Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Buying a completed saber VS. buying individual saber parts... Price differences?  (Read 1006 times)
Whiplash907
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 20, 2017, 07:01:13 PM »

Hey guys, so I have two US Sabers, one with sound and one without, but I am considering buying a second one and was wondering if anyone could answer a question or two. First off, is there a serious price difference between buying a saber with all the electronics already installed vs. buying a saber hilt and then buying the parts and installing them myself?

Thanks, Whiplash907

Dominix V4 (Stunt)- Silver with Color disks.
DARK SENTINEL LE V4 (Obsidian Lite sound)- Fire Orange.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 11:54:28 PM »

Yes, big price difference.  You can confirm this by putting a saber with whatever you want in your cart.  (except Emerald, US doesn't sell those boards individually)  Then empty it and put all the parts you'll need (don't forget the blade, batteries and a charger) in the cart and you'll see the difference.  Even buying a stunt and then upgrading to sound later is more cost effective than buying the empty hilt, LED, battery pack, blade and switch individually.  Ultra Sabers' primary product is complete sabers, so you're going to get the best deal buying sabers.

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 01:37:24 AM »

The other thing you need to think about is Warranty.

All complete (Stunt or Sound) sabers have a 1 year warranty.

DIY does not.

You'll end up spending more on the components and if something goes wrong that you can't fix - you'll be spending a LOT more to have them do it.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

doomblade0
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »

The other thing you need to think about is Warranty.

All complete (Stunt or Sound) sabers have a 1 year warranty.
I am new to this forum, and from what I have read, you are not, however, where does it say there is any warranty?

https://www.ultrasabers.com/terms.asp
Ultrasabers has this in their Terms and Conditions:
"Warranty Disclaimer
This site and the materials and products on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Ultra Sabers LLC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Ultra Sabers LLC does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Ultra Sabers LLC does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you."

Maybe I looked in the wrong place?

Thanks for any responses/advice to my questions!  I really appreciate them!
Grab Bag Stunts:
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red
Standard Issue - Fire Orange

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 01:02:31 AM »

from the FAQ:

We provide a full one year limited warranty for any failures resulting from defective craftsmanship. That pretty much covers the entire “guts” of all our sabers as well as the construction of our custom sabers. The warranty is not transferable! If a customer sells/trades their saber to someone else, the warranty will not go with it. We keep records of every transaction.
Items covered:
FX Saber Conversions:
      Faulty LED lighting system
      Faulty internal hardware/wiring
      Blade film quality issue
      Any faulty non-stock part/process that Ultra Sabers performs as part of the conversion process.
Ultra Customs
      Faulty LED lighting system
      Faulty internal hardware/wiring
      Blade film quality issue
      Our custom sound board/speaker failure
Items NOT covered:
FX Saber Conversions:
      Cosmetic defects from the original vendor’s craftsmanship
      Stock sound board failure
      Failure that can be traced to an attempt at overdriving the LED lighting system (This is easy since the sound board will fry before the LED does)
      Failure that can be identified as obvious physical neglect. (If the saber looks like you were dueling with the opposite end)
      Water submersion (It's a saber, not a torpedo)
Ultra Saber Custom Lightsabers:
      Any failure that results from customer disassembling their custom saber
      Wiring failure resulting from “twisted” wires inside the hilt. (Custom sabers only)
      Water submersion
      Failure that can be identified as obvious physical neglect
      Damage resulting from general abuse

doomblade0
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 02:05:44 AM »

from the FAQ:

Ah ok, cool thanks!

Thanks for any responses/advice to my questions!  I really appreciate them!
Grab Bag Stunts:
Aeon v4 - Blazing Red
Standard Issue - Fire Orange

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: