Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Buck Puck Rattle - How to Fix?  (Read 844 times)
chillyg1193
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 19, 2017, 11:34:04 PM »

Got my first saber and it is amazing.

I wanted to get a no sound stunt saber but having issues with the Buck Puck rattle.  The buck puck is an energy saving device between the LED and the battery pack..but it is FREE FLOATING.

LED-----(wire)----switch-----buck puck----wrapped battery pack.

Because the buck puck it not "attached" to anything but other wires, it is hanging out in space with only a few soldier points to hold it in place.

WHEN i go full head to head with someone, that buck puck will rattle itself to death.

I know because it is a voltage limiter, it will get warm, so I'm a little worried about shoving a few formed pieces of foam around it.  What should I do?

I tried looking through the forum for PUCK suggestions, but not able to find any..I cant believe I'm the only one to complain about this.
It is a STUNT saber, so it should be solid, through and through.

Emory and the talented techs at US...what can I do that will be safe for the puck and safe for dueling?

Thanks!

Gavin

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:52:53 AM »

You can put some thin craft foam around the inside of the hilt.  All you have to do is cut a section that's as long as you want it, and wide enough to go around the inner part of the hilt.  Then take the batteries out and put the foam in, lining the inside of the hilt.  This should cushion things and, while it may not entirely stop the rattle, it may at least dampen it.  Since it won't be tight around buck puck, you won't have to worry about head dissipation not working.  Though, I'm not even sure how much that makes a difference.  My Electrum Wind has V4 sound, so it has the Li-Ion batteries and buck puck.  It came with the buck puck completely wrapped in electrical tape.  So, I'm not all that certain that covering it up is necessarily a bad thing.

Grindspine
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 21

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 04:08:26 AM »

The resistor setup puts off excess voltage as heat.  Apparently the Buck Puck puts off less than the resistor setup.

I have used some regular wool felt in my stunt saber to keep the batteries from rattling.  If the Buck Puck doesn't get too hot, felt could work for that too.

chillyg1193
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »

Thanks for the insite!!
Very helpful!

Morgoth136
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -44

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 08:27:42 AM »

If you get one of the "small round caps" and out it in behind your batteries they will stay In place nicely

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "

check out my lightsaber dueling group, the scions of the balance
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvTovNQK2fuAfSE6J46K0rg

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: