Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Author Topic: Opinions Wanted for Ultimate Staff  (Read 8020 times)
Liora Rey
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 37

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."

« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 07:15:46 AM »

So, going back to the reaper staff and assuming a hypothetical  "unlimited funds" situation, another option could be to get 4 reapers (sounds like a bit too many, but bear with me just a sec XD), disassemble two of them into all of their components, and you'll notice that they each have a piece that usually houses the covertec wheel that has male threading on one side and female threading on the other. You could get these two pieces of the two empty reapers, screw them to each of the two working reaper ends, and you would only need a SINGLE coupler to join them. Again, this is still Palpatine saying Unlimited Funds... but seems cool enough Tongue
Yaris can also do the trick, looking at how you mentioned their widths are all negligibly the same.

Hahaha, aspirational is always good, you can always be your own teacher, kind of like literally everyone here XD So don't worry, I'm sure neck spins will soon reach the realm of reality (not yet for me though =S).'ve

Ah...International shipping.  Yes, that can be a delay for sure, but 6 days is impressive!  US has unbelievable shipping times.

I've been to Spain many times and have managed to bring back a sword or two from my travels there.  Smiley

My sabers came today!  I posted my pics in the Winter Raffle gallery.  I am sooooo glad I asked for the 30 inch blades.  It made a huge difference with the Fulcrum.  That is a long hilt! 

And back to the Reapers...  4 Reapers!  I like the way you think.  Smiley  I can get empty hilts to make up the component pieces.  I like your idea of minimizing couplers.  Better continuity! 

On the staff training...I have been learning from a lot of our forum family on YouTube.  Darth Venturous has some great spinning videos for both staff and single blade saber.  There are also a lot of Bo Staff instrucitonal videos out there.  One of the things the Bo trainers mention is that your staff should be two inches shorter than you are to ensure control.  That's tough with some of these hilts, especially if you add a Yari.  So, I'm thinking I'll go longer with the staff, but shorter with the blades. 

I found a Kung Fu dojo that incorporates the Bo staff training into class sessions.  So, I may look for a Sensai/Sifu/Master trainer there.  All it takes is time.  Such is the life of the Jedi Apprentice.  Smiley

My Sabers:

Aeon LE v4 DVA^**
Dominix LE v4 BR^**
Prophecy GB**
Dark Liberator CG*
Fulcrum DVA^** (Winter Raffle Prize) 
Graflex SE AB^** (Winter Raffle Prize)

(^Emerald **Ob V4 *Ob Lite)

Wishlist...
Double Reaper Staff, Chosen One, Lost Gray Manticore

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »

Ah...International shipping.  Yes, that can be a delay for sure, but 6 days is impressive!  US has unbelievable shipping times.

I've been to Spain many times and have managed to bring back a sword or two from my travels there.  Smiley

My sabers came today!  I posted my pics in the Winter Raffle gallery.  I am sooooo glad I asked for the 30 inch blades.  It made a huge difference with the Fulcrum.  That is a long hilt! 

And back to the Reapers...  4 Reapers!  I like the way you think.  Smiley  I can get empty hilts to make up the component pieces.  I like your idea of minimizing couplers.  Better continuity! 

On the staff training...I have been learning from a lot of our forum family on YouTube.  Darth Venturous has some great spinning videos for both staff and single blade saber.  There are also a lot of Bo Staff instrucitonal videos out there.  One of the things the Bo trainers mention is that your staff should be two inches shorter than you are to ensure control.  That's tough with some of these hilts, especially if you add a Yari.  So, I'm thinking I'll go longer with the staff, but shorter with the blades. 

I found a Kung Fu dojo that incorporates the Bo staff training into class sessions.  So, I may look for a Sensai/Sifu/Master trainer there.  All it takes is time.  Such is the life of the Jedi Apprentice.  Smiley

I'm glad you like the 4 reaper idea xD It's just my symmetrical OCD Tongue And yes, the fulcrum is HUGE! I never thought it would be bigger than the graflex!

Nice, I wish I had somewhere to practice sword/Bo training, but there just isn't anything like that where I moved =( Oh well, at least I can still do Taekwon-Do. And I didn't know about the Bo having to be two inches shorter, but then again, I used to practice with a Jo instead of a Bo in wushu Tongue

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: