need to search for, so it shouldn't be hard.

Lordwaterfall
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 09:12:40 PM »

Thankyou scifidude79,  point to you.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: