Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Long time Star Wars fan but noob to sabers  (Read 1192 times)
JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

Darkside points

« on: January 15, 2017, 08:50:10 AM »

Louisiana guy here. I've been a Star Wars fan and collector since I was a child. I have all sorts of collectibles, but just made my first "real" saber purchase. I fear that I have started down a path of addiction. I've always been a Vader fan, so I had to get the Chosen One. My son(10) and 2 daughters (18&4) are Star Wars nuts, too. I picked up a saber for my son, as well. Since I got them with a lot of features, I picked up an initiate stunt saber and qualified for the free initiate. We plan on teaching ourselves how to duel with them. He doesn't know that I ordered the one that he wanted, though. He thinks I just got mine and the 2 stunt sabers. He's already saving every penny that he gets for it, so I can't wait to see his face when we do the unboxing.

I look forward to learning and eventually contributing here.

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
The Chosen One SE: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 (off hand): VA
Initiate v2: BR

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 08:59:48 AM »

Welcome, Jay. You made the right choice in coming to Ultrasabers, and you and your children are going to have a great time with them.

Be sure to use the search function (the magnifying glass at the top of the page) if you have any questions. If you don't find an answer, feel free to ask.

Don't feel bad about it being an addiction. We're all the same way here. Unfortunately, we're not much of a support group. We're more of an enabling kind of crowd.

I'll start you off with a Dark Side point, seeing how you're a Vader fan and got a Chosen One.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 02:06:13 PM »

Hello Jay and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 02:30:56 PM »

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of custom sabers.  That's cool that you can share this with your kids.  Hobbies like this are definitely best when shared.  Smiley

I fear that I have started down a path of addiction.

Yes, yes you have.  Once you have one, you have to have more.  Grin

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 05:15:46 PM »

Welcome to the party.

Good choices on sabers and it's always fun when you can get the family involved.  Check out the saber combat forum for advice, videos, and training tips for learning saber combat.  Also remember we like pictures and unboxings videos.  Your son is going to be thrilled when he gets his, and when everyone turns them on.... Yeah, you'll be ordering more.  It's and addiction and we're here to support enable you.

As Landen mentioned there is a search function, though it's not obvious, which is why we point it out.  If that fails you, always feel free to ask any questions you have.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Niels
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 31

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 07:51:38 PM »

Welcome to the forum! I'm always happy to read from other fathers also buying sabers for themselves and their kids to enjoy. Have fun!!

- Apprentice V4, Tri Blazing Red, Obsidian V4, Arbiter Pommel
- Apprentice V4 LE, Tri Consular Green, Obsidian V4, Arbiter Pommel
- Initiate V2 LE, Guardian Blue
- Crimson Scorpion, Emerald, Obsidian V4 (Winter Raffle 1st prize)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 09:30:42 PM »

What a great start, the Chosen One! Very cool choice. It won't be you're last. The addiction is real but so so worth it. Ultra Sabers is the best, and I agree with Landen, we will happily help you grow that addiction here. It's a great community. Big Star Wars fan here from Utah and never had the foresight to keep all my Star Wars toys and wish I had. Very cool that you still have a collection. I'd dedicate a whole room to Star Wars if I could. Ha ha, I might still do that with my home office where I work every day. Good Dad you are bringing up your kids with Star Wars. Life is better with Star Wars than without. Welcome to the forum and you've already given your first contribution by posting here.  -1 Sith point to you.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

JayMeezy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -17

Darkside points

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 02:15:28 AM »

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to see that the community is so active. My shelf is ready for the sabers. I have a lot more, but the wife will only allow so much Star Wars stuff in our room. LOL

The Jedi seek to take away your humanity; the sith simply show you how to control it.

Sabers:
The Malice: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound, Red Illuminated Switch, large claws
The Chosen One SE: BR, FoC Silver, Obsidian v4 Sound
Dark Initiate LE v4(main hand. Built from empty hilt): VA, FoC Silver, NB v3 sound, VA illuminated 12mm Switch
Dark Initiate LE v3 (off hand): VA
Initiate v2: BR

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 02:28:15 AM »

Welcome. Vader has always been my favorite villain of all time. That is a very cool collection of swords and stuff you have there. Have a point from me as well.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 04:09:44 AM »

Nice collection of weapons and Star Wars stuff.  Smiley

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 12:20:06 PM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Tikazi j'us itik zo kukas, tuls kair photos iv tu'saen is tu'iea Zibeti Karza kalsoka su tu'iea vidta.
(When you get a moment, post some photos of yourself in your Star Wars costume with your saber (click > here. < click))

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »

Welcome! Great choices for your first Ultrasabers. I'm confident you'll be delighted in your choices Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: