Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: A Tale of Three Sabers  (Read 8364 times)
scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2017, 03:00:27 PM »

Nice. I might actually grab some 24'' HG myself for my saber staff. ThAt being said do you have a quick release coupler yet? Man they are fun..

Im starting to feel like the quick release coupler ambassador....lol..

I think you were the first person to post a video actually using the QR coupler in a spin routine, weren't you?  I can't even imagine getting there.  Wink  Yeah, I have one.  I cashed in some reward points right after it came out and got it for free.  Cheesy  (have I said lately how much I love this company?)

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »

I think you were the first person to post a video actually using the QR coupler in a spin routine, weren't you?  I can't even imagine getting there.  Wink  Yeah, I have one.  I cashed in some reward points right after it came out and got it for free.  Cheesy  (have I said lately how much I love this company?)

Im not sure if I was the first, maybe. I know right when they became available I immediately ordered one. You'll get there. Time + Consistency = Success. ( and I agree. I send everyone from my club here. )

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2017, 03:29:41 PM »

Yeah, my issue is time and not being extremely tired from the work I do.  That was what made me lapse in my attempts to learn saber combat.  Well, that and not having a sparring partner.  I guess, if I want one of those, I need to give some of my friends some of the sabers I have.  Wink  That's one reason I've been looking more at orbits/spinning.  It's entirely a solo thing and you can easily practice for just a few minutes here and there.  All you need is a saber and a bit of open space.  Cheesy

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2017, 04:21:15 PM »

SFD, I'm just seeing this (real life sucks right now)  Tongue

Those look AWESOME!

+1 for sure. Grin  

(add sound to that Fulcrum Smiley)

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2017, 05:02:44 PM »

Thanks Lord Rapine.  Dude, I know you have a lot going on right now.  I wish there was some way I could help, but alas I can't.

(add sound to that Fulcrum Smiley)

(it's a Lost Gray, but that's OK Wink)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »

Thanks Lord Rapine.  Dude, I know you have a lot going on right now.  I wish there was some way I could help, but alas I can't.

(it's a Lost Gray, but that's OK Wink)
D'OH!  Of course it is....lol

I just need to figure things out here.  This week's pretty much a write-off. 

I'll get there - always do...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2017, 05:41:45 PM »

I have faith that you will, you're a fighter.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2017, 06:21:29 PM »

I have faith that you will, you're a fighter.

Is that what it's called?  I thought it was shell magnet. Tongue

Thanks for the well wishes BTW, and sorry I screwed up the name of your raffle entry...BAH!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2017, 06:38:53 PM »

What a well written review - points for sure! Thx for making my wait harder lol.

You've got me thinking about the weight and balance of the Lost Gray compared to blade type. I got a 32" mid grade coming - but I think a low pro pommel would help even things out if need be.

I do have 36" to swap out or a HG 32" - looking fwd to playing around with the options that's for sure.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »

D'OH!  Of course it is....lol

I just need to figure things out here.  This week's pretty much a write-off. 

That's an awesome attitude and great example for us all, LR.  Even so, still sorry life's not so great right now. We all love ya here!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2017, 07:39:44 PM »

Thanks LB. Smiley

I'm trying not to make so much of it on here, but it's tough.  I'm in a much better mood today, but still pretty down.

I'll be fine - just need time.

Sabers help. Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2017, 07:51:16 PM »

Thanks LB. Smiley

I'm trying not to make so much of it on here, but it's tough.  I'm in a much better mood today, but still pretty down.

I'll be fine - just need time.

Sabers help.  Smiley

Indeed the Force must be with them, because life really is better with sabers.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2017, 11:58:41 PM »

What a well written review - points for sure! Thx for making my wait harder lol.

You've got me thinking about the weight and balance of the Lost Gray compared to blade type. I got a 32" mid grade coming - but I think a low pro pommel would help even things out if need be.

I do have 36" to swap out or a HG 32" - looking fwd to playing around with the options that's for sure.

Thanks a lot.  Smiley

Blade choice could vary by person.  I really need to check just how balanced it really is when I get home.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2017, 12:07:02 AM »

Thanks a lot.  Smiley

Blade choice could vary by person.  I really need to check just how balanced it really is when I get home.

Yes, there is a lot of truth in that. There is a lot of personal preference that goes into blade type choice.

I also think you need to consider what you're going for. I can spin my mid grades much faster, because they are so much lighter, but that is not always my goal. I'm usually about 70-80% as far as speed goes, because I like to focus more on control and direction than on speed.

The same goes for sparring. I like to clear my opponents blade out of the way to create openings. The extra rigidity and weight of the HG blades allow me to do that much easier.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2017, 05:16:41 AM »

Well, with the stunt setup, it balances right at the end of the hilt with a 36-inch HG blade.  With sound and all that, I'm sure it would still be hilt heavy.  But, that's to be expected.  It's so heavy because it's all metal, which is more than you can say for some sabers.  Wink  The pommel really adds a lot of weight to the back end, which is fine with me.  I like a saber with good heft to it.  It feels really nice to wield.

When I'm doing anything, either practicing combat moves or trying to spin, I go for precision more than speed.  I'm still very much a novice and what I call spinning is rudimentary compared to what some of you guys do, but I'm learning.  A couple weeks ago, I was spinning around one of my Aeons and got going too fast and whacked myself in the left shin with a heavy grade blade.  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: