Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Which one is the most "realistic" blade off camera?  (Read 822 times)
karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 42

German Jedi Academy

« on: January 18, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »

Hi everyone
i am a newbie here nd I guess my question has been asked before, so feel free to guide me to the right topic if so.
I'll make it short: I just ordered a saber yesterday. Dunno how long it is going to take until it arrives here in Germany, so I couldn't see how it looks like  -not yet. Anyway, I am sure it won't be my last one. I know that most of the sabers (except the full contact stunt sabers) look awesome on video, specially in a dark environment. But which type of saber looks best (most "realistic" - most looking like in the movies) off camera, when seen by real eyes? I guess it does not only depend on the saber type, but also on the color. I noticed that a green blade seems to be way more solid in its illumination compared to blue or even red ones. Well, at least on camera.

I went for guardian blue and a mid grade blade this time around, and I guess I will be pretty satisfied with the results, according to what other people say in reviews. But I already plan on buying another - and that is supposed to look absolutely stunning off camera. Which one is the one to get (which config, color and so on) ?  

Thanks for your help.

Dark Apprentice LE v4 with hilt windows, guardian blue, obsidian lite sound
Apprentice LE v4  consular green, Obsidian Premium Sound
Archon v2.1, Diamond sabre / sound board - it is so awesome
Standard issue battle saber, no sound

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:39:48 AM »

Hey there karaokefreak,

First thing:  Please read and acknowledge the forum rules before continuing.  It's something everyone here does, to ensure that we're on the same page - so to speak. Smiley

A decent question.  Personally I find CG to be the brightest, most vivid colour in the US line-up, but others find it to be GB.  They certainly are the "strongest" colours in the visible light spectrum though, whereas reds, and oranges are "weaker".

I'd say though, after a personal decision on hilt and colour (it really is up to you - your money), that the type of blade will matter most.

Here's an opinion you may value: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3096.0

Cheers, and welcome to the forum.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 42

German Jedi Academy

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 12:10:46 PM »

thanks for the quick reply. I read some of the topics concering the forum rules and preferred behaviour already, but I'll give it another look. (Edit - I just posted my acknowledgement there)

Concerning my question: I read that the blades which aren't fully transparent are the ones that glow the brightest. is that right? And what is it about these "ultra LEDs"?  Are these special ones that light brighter? Where do i get them?( I hope that's nothing from a competitor...)

Dark Apprentice LE v4 with hilt windows, guardian blue, obsidian lite sound
Apprentice LE v4  consular green, Obsidian Premium Sound
Archon v2.1, Diamond sabre / sound board - it is so awesome
Standard issue battle saber, no sound

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: