Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: LOGAN - TRAILER 2  (Read 5048 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 02:39:27 AM »

X-23 is in my top 5 characters of all time - so I'm a bit excited for this one.
Look forward to seeing how it pans out - cautiously optimistic.
She is such an awesome character. I wonder if they'll include her third claw?
I know some people complain that we have never had a truly great Wolverine movie yet. I would say, they should watch the R rated extended cut of The Wolverine. It massively improves that movie. But the overall vibes coming from this movie is Totes Awesomesauce (even though it is massively different from the comic storyline, with good reason)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 02:43:40 AM »

You didn't like the Nightcrawler attack scene in the White House at the beginning of X2? Or Wolverine going (a little) berserk and killing soldiers in the mansion? Or the recruiting montage in First Class (especially when they approach Wolverine in the bar). Or filling out Magneto's backstory when he was in the concentration camp as a child?

As I frequently say, movies are subjective (there is no right or wrong).

Out of context parts of a movie, does not an enjoyable movie, make.

I know some people complain that we have never had a truly great Wolverine movie yet. I would say, they should watch the R rated extended cut of The Wolverine. It massively improves that movie. But the overall vibes coming from this movie is Totes Awesomesauce (even though it is massively different from the comic storyline, with good reason)

I fully agree with that sentiment.

I personally thought the extended cut of, "The Wolverine" lent a more intimate angle to what is often thought of as a "Machismo" role.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 02:45:06 AM »

You didn't like the Nightcrawler attack scene in the White House at the beginning of X2? Or Wolverine going (a little) berserk and killing soldiers in the mansion? Or the recruiting montage in First Class (especially when they approach Wolverine in the bar). Or filling out Magneto's backstory when he was in the concentration camp as a child?

As I frequently say, movies are subjective (there is no right or wrong).

Oh, they had their good parts. It probably has something to do with me having high expectations for X1, 2 and FC, while having no expectations for X3 and Origins.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 02:50:20 AM »

Out of context parts of a movie, does not an enjoyable movie, make.

True. But Calon has indicated that he tends to prefer action in his movies. Personally I think there is a lot more to enjoy in those movies than just the bits I mentioned, but that's just me.

I personally thought the extended cut of, "The Wolverine" lent a more intimate angle to what is often thought of as a "Machismo" role.
I though the original did that really well already, although the additional beats in the extended cut definitely added to it. What I felt let down by in the theatrical cut was the climax, most notably Wolverine vs the ninjas. As a fan of the comics, I have loved reading Wolverine/X-titles where it's Wolvie vs a horde of bad guys and he cuts them to shreds. The theatrical version didn't deliver on that (because it wanted to a specific rating). The R rating gave them the licence to show just how effective a fighter he can be. Plus Wolverine vs Ninjas!!!! Awesometacular

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 03:02:04 AM »

Correct, Action is by far my favourite genre. That's why this trailer for Logan looks so awesome.

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 03:06:16 AM »

They could do some pretty cool things if they include her third claw - I have a hard time seeing why they wouldn't.
I loved The Wolverine up until the third act - then it got a little, eh, too much for me. I do agree the extended cut is better though.

There's no way they could ever do the true Old Man Logan movie with the way movie/character rights are now.
When people complain about that I almost roll my eyes - if this is a solid story I'll be happy.

I'm still curious if they'll kill off Logan in this (in comic fashion or a completely different way)

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 03:09:44 AM »

Looks good.  It looks like the grittiest and most raw of the X films so far.  It will be sad to see Hugh Jackman retire from this role, but I think it will be on a high note.

The least well kept secret in the movie finally gets revealed.

Yeah, the girl being X-23.  I don't think there's a person on Earth who knows she exists that didn't have that figured out from the earlier trailers.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 03:10:48 AM »

Oh, they had their good parts. It probably has something to do with me having high expectations for X1, 2 and FC, while having no expectations for X3 and Origins.

X1 and 2 have aged really poorly so it's alright to be disappointed with them. They were halfway decent superhero movies at a time when we didn't get a lot of superhero movies, so their effect was like giving a starving man a cracker. They have their good elements, such as certain cast members and many of the scenes Knox has mentioned in this thread, but they're aggressively mediocre.

FIRST CLASS is the only one in the main series that reaches a basic form of goodness, so it has that same "starving man/cracker" effect for those of us who don't like these movies. It's not great, but it's good.

I'm with you on X3 though. It's super fun and highly underrated. It has actual teamwork among the members and the characters show some personality for once. The narrative is a total mess but the characters and action make up for it, so I'm alright with it.

I don't want to talk about ORIGINS.  Roll Eyes

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 03:14:14 AM »

I like all of the X-Men films.  Much like the comics, they're all over the place in terms of story and continuity, but each is fun in its own way.  The only thing I don't like about Origins is Deadpool.  Don't even get me started.  But, at least they poked fun at it in the movie Deadpool.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 03:17:40 AM »

There's no way they could ever do the true Old Man Logan movie with the way movie/character rights are now.
When people complain about that I almost roll my eyes - if this is a solid story I'll be happy.
Exactly. It's just that blind stubborn refusal to acknowledge the impossibility of a straight adaptation that gets a little annoying at times. However, if they have the "essence" of Old Man Logan, but told in a way that fits in with the movies that have already been released, I'll be happy.

They could do some pretty cool things if they include her third claw - I have a hard time seeing why they wouldn't.
I have been trying to see if I can spot it during the forest scene in the clip (I think Hugh Jackman in contractually obliged to be in a forest at some point when he's playing Wolverine! lol).

I'm still curious if they'll kill off Logan in this (in comic fashion or a completely different way)
I think it is a given that Prof X will die. But as for Wolverine?
I read a theory that states during a post credit scene a time portal will open up and Cable will step out to take X-23 to the future, leaving the way for an adult version to appear in Deadpool or other X-movies down the line.

I like all of the X-Men films.  Much like the comics, they're all over the place in terms of story and continuity, but each is fun in its own way.  The only thing I don't like about Origins is Deadpool.  Don't even get me started.  But, at least they poked fun at it in the movie Deadpool.
The continuity for X-films is atrocious. But, apart from X3 and Apocalypse, I agree with you; the movies are fun. They were being made before the MCU existed which is why some people judge them so harshly. Lest we forget that up until 2008 the concept a "cinematic universe" didn't exist.

And there are so many great things about last year's Deadpool, most notably his poking fun at Origins AND Green Lantern!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 03:25:10 AM »

Please don't make the super suit green.  Or animated.  Cheesy

Yeah, so much fun.  There was a rumor that he had shot some stuff for Logan, possibly a post-credit scene, but that was quickly shot down by Hugh Jackman, James Mangold and Ryan Reynolds himself.  But, we'll see.

I'd say The Last Stand (X3) is my least favorite of the X-Men films.  I think the first two are probably my favorites.  When I went to see the first one in the theater, I had Wolverine chops.  Grin  I actually like Apocalypse, but that's just my opinion.  I enjoyed it.  In fact, I saw it and, two days later, bought it at work on Blu-Ray.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 03:36:02 AM »

All the talk is that Ryan Reynolds is trying to convince Hugh Jackman to appear in Deadpool 2, either as Wolverine or possibly just as Hugh Jackman. Did you see the recent picture that was posted of Jackman and Reynolds hanging out with Pierce Brosnan, which has some sections of the internet speculating that Brosnan has been cast as Cable.

Wolverine Origins and X3 are definitely my least liked of all the X-films. Apocalypse wasn't bad, just disappointing.

As for Deadpool, here's the video that Reynolds posted to create some oscar buzz for the film:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQcXolXaymY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQcXolXaymY</a>

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 03:39:39 AM »

If it was up to me, Deadpool would win all kinds of awards.  But, they don't consult me on these things.  Wink

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2017, 03:44:43 AM »

X1 and 2 have aged really poorly so it's alright to be disappointed with them. They were halfway decent superhero movies at a time when we didn't get a lot of superhero movies, so their effect was like giving a starving man a cracker. They have their good elements, such as certain cast members and many of the scenes Knox has mentioned in this thread, but they're aggressively mediocre.

FIRST CLASS is the only one in the main series that reaches a basic form of goodness, so it has that same "starving man/cracker" effect for those of us who don't like these movies. It's not great, but it's good.

I'm with you on X3 though. It's super fun and highly underrated. It has actual teamwork among the members and the characters show some personality for once. The narrative is a total mess but the characters and action make up for it, so I'm alright with it.

I don't want to talk about ORIGINS.  Roll Eyes

I like that analogy, point.

I'm guessing I shouldn't mention that I liked Origins even better than X3? Grin

I'm off to watch The Wolverine.

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2017, 05:08:33 AM »

I like that analogy, point.

I'm guessing I shouldn't mention that I liked Origins even better than X3? Grin

I'm off to watch The Wolverine.

LOL let's not get to that conversation.  Cheesy

THE WOLVERINE is good. Enjoy.  Smiley

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: