Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My Bellicose Review - Guardian Blue & Blazing Red  (Read 2623 times)
Desmond Falakei
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

Jensaarai Force Warrior

« on: January 19, 2017, 02:45:07 AM »

The Bellicose.  What an amazing lightsaber built by Ultrasabers.  Seriously, it is an awesome piece of work.  I purchased one last month in Blazing Red, and then decided to purchase another in Guardian Blue.  These are my first two replica lightsabers, and they are the best lightsabers I've had since I was a kid using a yellow wiffle ball bat as my lightsaber, and my bike as an X-Wing.

Really they're superior because the previously mentioned combination of a wiffle ball bat and bike ended up with me pole vaulting over my handlebars, landing on my head (somehow uninjured, except for my child ego). 

(which hasn't recovered).

Back to the Bellicose!

Off

On

Just those two pictures show the amazing work.  Side by side, good and evil.  Light and dark.  Blue and red.  My conflict over whether I prefer the light or dark side continues (especially as I read both the Jedi Path and the Book of Sith).  The Jedi are a bit rigid, but the Sith take progress to it's darkest.

But I do like wearing black and gray.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the blade plugs.  I love these.  Not only do they prevent me from blinding myself, but they look pretty damn cool when turned on.

Holding these is pure joy.  The weight, noise, flash on clash are a few steps beyond enjoyable.  I have yet to decide on a proper grip.  I had years of Escrima (stick & knife) and fencing (foil and saber) experience, but extremely limited in sword or staff (long and heavier weapons).  I found the reverse grip easier to wield in the hallway, but the regular grip made it easier to fend off hordes of hungry zombie Jawas.  Okay, maybe they weren't zombies, but I swear they were trying to steal my droids.  And by droids, I mean they were driving by and I took offense.  Damn, the dark side.  Back to the review and grips.

Regardless of how well I am able to wield these against Jawas, Jedi or Sith, the two Bellicose are master pieces.  They are extremely solid.  I purchased heavy blades, not because I plan on banging too often, but because I do prefer the thinner looking blade that the heavy blade creates.  Just a personal preference I found in my research on Google and YouTube (by the way, thanks to all those who've posted videos and pictures...helps a newbie like me...I mean a powerful force wielding warrior like me...still walking that line of the light and dark).

More about the sabers.  The weight of the Bellicose on the belt just adds to the illusion that I'm carrying a real lightsaber.  I can already see a few drinks in, pulling them from my belt and screaming "Suck the Force" while swinging the bladeless handles (lights on, and noises drowning out my own mouth made lightsaber noises...Mmmer Vrem Mmmer...).

Also, the flash on clash feature is awesome.  I went with silver in both.  Damn.  Just awesome.  Adds to all the reasons these are amazing and so superior to my old wiffle ball bat which never did that.  It got a bit grimy from the dirt, but that's not quite the same.  I suggest flash on clash.

Thank you Ultrasabers for the amazing work, but I must also scorn you for creating my new addiction.  Damn you Ultrasabers!  Just kidding, seriously great work.  I appreciate the combination of amazing lightsaber, and extremely fast delivery time.  I think only Amazon delivers faster.  I'm already thinking about my future sabers....damnit.

Shadows are just negative space reversed.

Jensaarai Force Warrior

Light v Dark - Without one, there is no other
DF's Dark Mantis Review

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 04:23:20 AM »

The weight of the Bellicose on the belt just adds to the illusion that I'm carrying a real lightsaber.  

"Illusion"?  Why pretend they're not real?   Grin Tongue

Beautiful and really, you don't see too many people that have a duplicate of the same amazing lightsaber.  They look fantastic together.

The Bellicose you have in blue - thats how I'd spec the details of the hilt with silver blade holder, silver button and an illuminated black AV (except a blue blade - not my thing Smiley)

Congrats on these and thanks for the review.  Your outfit is also quite nice and great pics wielding those blades - points Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:26:42 AM »

Well spoken review. Great pics as well! Definitely my overall favorite hilt.

You shoulder grab a quick release coupler!

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 04:30:03 AM »

Awesome sabers and a great review.  I like your costume too.  Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 04:58:04 AM »

Seriously sweet review, pair of lethal Bellicose sabers and legit looking costume! Great read, impressive seeing twin sabers side by side, like the Yin and the Yang and definitely owe you a point. +1 incoming

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 08:00:06 AM »

The Bellicose.  What an amazing lightsaber built by Ultrasabers.  Seriously, it is an awesome piece of work.  I purchased one last month in Blazing Red, and then decided to purchase another in Guardian Blue.  These are my first two replica lightsabers, and they are the best lightsabers I've had since I was a kid using a yellow wiffle ball bat as my lightsaber, and my bike as an X-Wing.

Really they're superior because the previously mentioned combination of a wiffle ball bat and bike ended up with me pole vaulting over my handlebars, landing on my head (somehow uninjured, except for my child ego).  

Back to the Bellicose!

Off

On

Just those two pictures show the amazing work.  Side by side, good and evil.  Light and dark.  Blue and red.  My conflict over whether I prefer the light or dark side continues (especially as I read both the Jedi Path and the Book of Sith).  The Jedi are a bit rigid, but the Sith take progress to it's darkest.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the blade plugs.  I love these.  Not only do they prevent me from blinding myself, but they look pretty damn cool when turned on.

Holding these is pure joy.  The weight, noise, flash on clash are a few steps beyond enjoyable.  I have yet to decide on a proper grip.  I had years of Escrima (stick & knife) and fencing (foil and saber) experience, but extremely limited in sword or staff (long and heavier weapons).  I found the reverse grip easier to wield in the hallway, but the regular grip made it easier to fend off hordes of hungry zombie Jawas.  Okay, maybe they weren't zombies, but I swear they were trying to steal my droids.  And by droids, I mean they were driving by and I took offense.  Damn, the dark side.  Back to the review and grips.

Regardless of how well I am able to wield these against Jawas, Jedi or Sith, the two Bellicose are master pieces.  They are extremely solid.  I purchased heavy blades, not because I plan on banging too often, but because I do prefer the thinner looking blade that the heavy blade creates.  Just a personal preference I found in my research on Google and YouTube (by the way, thanks to all those who've posted videos and pictures...helps a newbie like me...I mean a powerful force wielding warrior like me...still walking that line of the light and dark).

More about the sabers.  The weight of the Bellicose on the belt just adds to the illusion that I'm carrying a real lightsaber.  I can already see a few drinks in, pulling them from my belt and screaming "Suck the Force" while swinging the bladeless handles (lights on, and noises drowning out my own mouth made lightsaber noises...Mmmer Vrem Mmmer...).

Also, the flash on clash feature is awesome.  I went with silver in both.  Damn.  Just awesome.  Adds to all the reasons these are amazing and so superior to my old wiffle ball bat which never did that.  It got a bit grimy from the dirt, but that's not quite the same.  I suggest flash on clash.

Thank you Ultrasabers for the amazing work, but I must also scorn you for creating my new addiction.  Damn you Ultrasabers!  Just kidding, seriously great work.  I appreciate the combination of amazing lightsaber, and extremely fast delivery time.  I think only Amazon delivers faster.  I'm already thinking about my future sabers....damnit.

Your Bellicose sabers look great together. Nicely done.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »

Awesome written review. Your review has made me even more excited to hold my Bellicose when it arrives Friday. Awesome. I did give a dark side point, because I feel you would be a great addition to the Sith Brotherhood, here on the forums.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 11:13:28 AM »

Great review, and some fantastic sabers, congrats and enjoy them. Point+1

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »

Apart from your review which gave me a good chuckle, I love that you have managed to take that hilt, make it in what looks to be as plain a design as possible, yet have it look so fantastic! I can think of no other hilt in the entire lineup that would suit that costume better. A point to you for... well just for everything! Great review, great sabers, great pics! Thanks Smiley

Desmond Falakei
Knight Lance Corporal

Jensaarai Force Warrior

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 02:00:23 PM »

Thank you all for the force points and kind words.  I consider my campaign against zombie Jawas the high point of my force wielding career.  The two Bellicose will certainly make the slicing and dicing of those little crazy brain eating rascals that much easier.

May the force be with you all, unless you're a Jawa...I mean zombie Jawa...or Ewok...remember them?  Wanting to eat Han, Luke and Chewie.  What jerks, and way to easily forgiven.  My next campaign will be to Endor...

...as soon as I get my bike, I mean, X-Wing fixed...

Thanks again!

Jensaarai Force Warrior

DF's Dark Mantis Review

Desmond Falakei
Knight Lance Corporal

Jensaarai Force Warrior

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 02:04:15 PM »

Well spoken review. Great pics as well! Definitely my overall favorite hilt.

You shoulder grab a quick release coupler!

Great idea.  Looking at those now.

Jensaarai Force Warrior

DF's Dark Mantis Review

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 02:37:36 AM »

The Bellicose.  What an amazing lightsaber built by Ultrasabers.  Seriously, it is an awesome piece of work.  I purchased one last month in Blazing Red, and then decided to purchase another in Guardian Blue.  These are my first two replica lightsabers, and they are the best lightsabers I've had since I was a kid using a yellow wiffle ball bat as my lightsaber, and my bike as an X-Wing.

Back to the Bellicose!

Off

On

Just those two pictures show the amazing work.  Side by side, good and evil.  Light and dark.  Blue and red.  My conflict over whether I prefer the light or dark side continues (especially as I read both the Jedi Path and the Book of Sith).  The Jedi are a bit rigid, but the Sith take progress to it's darkest.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention the blade plugs.  I love these.  Not only do they prevent me from blinding myself, but they look pretty damn cool when turned on.

Holding these is pure joy.  The weight, noise, flash on clash are a few steps beyond enjoyable.  I have yet to decide on a proper grip.  I had years of Escrima (stick & knife) and fencing (foil and saber) experience, but extremely limited in sword or staff (long and heavier weapons).  I found the reverse grip easier to wield in the hallway, but the regular grip made it easier to fend off hordes of hungry zombie Jawas.  Okay, maybe they weren't zombies, but I swear they were trying to steal my droids.  And by droids, I mean they were driving by and I took offense.  Damn, the dark side.  Back to the review and grips.

Regardless of how well I am able to wield these against Jawas, Jedi or Sith, the two Bellicose are master pieces.  They are extremely solid.  I purchased heavy blades, not because I plan on banging too often, but because I do prefer the thinner looking blade that the heavy blade creates.  Just a personal preference I found in my research on Google and YouTube (by the way, thanks to all those who've posted videos and pictures...helps a newbie like me...I mean a powerful force wielding warrior like me...still walking that line of the light and dark).

More about the sabers.  The weight of the Bellicose on the belt just adds to the illusion that I'm carrying a real lightsaber.  I can already see a few drinks in, pulling them from my belt and screaming "Suck the Force" while swinging the bladeless handles (lights on, and noises drowning out my own mouth made lightsaber noises...Mmmer Vrem Mmmer...).

Also, the flash on clash feature is awesome.  I went with silver in both.  Damn.  Just awesome.  Adds to all the reasons these are amazing and so superior to my old wiffle ball bat which never did that.  It got a bit grimy from the dirt, but that's not quite the same.  I suggest flash on clash.

Thank you Ultrasabers for the amazing work, but I must also scorn you for creating my new addiction.  Damn you Ultrasabers!  Just kidding, seriously great work.  I appreciate the combination of amazing lightsaber, and extremely fast delivery time.  I think only Amazon delivers faster.  I'm already thinking about my future sabers....damnit.

amazing review of your bellicose sabers

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »

Back to the Bellicose!

Off

On

Brilliant. You look like Skywalker with that beard  Wink Wink  .. 

Dizzy Darth Vizzy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

Fear The Dizzy Side Of The Force...

« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »

Brilliant. You look like Skywalker with that beard  Wink Wink  .. 

You took the words right out of my mouth, lol.  +1 Point for teh you!   

Dizzy Darth Vizzy
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

Fear The Dizzy Side Of The Force...

« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 05:18:18 PM »

Excellent review Desmond, and +1 point.  While I am saving up for my own saber the Bellicose is DEFINITELY my 2nd favorite saber, save only for The Guardian.  Everyone around here says that, basically, once you get your first saber, you'll like it so much you'll want another, and another, and et al.   It will be an addiction, much like after getting your first tattoo.  Greate pics, and props to the outfit, it looks totally star wars, no question about it.  And as Dude said, you look like Skywalker in that pic, which is a great thing.  I can't wait to see him kick ass in Episode VIII, but that's a long time from now.

Welcome to the forums and congrats on such a fantasic purchase.

MTFBWY...A!!!   

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: