Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: My Cosplay Photos 2017  (Read 18379 times)
JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2017, 06:55:08 AM »

Woot

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2017, 02:11:28 PM »

Not cosplay, but a prop for my cosplay all the same Smiley Foam and a bit of paint to make some credit ingots for my smuggler Smiley Yes I know, the numbers and edge are meant to be raised but meh, this was easier!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2017, 05:13:28 PM »

Not cosplay, but a prop for my cosplay all the same Smiley Foam and a bit of paint to make some credit ingots for my smuggler Smiley Yes I know, the numbers and edge are meant to be raised but meh, this was easier!

Really cool. my friend and i were thinking about making some of these too.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2017, 12:42:13 PM »

ComicCon weekend! We had a live interview as the Perth Spartans which was fun! ODST Captain Dare on Saturday, Jedi and smuggler on Sunday.

Sooo... I dunno if it was my phone, or the lighting, but most of my personal photos this weekend are unusable- we got several photos with a Rogue One background but every photo of me and my hubby make our faces pale yellow and like they have been photoshopped onto our heads poorly (and it can't just be an effect of my make up, since in some photos I'm fine, in real life it wasn't yellow at all and my hubby wasn't wearing make up Tongue Plus I've worn that same make up on many occasions without this same issue) :/ never had that happen before! A few of the other photos were a bit funny too so dunno what is going on there :/

Saturday

Sunday

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2017, 08:53:22 PM »

You always seem to have some of the coolest costumes and pics. They are all great!  Grin  Point to you! Love the pics with the R2 units.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2017, 11:01:27 PM »

That's awesome. Like Mav said, your costumes look amazing.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 04:02:52 AM »

More photos!

Our Droid Builders WA group photo (sadly one of the members left early and wasn't in the photo)

And courtesy of one of our fav photographers and friends Vespa Photography

M4QT in all his cuteness with his makers!

And Saturdays shots- i love the backgrounds OzCC have!

I had my evil glare on for this one lol

And remember that wedding we did at the start of the year? This photo turned up from that, and man I love it Cheesy

EDIT:

And two more from the Saturday, taken by our red Spartan after I stole his sniper rifle Tongue

Photobombed by a friend Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 02:21:24 AM »

From our photoshoot back in January with our droid M4QT on 'Tatooine'. Courtesy of our good friend Imperial Scum Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2017, 02:54:10 AM »

Some good stuff there

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2017, 10:31:47 PM »

From our photoshoot back in January with our droid M4QT on 'Tatooine'. Courtesy of our good friend Imperial Scum Smiley

Wow, those pics are just incredible!  From War Machine to Halo to SW; fantastic costumes, pics, et al.  Cool

BTW, your jedi costumes are BOMB!  What did you use to make them (or where did you buy them from)?  I LOVE the detail  Grin

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2017, 01:01:24 AM »

Wow, those pics are just incredible!  From War Machine to Halo to SW; fantastic costumes, pics, et al.  Cool

BTW, your jedi costumes are BOMB!  What did you use to make them (or where did you buy them from)?  I LOVE the detail  Grin

Thanks Smiley I make most of my own costumes, and all my Jedi outfits have been made by myself (or my mum, before I got better at sewing Tongue ). All my SWTOR ones I have made.

I use homespun cotton designed for quilting and craftwork to make my robes. It is relatively cheap, has a nice feel and slight texture with a lot of different shades available and it is medium weight, so it falls nicely but doesnt feel too heavy on. Any striping is sewn on, either by cutting out a strip of material, measuring, pinning and ironing to make a nice even flat stripe then pinning into place on the robe and sewing it on, or in the case of the small stripes on my sanctified caretaker armour they are bias binding sewn in place, or I have done the robe itself in multiple coloured pieces then sewn the seams and hems to make it look like a different coloured stripe is sewn onto it (this is a little bit easier than trying to sew a stripe on top in some instances). The pattern I heavily modified by combining several patterns to make something that suited and fitted me with shaping, then adjusted that pattern back to a regular straight robe to make my husbands. The striping is a lot of painstaking work.  Undecided

The links to each build thread are here:

Sanctified caretakers style robe (aka lots of stripes)

My Jedi Costume WIP (this thread starts with my first costume, then leads into the building of the SWTOR robe)
My attempt at SWTOR sanctified caretakers robe (pic heavy)
Sanctified Caretaker Robe SWTOR- finally with my armour!

My second robe, based on generic styling of multiple robes

New TOR Robe

My next robe- which I will ONE DAY make!!! Life just keeps getting in the Force damned way though! I have all the material necessary as well.

My Latest SWTOR Jedi (WIP)

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2017, 03:51:51 PM »

Thanks Smiley I make most of my own costumes, and all my Jedi outfits have been made by myself (or my mum, before I got better at sewing Tongue ). All my SWTOR ones I have made.

I use homespun cotton designed for quilting and craftwork to make my robes. It is relatively cheap, has a nice feel and slight texture with a lot of different shades available and it is medium weight, so it falls nicely but doesnt feel too heavy on. Any striping is sewn on, either by cutting out a strip of material, measuring, pinning and ironing to make a nice even flat stripe then pinning into place on the robe and sewing it on, or in the case of the small stripes on my sanctified caretaker armour they are bias binding sewn in place, or I have done the robe itself in multiple coloured pieces then sewn the seams and hems to make it look like a different coloured stripe is sewn onto it (this is a little bit easier than trying to sew a stripe on top in some instances). The pattern I heavily modified by combining several patterns to make something that suited and fitted me with shaping, then adjusted that pattern back to a regular straight robe to make my husbands. The striping is a lot of painstaking work.  Undecided

The links to each build thread are here:

Sanctified caretakers style robe (aka lots of stripes)

My Jedi Costume WIP (this thread starts with my first costume, then leads into the building of the SWTOR robe)
My attempt at SWTOR sanctified caretakers robe (pic heavy)
Sanctified Caretaker Robe SWTOR- finally with my armour!

My second robe, based on generic styling of multiple robes

New TOR Robe

My next robe- which I will ONE DAY make!!! Life just keeps getting in the Force damned way though! I have all the material necessary as well.

My Latest SWTOR Jedi (WIP)

Wow, Angel.  Again, that work is incredible.  I love the attention to detail.  I think that your SWTOR robe is perfect; I'd like to get my wife to do something based on/inspired by your designs.  For your husband's robe: did you tailor the arms or just hem them  at the elbow?  I was thinking of doing something very close to that, exposing the forearm armor in my jedi costume.  Remarkable and beautiful work  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2017, 04:04:40 PM »

Wow, Angel.  Again, that work is incredible.  I love the attention to detail.  I think that your SWTOR robe is perfect; I'd like to get my wife to do something based on/inspired by your designs.  For your husband's robe: did you tailor the arms or just hem them  at the elbow?  I was thinking of doing something very close to that, exposing the forearm armor in my jedi costume.  Remarkable and beautiful work  Smiley

Why thank you.

It was designed to be that length and then hemmed, however I roll the hem back a couple of times to give a wider and thicker hem. With that cotton it sits better and looks nicer that way. I do the same along the front of the hood and down the front of the robe. The hood holds open and falls nicer when it has a thicker edge, and the front is less prone to buckling up and falling weirdly.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »

Why thank you.

It was designed to be that length and then hemmed, however I roll the hem back a couple of times to give a wider and thicker hem. With that cotton it sits better and looks nicer that way. I do the same along the front of the hood and down the front of the robe. The hood holds open and falls nicer when it has a thicker edge, and the front is less prone to buckling up and falling weirdly.
I didn't even think about the hood; thanks for that info  Smiley  Plus: I think that the hemmed edges look better.  Great ideas, Angel.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2017, 04:21:40 PM »

so I haven't been on SF, real life took over for a bit. here are some of my adventures around the time i left.

Weeklong charity fundraising event :

Wednesday

Thursday

EB vs Zing (they are sister stores)… and apparently it became Light vs Dark! Cheesy

I forgot hubby's boots (he joined up with us after he finished work, s I brought his costume along... minus the boots apparently), so the Jedi had to go boot shopping. actually it was fate, hes been needing a proper pair of boots and we luckily finally found some!

Droid shopping!

Saturday
Master Chief getting into the spirit

Noble Six was meant to be present, but I was far far too sick to put on armour. Even just wearing the tight undersuit made me instantly very unwell so Lt Jaste had to come instead.

Not every day you see a holographic character blowing up balloons

Sunday- Captain Dare was well enough to join for a couple of hours

And in slightly different news. I have been teaching myself to 3D model so I can print stuff for costuming. First thing was M4’s new feet motor mounts, sooo much better than what was meant to be the temporary solution of hot glue!

I was so pleased with how well my first ever modelling project went (things for the most part just worked, with a few learning hiccups along the way) that I then went and modelled up three credit ingots from Clone Wars, and came up with my own version of the Cartel coin from SWTOR (had to use a bit of creative license, after all theirs is holographic)

Those are the second round of prototypes, with minor adjustments made. Soon I’ll be on to printing and painting the proper ones Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: