Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Most "powerful" sounding Power On font?  (Read 2285 times)
jcp42877
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 15, 2017, 10:38:21 AM »

Loving my new Graflex and wanted a power on font that just screams power. Truth be told, I'm leaning towards the TFA Graflex someone posted in here. That bassy startup is just glorious, but I'll have to figure out the volume controls through the sfotware so I don't blow the speaker.

Anyways, out of the eight V4 default settings, it seems Obsidian still sounds the best to me as far as "DAMN!" went turned on, but I'm hoping I can find another that screams the same. My wife has gotten startled I don't know how many times with me randomly firing up the hilt since I received it. I want to keep the streak going Grin

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »

I like the ep2 font myself, and Black Star just rocks. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

jcp42877
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 02:21:14 PM »

BlackStar IS pretty beast, I can't lie...its' boot tag plus the 'power on' is pretty on point, but I don't really see the same in Ep. 2, or any of the other stock fonts mind you. I want some sheer trembling 'oh f**k, you just ignited a lightsaber before me' sound. Maybe I'll have to upgrade speaker or whatnot..but that's what I want.

Whole point of this, though, was third party sounds....and I know users have them up for grabs, and as we all know...PC users provide the best modded products to the public.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 02:23:18 PM »

I get it.

Let us know what you come up with. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

jcp42877
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 02:32:09 PM »

I get it.

Let us know what you come up with. Smiley

Hah..I can detect sarcasm when it's given brotha. You'll have to forgive the few drinks I've had before actually delving into this forum.

I really did mean no disrespect or entitlement...just hoped someone could guide me to the right place.

I really need to get the hang of the saber community... :/

***to add to my humiliation, yes, I'm a Mac user...***

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 02:50:45 PM »

Yeah, that Episode II power up is awesome.  I have my Electrum Wind set to E2.  I also like the default Obsidian sound font power up, which is a combination of Episode II and another power up sound.

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 02:29:44 PM »

The default Obsidian power on sounds similar to Luke's green ROTJ saber. The "snap-hiss" ignition. I put together a soundfont from the audio files of Star Wars: Battlefront, and the power on is pretty aggressive if you'd be interested.

If you're looking for a powerful ignition, just google Luke's ROTJ soundfont, plenty of those themed fonts use a similar ignition.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: