Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Quick question about Prophecy LED module  (Read 1021 times)
Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« on: January 22, 2017, 04:28:42 AM »

I'm planning on painting one of my Prophecy sabres to make it more like a Dark Prophecy (Operation Yin Yang - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33710.msg527685#msg527685), but after checking out the LED module, noticed it has 5 separate very fine wires attached to it, due to it being FOC.
Any of you guys who have modded a Prophecy, is it possible to pass the LED module though the hilt and out the pommel hole once the A/V switch has been removed, therefore not requiring the 5 wires to be cut and re-soldered when putting the electronics back in the sabre?
I ask because, although my soldering skills have improved, I'm not that confident in cutting all 5 wires, and soldering them back together correctly, therefore completely ruining my sabre.
Thank you in advance!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 05:45:20 AM »

I'm planning on painting one of my Prophecy sabres to make it more like a Dark Prophecy (Operation Yin Yang - http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33710.msg527685#msg527685), but after checking out the LED module, noticed it has 5 separate very fine wires attached to it, due to it being FOC.
Any of you guys who have modded a Prophecy, is it possible to pass the LED module though the hilt and out the pommel hole once the A/V switch has been removed, therefore not requiring the 5 wires to be cut and re-soldered when putting the electronics back in the sabre?
I ask because, although my soldering skills have improved, I'm not that confident in cutting all 5 wires, and soldering them back together correctly, therefore completely ruining my sabre.
Thank you in advance!

It sticks in the choke. Cut the wires at the battery end instead.

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 07:41:39 AM »

I thought as much, thanks for replying so quick!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 12:32:36 PM »

The beauty of having other Australian members on here mate Wink

I'm looking forward to seeing those when you're done!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 02:38:18 PM »

I saw the thread last night but, not owning a Prophecy, I didn't want to say anything.  However, in my experience with other single piece body/emitter designs from US, the switch section is a slightly smaller diameter than the emitter, so there's the slightest bit of a "shelf" for the LED heat sink to catch on.  After all, it's probably not a good idea to have it go back and butt against the switch.  Anyway, I wasn't sure on the Prophecy, so I just waited for someone such as Isola815, who has disassembled one, to come along.  Wink

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2017, 02:17:57 AM »

I was curious myself on how the internal diameter went, so I tried to stick a blade through from the bottom.. caught right on the bottom of the switch section as you say SFD.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 02:13:21 AM »

Hey Seano, check this thread by Lord C http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=31860.0

This will work for any v3, v4 or US hilt that has the narrow internal diameter through the middle of the switch section, including the Prophecy . . .

Basically . . . you remove the switch . . . unscrew the LED module casing (leaving all the wiring to the star intact) . . . and all the electronics should easily be removed from the pommel end . . .

If you want more info, let us know . . . cheers  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Seano
Knight Templar

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 10:19:43 AM »

Thanks for that link JediXIX!

I watched a YouTube video of someone unscrewing the LED module from the casing on a Standard Issue sabre, and it looks relatively easy, so bought myself some angled tip pliers, and will give it a crack.

You all stocked up on lamb ready for Australia Day?! Only 2 days to go - bring on the cold beers, and the lamb chops/burgers!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: