Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Does the 4-Channel Emerald allow multiple colors through the saber itself?  (Read 2325 times)
jcp42877
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 15, 2017, 09:52:09 AM »

As in, the saber AV switch can control what blade color you're currently using? Or is the only thing the saber can be preloaded with a number of is the sound fonts?

I got my Graflex CE in the other day and went all out with getting the RGBW Emerald driver and Obsidian V4 soundboard. The saber has been a beauty to behold and play around with, but now I'm starting to get more into the electronics side of it...at least to justify to my wife why I spent so much on the saber in the first place haha.

So back to the original question...I know the soundboard can hold a number of sound fonts (not sure how many just yet though..is there a MB/GB capacity number for it?), but I'm wondering can the same switch that controls the sound be used to change saber color on a whim? Or am I stuck with one blade color until I replug in and switch it using the US software?

Thanks in advance guys!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »

No, the Emerald Driver can't be controlled with the switch. You will have to connect it to your PC in order to make any changes on colours, pulse/flash times etc.

As for the capacity of the Obsidian, you can load up to 8 fonts with the default bank setting. However, with formatting and reallocating the memory you can also reduce or increase the bank number. I don't know the exact memory size, though, as I don't own the v4.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Shriker1
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 3

Light Side Points Please :)

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 01:54:26 AM »

if you only waited just two more months..... Wink

Who am I?
 I am the light of the moon that shines to guide others through the perilous dark.
 I am the warmth of the sun to give hope to those who have none.
 I am the giver of wisdom to the ones who ask for it.
 I am the loyalty of the wolf who will never leave your side.
 Who am I?
 I am Shriker

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: