Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate V3 w/ Obsidian.  (Read 4327 times)
jimmy_p
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« on: October 17, 2011, 02:33:51 AM »

So I ordered a Dark Initiate V3 two Friday's ago (that's the 7th) and I'm eagerly waiting for it to arrive on my door step on Tuesday. I was gonna wait to make this post until it actually arrived but I'm so excited that I couldn't wait! It's gonna be Consular green with a 24' blade. I thought about going with the 32' but I'm only 5'6 and prefer a slightly shorter blade. I also have a MR Vader saber that measures 42' in total and that dwarves me. I'll post more when my saber actually comes. Can't wait!  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:39:24 AM by jimmy_p » Logged

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 11:48:49 AM »

Welcome to the Forum jimmy_p.  Give us a review of your saber when it arrives.

Cheers.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 03:36:26 PM »

And a video of it in action. Can't wait til I get my first Obsidian saber. =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

jimmy_p
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 03:57:45 PM »

So Tuesday afternoon I was at school and had just sat down in the student lounge when I got a text saying that my UPS shipment was waiting for me at home. I ran home right away, opened the box, and after a gigantic mess of packing peanuts and bubble wrap, I had this:

My new Dark Initiate V3 LE with Obsidian sound. Now on to the review...

Saber:
The hilt of the saber is great. The size is 9.5 inches long by 1.45 inches wide, which is perfect for my hands. I love the black anodizing with the silver grooves. I think it gives a bit of a lighter look to what would otherwise be a very sinister looking hilt. The two choke points conform perfectly to my grip with either one or two hands. The blade inside the hilt is roughly 22.5 inches which is just a bit too short. I would be happier if it were 24-26 inches long. This is a bit of a nitpick since I like a short blade anyway. The blade is also really strong.
9.5/10

LED:

The light on this thing is crazy bright! I went outside last night with a buddy of mine and we turned on this saber and my Master Replicas Vader saber. When we turned them both on, the initiate easily outshone and even washed out the Vader. I would say it's 10X brighter! I decided on Consular Green for the LED color for several reasons and I couldn't be happier with it. The pictures do not do it justice at all. On camera it looks like a viridian green but in person it looks like a bright emerald. I absolutely love the color.
10/10

Sound:
First off; the obsidian sound is insanely loud. It's almost too loud. My fiancé has sensitive ears and she says it hurts them. The on/off, swing, clash, and idle are all very accurate. The pick-up of the swing sounds is also great. It nigh perfectly makes sounds in relation to the movements of the saber. I'm still trying to figure out the obsidian program on my computer,  but once I do I’m sure the sound will be even nicer.
10/10
All in all I love this saber. The color, sound, and hilt are all perfect. While the blade is just a bit short, I love how strong it is and the length is nearly perfect for a short sword.
Now for more pics.

A close up of the emitter detail.

Here's just the blade turned on. Once again the color isn't quite right.

One more of the whole saber with the light turned on.

Now for the video. It's not embedding right so here's the link:

http://youtu.be/gz8-bop7EjE
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 04:03:33 PM by jimmy_p » Logged

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 08:09:23 PM »

And yet another nice Obsidian saber. Can't wait to get mine. I also like that green, looks really nice. My first ever saber is in Consular Green and its a Liberator saber. Mine also has that emerald shade hint to the blade which is cool.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 08:32:59 PM »

And yet another nice Obsidian saber.
And another happy customer too!    Glade you like your saber Jimmy_p Smiley    If the blade is too short you can always order another blade and cut it to your desired length.  Lastly, welcome to the Forum.

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 07:10:59 PM »

I forgot to ask, is the saber good for 2 handed combat/practicing? Thanks. =] You should get your fiance a saber too so you guys can duke it out at the wedding. Lol. xp Unless you already got married. If so congrats.

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 01:34:06 AM »

My son has a Consular Green Initiate V2 and it is extreamly bright! That is a NICE saber ya got there!

dark side points please

grave13
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -17

darkside points valued

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »

Green on black looks wicked ..nice!

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 05:09:30 PM »

You could get you a Mid Grade Ultra Edge blade with a pointed tip. That would look good on your saber. Just a suggestion though. Thats what I'm getting with my first Obsidian saber, Mid Grade Ultra Edge with pointed tip. Think I might get a Liberator V3 though with Obsidian and red av button.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 09:52:42 PM »

Great saber man, I really just love the Consular Green.  You were pretty spot on in that it's a nice emerald green, it's a great shade.  It looks great in either the regular or Ultraedge blades too.

jccomedy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 6

Smells like cheap c-lone!

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 08:46:15 PM »

Gratz on a beautiful saber.  I'm a big fan of black hilts with the Jedi blade colors.

Light side points please.  Smiley

*Dark SI (me), Aeon V3 (wife), Initiate LE V3 (son), SI (gift for friend)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 12:14:25 AM »

Don't think I asked but is the Dark Initiate V3 a good 2 handed combat saber as well? Its cheap enough that I might be able to do it in december. Plus it would be cool to have a little brother to my Dominix V2 LE. Thanks. =]

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 06:28:44 PM »

Going for an Aeon V3 LE hopefully later this week! Cheesy Its going to be in Guardian Blue with Heavy Grade blade with pointed tip, Obsidian with red av button, li-ion batteries, normal vented pommel, and if I don't run into any problems, it'll have the Old Republic Jedi font loaded onto the Obsidian board. =] If not this week then next week for sure. Full video review/sound demo with pics will be posted too. This'll be my first ever Obsidian saber and I can't wait.

darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2011, 09:15:48 PM »

Nice saber!!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: