Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: TK-436: A STORMTROOPER STORY (Star Wars Fan Film Awards Winner 2016)  (Read 1101 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: January 18, 2017, 01:04:06 AM »

A dark and gritty fan film focussing on an individual Storm Trooper
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GdEXQ6Ulw8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GdEXQ6Ulw8</a>

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 05:40:23 AM »

That was good. Best part was his speech at the end. I liked Darth Maul: Apprentice better.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:00:51 AM »

I liked Darth Maul: Apprentice better.

Of course you did.  Tongue 
I actually really enjoyed DM:A too. I haven't gotten to watch this yet, but I will soon.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 02:08:34 PM »

I liked that it gave us a rare look at the people behind the storm trooper armour. The vast majority of fan films always tend to focus on a conflict between a Jedi and a Sith. However, as we all know, there is much more to the galaxy far, far away than just Jedi/Sith.

It is precisely the dark gritty war tone of this movie that makes it so good (it's almost complimentary to Rogue One). However, as with all movies, it is totally subjective and I can definitely understand why some people would prefer the non-stop lightsaber action of DM: A

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 10:33:25 PM »

Wow. That was awesome. I think I like this one more. While the darth maul one has lots of lightsabers and action, I think this one has a stronger story. I agree with Knox that it's nice to see a Stormtrooper as a person, especially since in the movies Stormtroopers are mostly something to get blasted or blown up.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:54:25 PM »

Wow. That was awesome. I think I like this one more. While the darth maul one has lots of lightsabers and action, I think this one has a stronger story. I agree with Knox that it's nice to see a Stormtrooper as a person, especially since in the movies Stormtroopers are mostly something to get blasted or blown up.
I really like the fact that at the end he didn't have a change of heart, as he believed he is doing the right thing fighting for the Empire.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 04:18:25 PM »

Another one on my "Watch Later" list, I'll get to it a bit later today.  Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 09:07:47 PM »

That was beautiful. It really gets into what a Stormtrooper is. Made my respect for them go up. Before they were just soldiers that couldn't hit anything, now they are people. Plus the music was awesome.

Point for the share.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 05:27:35 AM »

Dude, this one was awesome.  I'm glad it won.  We're used to seeing Stormtroopers as mindless, faceless drones of the Empire.  Yet, here's a character piece about a guy who's a patriot and joins the Imperial Army.  Despite witnessing atrocities, he still stays loyal to the Empire, as all true patriots do.  He sees the Rebellion as the bad guys, something which usually isn't focused on in Star Wars.  Thanks a lot for posting this, Darth Knox.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: