Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The beginning of a journey  (Read 1432 times)
Sabourok
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

Peace may only be achieved through Balance

« on: January 18, 2017, 02:23:29 AM »

Good day,

I have been a fan of Star Wars ever since I saw the original trilogy as a youngling. Needless to say, the lightsaber duels were my favorite parts.

While I am not as familiar with the extended universe as I'd like to be, KOTOR1&2 as well as the recent release of episode VII and Rogue One have inspired me to pursue the crafting of my own custom designed saber. Spent a fair amount of time scrolling through pinterest for ideas which led to an instructables guide.

My search for parts brought me here and to "the other guys." While I am planning to use parts from "the other guys" for acid etching (haven't planned the pattern yet and I've got practice metal to run trials with before hand) I plan to use parts from here for the internal wiring.

Long story short, I am using the quick release coupler to make a double-ended lightsaber. I have a pair of Obsidian sound board [V4], battery/speaker combos, latching guarded switches, arctic blue MLS, and just in case I purchased one 1000MA buckpuck (not sure if I'll actually need it). I have yet to do a thorough investigation of the forums for help, but the internals are the biggest unknown for me.

I don't quite know what pieces I need or am missing for clash lighting. I have the strong suspicion I am missing something going by the v2 wiring diagram on the obsidian board listing. Any advice would greatly be welcomed.

There is no Light without the Dark.
Through Passion, I gain Focus.
Through Knowledge, I gain Power.
Through Serenity, I gain Strength.
Through Victory, I gain Harmony.
There is only the Force.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:33:02 AM »

Welcome. While I don't know much about building a saber, I do like playing with them. If you have any questions, there is a search function (picture with magnifying glass) that you can use, and if you do not find the answers you seek, feel free to ask them. I have had a few questions already, and gotten very good, in depth answers from people, so don't be afraid to ask.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 05:54:37 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Ilsir geuj ne fanvake narys stai su zo plethora iv neyasli varsi ir uverei. Dary nenx dvejoti kia uzpra jok falykas j'us galez zinot ir kaiefas valia cali ax sorms j'us is tave status direction.
(There are so many helpful members here with a plethora of varied experience and opinions. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer or point you in the right direction.)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 09:14:41 AM »

Good day,

I have been a fan of Star Wars ever since I saw the original trilogy as a youngling. Needless to say, the lightsaber duels were my favorite parts.

While I am not as familiar with the extended universe as I'd like to be, KOTOR1&2 as well as the recent release of episode VII and Rogue One have inspired me to pursue the crafting of my own custom designed saber. Spent a fair amount of time scrolling through pinterest for ideas which led to an instructables guide.

My search for parts brought me here and to "the other guys." While I am planning to use parts from "the other guys" for acid etching (haven't planned the pattern yet and I've got practice metal to run trials with before hand) I plan to use parts from here for the internal wiring.

Long story short, I am using the quick release coupler to make a double-ended lightsaber. I have a pair of Obsidian sound board [V4], battery/speaker combos, latching guarded switches, arctic blue MLS, and just in case I purchased one 1000MA buckpuck (not sure if I'll actually need it). I have yet to do a thorough investigation of the forums for help, but the internals are the biggest unknown for me.

I don't quite know what pieces I need or am missing for clash lighting. I have the strong suspicion I am missing something going by the v2 wiring diagram on the obsidian board listing. Any advice would greatly be welcomed.

Hey Saborouk! Welcome to the SaberForum and glad to have you a part of this wonderful community! It's nice to hear about your love and passion for SW's. It always brings a smile to my face when I hear about it from anyone in general. I too am taken more by the KOTOR and it's lore leading up to of course the current trilogy's that most have seen and know of already including the two latest SW films that had come out. They're all wonderful. Anyways I wouldn't know much either about custom building or doing a DIY myself. I have always configured all mine to a fully loaded lightsaber and of course to my liking/preference, but never actually put one together. However we have a lot of threads on this forum regarding that kind of stuff so if you just do a bit of searching around i'm sure you'll find plenty of help and ideas towards it. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and also share with us. Again welcome! Smiley

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 10:16:04 AM »

Hey Sabourok!

Welcome to the forum. Smiley

It's awesome that you're jumping right in to building your own saber - commendable.  I do need to add that the momentary switches, not the latching ones are required for sound.   Undecided

You should visit the "customisation" section on here, if you get a chance.  

Guys like JediXIX, Lord Canterbury, scifidude79, Calculon, or The Technomancer himself - RevanReborn are deep wells of knowledge, and will happily share it.  

There's many more, but those are the ones I carry in my head...lol

+1 for effort!

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Sabourok
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

Peace may only be achieved through Balance

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 10:30:51 AM »

Thank you all for the very warm welcome.

When I found that there were no possible or practical means of learning dueling in the area I live in (be it via teacher or sparring partner), I decided to focus efforts to crafting the tools themselves so that I may pursue the dance of blades itself in the future.

I do need to add that the momentary switches, not the latching ones are required for sound.   Undecided

Thank you especially for that bit of information, I began to suspect as such with my first purchase from UltraSabers. With the parts I ordered, I was able to earn a free initiate saber. After studying how it was put together (just light, no sound) it began to seem reasonable that the latching would not fit my purposes. Your reply confirmed it though.

There is no Light without the Dark.
Through Passion, I gain Focus.
Through Knowledge, I gain Power.
Through Serenity, I gain Strength.
Through Victory, I gain Harmony.
There is only the Force.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:56:08 PM »

Welcome! Best of luck with your build - looking forward to seeing what you come up with Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 02:04:59 PM »

Hello Saborouk, Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: