Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Unstable Blades  (Read 6178 times)
Kouri
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 328

Artisan

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 04:28:07 PM »

*sniffles*

My baby's all grown up and seeing the world now.

Point.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 04:33:54 PM »

*sniffles*

Point.

You've done superbly well with your baby ?!... lol...   Wink Cheesy

It may be a race to see which one is the youngest but metaphorically speaking... that was heartfelt touching.  Cry Smiley

points to both you and Sam  Grin

EDIT:  Actually I'm surprised by the amount of light that goes through the hot glue and the translucent paint.  Cool

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 04:42:22 PM »

Sam, that staggered ignition is the absolute shell!

Points to you again. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 10:40:58 PM »

*sniffles*

Point.

You made the saber but that's not gonna stop me from showing it off! I love this thing!

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 10:59:09 PM »

You still need to hook the thing into a portable amp and make folks jump at the sudden ear-piercing growl - my favorite part of the last con.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2017, 11:29:24 PM »

Oh I did, and it made me jump!

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2017, 01:14:47 PM »

*sniffles*

Point.

Haha!

Amazing job on the blade Sam, looks wicked!  And I frickn LOVE this saber!  Amazing job kouri- when Sam first showed me this I recognized/ remebered it right away, so that pretty much tells the whole story right there- it's a masterpiece Smiley

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2017, 05:27:08 PM »

Okay I get it now.  Kouri's baby.  Thought the saber looked familiar and with great admiration I looked at the build post on another site. Am quite surprised that Kouri let it go... but then again he can always create another.  Such talented people on this Forum... we are so fortunate.  Smiley

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 02:38:34 PM »

Already on it (machining new crossguard exhausts).

And on the previous point of shining through glue and paint, while Sam made his own blades, I imagine his experience is pretty similar to mine:

1) Clear glue sticks diffuse/dim a little bit, but the main blade's rocking a direct-drive Tri-Cree Red @ 2100--3000mA, so it's more than enough to make up the difference.

2) Trick is to use "Transparent" (colored, but see-through) paint. Things marked "translucent" will let some light through, but are opaque enough to block/diffuse more than you'd want.

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 08:41:25 PM »

I'm pretty thrilled with how my unstable blades turned out for my Kylo costume.  I used some icicle Christmas lights.  I sanded the edges, lined them with some liner from a broken blade and painted them with a red translucent paint.

The main blade I used a blade I covered in hot glue and painted with the same paint.

Your unstable blades look amazing on your cross guard saber Samhain138 and I prefer those instead of regular blades. Point.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 04:29:22 AM »

Awesome . . . points Sam & Kouri  Smiley

You still need to hook the thing into a portable amp and make folks jump at the sudden ear-piercing growl - my favorite part of the last con.

The old time Audio Engineer in me is curious . . . when you say " hook the thing into a portable amp", do you mean by cable ? . . . or some nifty wireless setup ? . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 07:40:26 AM »

Looks fantastic when lit up! +1 DS point coming your way!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Kouri
Knight Commander

Artisan

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 09:45:17 AM »

The old time Audio Engineer in me is curious . . . when you say " hook the thing into a portable amp", do you mean by cable ? . . . or some nifty wireless setup ? . . .

Installed a headphone jack next to the covertec wheel so I could plug the saber audio into the line-in port on one of the voice changer speakers. Had to put an extra volume slider on the saber audio line since it's so much louder than the mic. I had fun making people jump at the sudden *CRACKLE-GROWL*, and hadn't checked if Samhain had got the connection working on his end.

Samhain138
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Aw, crap.

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 07:38:52 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvoEjg7nLo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZvoEjg7nLo</a>

It doesn't do it justice.  You can hear this thing down the road.  No joke.  The speaker was vibrating on the deck.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: