Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Bane vs Scorpion  (Read 6877 times)
Mordryd
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 20

Light Side Force Points please.

« on: January 18, 2017, 01:40:48 AM »

I think for my next saber I will go for either the Bane or the Scorpion. What do you fellow Saber-addicts think? I am really eyeballing the Scorpion to be honest.

The proud owner of a Dark Arbiter with Obsidian v4.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 01:49:48 AM »

I've been known in these parts to greatly favor the Scorpion . . . let me know if you have any questions!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 01:52:33 AM »

I love my three Scorpions.

Bane is one that I'm keeping an eye on for a very specific purpose, but not a general purpose saber that really calls out to me.

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 01:56:14 AM »

I have a Black Scorpion - it's a very cool saber, my first, and definitely a 2-hander beast of a thing.  I can't speak on the Bane, except that it's not a design that particularly calls to me, while the Scorpion did.  I say flex some imagination as to what wielding each would be like, and go with the one that ends up appealing most to you.  Either way you won't lose lol

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 01:57:19 AM »

I think for my next saber I will go for either the Bane or the Scorpion. What do you fellow Saber-addicts think? I am really eyeballing the Scorpion to be honest.

sounds like you made your decision already
i like the look of that saber. i think theres an option to order it without the claw if you dont like it so theres some diversity in that

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 02:02:53 AM »

sounds like you made your decision already
i like the look of that saber. i think theres an option to order it without the claw if you dont like it so theres some diversity in that

That is correct.  My Crimson Scorpion has the claw, my two regular Scorpions both were the clawless versions.  You CAN remove the claw, but it leaves a fairly unsightly gap.

Mordryd
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 02:07:51 AM »

If I end up ordering the Scorpion it will definitely be coming with the claw.  The reason I am comparing the two hilts is they are both big hilts and I am a big guy. But I cannot decide which of the two is the more sinister looking.

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 02:26:16 AM »

to me
nothing says sinister more than a saber with claws thats why i got a raven

Mordryd
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 02:31:09 AM »

The Raven did not catch my eye when I was looking through the hilts and the claws do look awesome on it.

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

dark side points

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 02:47:26 AM »

The Raven did not catch my eye when I was looking through the hilts and the claws do look awesome on it.

fair enough
but i was saying any saber with claws would look evil
conclusion: get the scorpion
still merely my suggestion. its your choice. good luck

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2017, 02:51:32 AM »

I keep going back and forth on liking the Scorpion (def no claw) just because it's over kill on the accent windows. Not a fan of those but it's undeniably awesome.

If I HAD to pull the trigger between the two it'd be the Bane - it looks like a katana for the Hulk. Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2017, 03:54:18 AM »

Well the Scorpion does definitely have a savageness to it, but also there's a bit of a regalness to it as well - the flared emitter particularly gives me that impression, and without the claw...well...  I think aside from the sheer size of it, most of the savageness would be gone, and the regalness would take over.  Which is fine in its own way too lol

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2017, 05:09:43 AM »

If you haven't decided yet, I plan on getting me a Bane finally so Tongue I'll let you know how it is if I best you to it. Been wanting that saber for a long while as well. Scorpion is too big for me though

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2017, 05:25:59 AM »

I like those both as well. My two cents, if you want Emerald on it, I'd say go for the Scorpion, but if you can't now and want to spend less, I'd go for the Bane and include quick disconnects and get the Scorpion later with Emerald when you're able.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2017, 05:46:37 AM »

Ever body gets the Scorpion. Yes it is a beautiful hilt, but I never see people getting the Bane, and I don't want US to stop making it before I can get one, so that is the one I would say.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: