Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hi guys! New in Kentucky!  (Read 2063 times)
Mav Karain
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 9

« on: January 19, 2017, 06:29:23 PM »

Hi everybody! I'm a somewhat new addict to the saber thing and do have a few by now but just joined the forum recently. Im from the Lexington Kentucky area and didn't grow up watching the films but grew to really appreciate them as an adult. I have become highly skilled in discovering new, innovative excuses for why there need to be more sabers in the house and specialize in justifying the expense to my husband (doesn't take much!).

Our first saber is a Darth Vader replica of some sort that my husband picked up second hand from a local book store. I was jealous, so for my birthday he let me get my first and favorite saber, my Liberator in Amethyst. I managed to nail him in the head with it within 5 minutes of unboxing, so we decided it was only fair for him to have his own Ultrasaber to defend himself with (the Vader one was really just a prop) so he got the Bellicose in green. Then Halloween came. He dressed as Vader at our town party. Many younglings attempted to fight him, which gave me the idea of getting a red saber that could withstand dueling. Rogue One was about to come out and US had a sale so what better way to celebrate than with a Dominix V4 right?? Well... That one came, and then I wanted blue, so our friends could fight without having to steal our Liberator or Bellicose. We picked the standard issue battle saber, but since I wanted to get a raffle ticket, we justified throwing in a grab bag saber just for fun. The grab bag turned out to be an Aeon V2 in arctic blue. This is how we have six sabers and it is glorious Cheesy

I'm hoping to find some people locally to spar with once it gets a little warmer out and maybe start a regular group or club type thing. I've been watching a series of videos on YouTube to learn the basics for now, and I'm looking forward to meeting people and learning some stuff on this forum!

(You can really see the difference in brightness from the Vader rep on the right compared to all the US!)

Liberator • Bellicose • Dominix V4 • Stnd Issue Battle Saber • Aeon V2

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 06:46:51 PM »

Wow, that's quite the collection.  Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of sabers.  Grin  That Vader looks like it may be an official replica, so you're wise to not duel with that, as it's really just an expensive toy.  I have a Luke ANH replica toy.  Really nice, looks great on display.  I certainly would never clash blades with it, though.  But, that's what Ultra Sabers are for.  Grin

Anyway, thanks for posting and sharing.  Do you feel the pull towards the light side or dark?

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »

Welcome to the forum. Quite a nice little collection you have going!

Mav Karain
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:20:10 PM »

Wow, that's quite the collection.  Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of sabers.  Grin  That Vader looks like it may be an official replica, so you're wise to not duel with that, as it's really just an expensive toy.  I have a Luke ANH replica toy.  Really nice, looks great on display.  I certainly would never clash blades with it, though.  But, that's what Ultra Sabers are for.  Grin

Anyway, thanks for posting and sharing.  Do you feel the pull towards the light side or dark?

We figured the Vader one was something like that when we turned it on and it had string lights in the blade, so he mostly just uses it to be Vader Smiley

As for dark or light, I'd go light, but I'm pretty sure the Jedi order wouldn't work out for me and I'd leave it- I'm not the best with rules and restrictions, and patience is not exactly my strong point. That's partially the reason my personal saber is purple!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 08:32:03 PM »

OK, light side points it is then.  Don't let my avatar fool you, I left the Jedi Order a long time ago, to wander the galaxy as neither Jedi or Sith.  Just a dude with Force powers and a lightsaber.  (OK, 13 lightsabers  Cheesy)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 08:40:48 PM »

Welcome. Those are some beautiful sabers. I really want a Bellicose. Very cool story of how you got into them.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Spoiler79
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

Chillin'

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 08:56:54 PM »

Hello and welcome to the Forum! I just joined a couple days ago myself.  Cool collection!

Archon V2.1-OBV4 in Guardian Blue*
Initiate V4-OB LITE in Guardian Blue (Son)
Consular (x2)-both w/ OBV4 in Consular Green*
Dominix LE V2-Stunt saber in Consular Green-(2016/17 Winter Raffle 4th Prize!)
Dominix LE V4-OB LITE in Blazing Red*
Prophecy V3-OB LITE in Arctic Blue*
The Guardian-OBV4 in Guardian Blue*

*-(FOC Silver)
[Lightside Points Appreciated]

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 10:31:39 PM »

Welcome to the forum! Awesome collection you have there Smiley I especially like the Standard Issue, which really comes alive with the other lights reflecting on it there.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 07:08:33 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 02:52:48 PM »

Hello Mav Karain, and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Annhwi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 06:37:33 PM »

I am new to the community myself... but welcome all the same.  Happy sabering... Huzzah!

Mav Karain
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 06:39:52 PM »

Thanks everyone!!!  Grin

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 03:57:06 AM »

Welcome Mav Karain ! I love what you got going for yourself there! Nice collection!

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 08:48:31 AM »

Welcome MK from Kentucky! Thanks for showing us your collection. You've got a little bit of momentum building there. Shocked  Love what you've collected so far.  More sabers in the house!? Better believe it! I've come to recognize my Ultra Sabers addiction and embrace it, because hehehe, life is better with Sabers.

Again, welcome to you and be sure to take advantage of the search function here to find a lot of answers to questions you might have.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 12:57:56 AM »

Welcome to the ADDICTION that is Ultra Sabers!  MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: