Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Curved Reaper  (Read 5881 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 04:57:10 AM »

Even though I am ordering a straight Azure Reaper, I keep coming back to this post time and time again to look at the different customizations.  Great pics, thanks for this thread LC!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2017, 10:33:42 AM »

The one drawback?  I haven't been able to figure out how to spin it like a traditional saber.

Like twirling a pistol Smiley

Don't know how I missed this - congrats, Lord C. I'd love one of these, and I'm going to feel badly torn if they release the curved versions in the store before I place my next order. The straight Reaper has been out of stock for months, and I'm on the verge of whacking in an order and waiting for it to come back in... but if this got released tomorrow, I may just jump on it. Decisions, decisions.

Glad you got what you really wanted!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 12:56:00 PM »

Don't know how I missed this - congrats, Lord C. I'd love one of these, and I'm going to feel badly torn if they release the curved versions in the store before I place my next order. The straight Reaper has been out of stock for months, and I'm on the verge of whacking in an order and waiting for it to come back in... but if this got released tomorrow, I may just jump on it. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks James!

I don't know how set they are on this, but I have heard from a couple people that inquired with US because they wanted to buy one and were told the Curved version remains at this time a "Convention Only" Special and weren't selling them online.  So they got denied.

Again - can't believe how lucky I got to win a Special Model . . . and not even in 1st Place!   Grin

One more time - thank you Ultrasabers!

PS - just remembered . . . you have a Curved AZURE Reaper . . . I guess you like it enough to want a Black version as well?

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 04:22:55 PM »

Oh wow!
What a weapon! That looks amazing LC....
Love the extra "what my dog is thinking" quote too! Straight up laughed out loud.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 09:17:57 PM »

Is that a blade plug with a Tip? I did that for one of my sabers, I believed myself to be genius, guess others have thought of it too Smiley Loads of points

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 12:27:59 AM »

Is that a blade plug with a Tip? I did that for one of my sabers, I believed myself to be genius, guess others have thought of it too Smiley Loads of points

More like a blade nub you guys did, as it's not truly a plug. Just a little nub

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2017, 01:24:56 AM »

The standard blade plugs are really too short to look good in this one - way too deep.  I had a "dead" blade so I just cut that to size for this.  I might replace the tip at some point.

Home Depot has some good stuff in the Plumbing area for Saber Supplies, including blade plugs

Like . . . these put into a piece of polycarb makes a great looking plug:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/KOHLER-1-4-in-Turn-Ceramic-Cartridge-Hot-Used-in-Most-Faucets-RGP77005-RP/202588887

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2017, 02:04:45 AM »

That's a cool Idea. There are some Graflex blade plugs out there that looks a little similar to.  Is it going to fit nice, post some pics and lets see how that thing looks in your saber.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »

That's a cool Idea. There are some Graflex blade plugs out there that looks a little similar to.  Is it going to fit nice, post some pics and lets see how that thing looks in your saber.

I actually have a couple rattling around my "saber junk drawer".

I'll try to post a pic in Customs this week.  I'll likely be taking tomorrow off if the blizzard hits, so I'll probably do it then.

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 10:17:24 PM »

Lord Canterbury, I was wondering is the curved Reaper a 4 piece design lime the original?

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 10:54:18 PM »

There's obviously a joint between the curved section and the base . . . but . . . I haven't been able to unscrew it a bit.  Won't budge.

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2017, 02:45:11 AM »

Very nice saber! Congrats on your win. i hope US will start offering more curved hilts or maybe just the threaded joint as an extra.

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: