Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: The Force flows through the Silver Mantis  (Read 1556 times)
Mikus
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 8

"Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter"

« on: January 19, 2017, 06:36:46 PM »

Hi, I'm brand new to this forum, and a pretty new enthusiast and owner of my very own lightsabre. What else can I say besides stating that I couldn't be happier with the Mantis sabre hilt. I got it in silver, with a non illuminated AV switch, and it is absolutely stunning. The details in the shroud, the grip and the gorgeous emitter make this sabre a 'force' to be reckoned with. And when I first turned it on I was blown away by the sound, the colour and just the FEEL of the weapon in my hands. I went with Consular Green (I feel I'm a pacifist Soresu man), and in the Ultra Edge, Heavy grade blade it still looks imposingly bright. The hilt itself is a good 3 inches longer than most, which goes well with that ever so elegant curve, and gives the weapon interesting balance. The Obsidian sound board makes its presence KNOWN (don't turn it on at night if people are sleeping haha), and the Emerald driver enabled me to get the exact look to my weapon that I was craving. After adjusting my pulse settings to create a dazzling, flickering unsteady blade, I set my sound to Blackstar... The sound and unsteady blade combine with the sheer size of the sabre to create a truly personal and intimidating feeling weapon. I can't wait to purchase my next sabre. I'm looking at the Dark Monarch with Blazing Red, as having both a Consular sabre and a Sith sabre side by side on the mantle feels like a dream come true. Thanks for everything Ultrasabres. Everything in this experience was perfect, and I just couldn't believe the speed at which my mew favorite toy showed up. You'll definitely hear from me again. -Force be with you Smiley

PS: I want to add a note that I'm a machinist by trade, and can appreciate the craftsmanship and attention to quality and durability that has gone into the design and construction of this wonderful weapon.

- Silver Mantis - Dark Monarch -

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 08:38:20 PM »

Don't forget to acknowledge the rules in case you haven't . That's  great saber, I'm considering one as well, Emerald driver too.  Being a machinist you would definitely know what it takes to make such a wonderful piece. Welcome to the forum!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 08:52:50 PM »

After you do as Jediseth said, post some pics of that beauty.  We want to see it!  Smiley

Also, if you wad up some cloth (part of a sock or T-shirt or something) and stuff it down in the pommel, it dampens the sound enough for you to enjoy without disturbing others, for that late night Sabering.  Cool

Mikus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »

Thanks for the info you two! What a great community! I'll certainly get around to posting some pics. I'm just so new to the forum and still learning the ropes of posting, and haven't been on here in weeks!

Galactic Overlord
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 29

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 07:28:52 PM »

Sounds like a cool saber. I, too, really dig the consular green with an ultra edge blade.

I would love to try out a Mantis, just to see how it handles. The curved hilt reminds me of the swords when I took a fencing class long ago.

Regarding the sound, the default episode fonts are a bit quieter. I like the Blackstar font when I go with a red blade and want that sinister sound, but I use episode 2 most of the time for the lower volume and the clash sounds.

What color do you use for flash on clash with consular green?

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2017, 08:28:43 PM »

Yup. Definitely want to see what an all silver Mantis looks like Tongue What pommel version did you go for?

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Mikus
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 05:20:34 AM »

In response to Galactic Overlord, my Flash on Clash is full white for .02s; with full green, also for .02s.  Plays twice. The curved handle is very interesting, and for my size it's definitely a two-handed weapon.  I've been learning basic duelling skills from Carey Martell's 'Stunt Lightsaber Combat For Beginners' book - following 14th century duelling styles  - and for sweeping strikes, like Cleaves and Middle Cuts, the power you get from that slight curve is nice, it kind of springs out of your grip.    

And I went with the pommel with the square knobs, to answer Zren Tobas' question.

I finally took some serviceable pictures  Grin  ...I should add that in these pics I have my mid-grade blade in, not the heavy ultra-edge one I usually use (I've been testing out the various blades).

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 05:59:12 AM »

Nice mantis, cool shirt!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 09:03:14 AM »

Nice mantis, cool shirt!

Couldn't agree more. Point to you Mikus.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: