Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: New Guy from the Great White North  (Read 1919 times)
kenter22
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

"I am one with the force and the force is with me"

« on: January 20, 2017, 09:46:40 AM »

Hey all,

Kent from Canada here. I very recently made my first ultrasabers purchase and I am in love. I already want to buy another and most likely will but I will have to make it work on a student's budget. I decided the best time to start my collection was during the winter raffle sale and although I didn't win I would like to congratulate all those who did. For my first saber I went with the Prophecy V3 in violet amethyst. It has the Obsidian V4 soundboard as well as silver flash on clash. I feel that these choices reflect the kind of lightsaber I would wield if I were a part of the star wars universe. For my next ultrasaber purchase I would ideally like to purchase both the Chosen One and the Graflex (budget permitting) and then who knows where my collection could go from there?!

Thanks everyone!

P.S. although purple sabers can be attributed to both the dark and light side of the force (depending on who you ask) I would appreciate light side points.

My Sabers
Prophecy V3 Obsidian V4 - Violet Amethyst (Silver FOC)
Chosen One SE Obsidian V4 - TRI Blazing Red
Graflex SE Obsidian V4 - TRI Guardian Blue

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:01:54 AM »

So welcome in this crazy place of saber enthusiast ... you will find all that can be found about sabers here ...

And i will give you your first point just because it is good to see a new Light Sider around Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 12:09:03 PM »

Welcome! I think you posted a pic of your purchase? Any Prophecy is a good one, but a purple one sounds fantastic Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 02:21:28 PM »

Welcome to the forums Kent!  I'm from Canada as well and live in Saskatchewan.  Congrats on your first real lightsaber Grin - and a very nice one at that.  

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 02:28:18 PM »

Welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of combat lightsabers.  A Prophecy definitely sounds like a fantastic starter saber.  The Chosen One and Graflex are a couple other wonderful designs.  Smiley

skullsquadronx
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -183

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 03:23:29 PM »

Hello kenter22, and Welcome to the Saber Forum family, from Northeast Pennsylvania.

11/15 (2)Ravens SS VA (ED&O4) 12/15 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 06/16 Flamberge v2 AS (ED&O4) 06/16 Initiate v4 CG 07/16 Mantis ce AB (ED&O4) 07/16 D Initiate v4 AB 09/16 Archon v3 EG (ED&O4) 09/16 Initiate le v2 CG 09/16 D Apprentice le v4 FO 09/16 Dominix v4 GB 10/16 Electrum Wind DVA (ED&O4) 10/16 Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 GB 10/16 Aeon v3 AB 11/16 Aeon v4 AB 04/17 Emperor's Hand DVA (DC) 04/17 Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber tri CG & O litell 04/17 Initiate le v2 GB

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 03:36:41 PM »

Hey kenter22!

Welcome to the forum from another Canadian. Smiley

Excellent choice in the Prophecy.  Amazing saber - adore mine. Grin

Buying sabers is an addiction - you won't stop there...lol

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Annhwi
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 06:41:02 PM »

Welcome from a fellow Icewalker (admittedly only WI, but we still get the weather Smiley ) I also started with a Prophecy and with it currently out of the box for about 10 min., I am quite taken with its balance and ease of use.

Happy sabering... Huzzah!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »

Welcome. I really want a Prophecy or Dark Prophecy. They are beautiful sabers. I really like the VA color, and I think it would look really good on a Prophecy.

Again, welcome.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 08:23:59 PM »

welcome to the community! and your new addiction if this is your first!

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Darth Genji
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -58

Dark Side Points!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 04:00:10 AM »

Hey all,

Kent from Canada here. I very recently made my first ultrasabers purchase and I am in love. I already want to buy another and most likely will but I will have to make it work on a student's budget. I decided the best time to start my collection was during the winter raffle sale and although I didn't win I would like to congratulate all those who did. For my first saber I went with the Prophecy V3 in violet amethyst. It has the Obsidian V4 soundboard as well as silver flash on clash. I feel that these choices reflect the kind of lightsaber I would wield if I were a part of the star wars universe. For my next ultrasaber purchase I would ideally like to purchase both the Chosen One and the Graflex (budget permitting) and then who knows where my collection could go from there?!

Thanks everyone!

P.S. although purple sabers can be attributed to both the dark and light side of the force (depending on who you ask) I would appreciate light side points.

Hey kenter22 welcome to then SaberForum ! And glad to have you with us. Awesome first purchase going with the Prophecy V3 in VA. I'm planning to get me a Dark Prophecy V3 soon in Tri-Cree Blazing Red. I'd like my VA or DVA to be on a Dark Mantis though. The Chosen One and Graflex would be nice additions too. Hopefully you get your next one soon enough. Again welcome and feel free to ask any questions and share with us!

"This is also the reason there can only be one Dark Lord.  The Sith must be ruled by a single leader: the very embodiment of the strength and power of the dark side.  If the leader grows weak another must rise to seize the mantle.  The strong rule; the weak are meant to serve.  This is the way it must be.
My time here is ended.  Take what I have taught you and use it well."

Dark Side Points only please! Thank you! Smiley

12/30/16 - Dark Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Consular Green)
01/09/17 - Apprentice LE V4 w/ Sound (Tri-Cree Fire Orange)

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 08:20:15 AM »

Hello to you, kenter22! Glad you're here and wise choice on the Prophecy as your first saber. Like LR said the Prophecy is one most adore around here. Highly esteemed and probably on nearly everyone's wish list if they don't already have one. I have the Dark Prophecy with Tri-Arctic Blue and now want the regular one, too. I actually want all of them, hehehe, but the Chosen One is near the top. Big welcome to the forum and congratulations on a new addiction worth embracing. It leads to a lot of good times.  Grin

It's my pleasure to award you a light side point for your much appreciated intro 🤗

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

kenter22
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

"I am one with the force and the force is with me"

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 05:50:59 PM »

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! It is nice to see some fellow Canadians/Icewalkers here! I can't wait to further embrace our new shared addiction and share in this awesome community.

My Sabers
Prophecy V3 Obsidian V4 - Violet Amethyst (Silver FOC)
Chosen One SE Obsidian V4 - TRI Blazing Red
Graflex SE Obsidian V4 - TRI Guardian Blue

Lord Raváge
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1453

Ki tsimsima tuti mazo Galactic, Nu qorit dudnims!

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2017, 07:47:37 AM »

Labintias sulig tave Jen' Garthaz iv SoCal, bustas iv tave Tsis!!! Cool
(Greetings from the Dark Side of SoCal, domicile of the Sith)

Zhelosa kia tu'iea kitok addiction! Grin
(Welcome to your new addiction!)

Galez Akuyi Buti Su J'us!
(May The Force Be With You!)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2017, 10:17:56 PM »

Hello and welcome fellow Prophecy owner,   You have chosen wisely!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: