Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: "The Mustafar" custom Prophecy v3 build gallery  (Read 6670 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« on: January 22, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »

Hey everyone!

Some of you may have seen my Prophecy v3 review:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33220.0

And some of you may have seen my Prophecy v3 custom build thread:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=33555.0

Well here is the finished product.

This hilt is called The Mustafar.

Once it started to near completion, an idea formed in my mind. I wanted to make a series of planet "inspired" modified Ultra Sabers. For this saber, looking like it was dragged from fires and molten lava, the only name that seemed fitting was The Mustafar.

This will be the first in a series (hopefully a long series) of hilts that I am going to model after planets in the Star Wars universe. We see lots of character inspired things, or things based around specific starships, but I've never personally seen a planet collection. I have a few more ideas for the "next in line" and would ideally like to make one for every color available for the sabers. I am also going to aim to have a visible Kyber crystal in each saber as a recurring theme.

So without further ado, Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you The Mustafar:

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 03:04:51 PM »

I won't lie,  that is sweeter than sweet. Great photography Isola!!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 03:06:48 PM »

Dude, that is absolutely awesome.  Great name too, since it looks like it's hung out too long on Mustafar.  Wink  I really enjoyed watching you turn this from a saber you were initially bummed out with into a truly unique work of art.  Your vision and skills are amazing.  I'm looking forward to seeing more sabers from you.  And, of course, the photos are sweet.  Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 06:11:27 PM »

Your idea of planet inspired lightsabers is GENIUS! I love it and what an incredible start you're of to work one of the most iconic planets in the system, Mustafar!  Shocked Shocked Shocked

The saber and back story...   MIND BLOWN!   Shocked

Thanks for sharing and I eagerly look forward to seeing more of your projects for this collection. Outstanding!

Point awarded, but doesn't seem like it's enough so another one in an hour 😊

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 09:18:54 PM »

Pretty spectacular . . . I'm primarily one of those "shiny new saber" guys but this looks great!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »

That looks fantastic. The weathering and damage is sweet,but what really gets me is that frayed/melted wire. I really like the crystal too. Great work.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 11:29:57 PM »

Like I just said in your Misread Prophecy thread, that thing looks amazing. You will be getting points for a while. I cant wait to see what your next planet saber will be. Maybe an Alderaan or Tatooine?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2017, 12:07:00 AM »

Like I just said in your Misread Prophecy thread, that thing looks amazing. You will be getting points for a while. I cant wait to see what your next planet saber will be. Maybe an Alderaan or Tatooine?

One of those I have a plan for, but it's not next Wink

Thanks everyone for the comments and points!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 01:54:20 AM »

One of those I have a plan for, but it's not next Wink

Thanks everyone for the comments and points!

Does Kashyyyk have a place on your list?

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 02:11:46 AM »

Does Kashyyyk have a place on your list?

You'll just have to wait and see  Tongue

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 02:23:44 AM »

You'll just have to wait and see  Tongue

Now I know how Luke felt when Yoda told him the same thing...
  Tongue   Grin   Cheesy

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2017, 02:53:40 AM »

Beautiful work man, love the theme idea.

Alderaan... just a saber chopped up into little pieces? lol

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2017, 07:52:28 AM »

Pretty spectacular . . . I'm primarily one of those "shiny new saber" guys but this looks great!

Wouldn't have been anywhere as cool looking without your advise on the texturing Smiley Thanks again!

That looks fantastic. The weathering and damage is sweet,but what really gets me is that frayed/melted wire. I really like the crystal too. Great work.

Believe it or not, that was a last minute addition before the final clear coat. The wires looked too similar, so I hacked the longer one up and sanded it a bit to give it a more worn appearance. I'm glad you noticed it Smiley

Now I know how Luke felt when Yoda told him the same thing...
  Tongue   Grin   Cheesy

Always looking to the future are you. Never your mind on where you are. What you are doing!

Tongue Tongue  Wink

Beautiful work man, love the theme idea.

Alderaan... just a saber chopped up into little pieces? lol

Plenty left over from this one  Wink Cheesy

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2017, 08:52:29 AM »

Always looking to the future are you. Never your mind on where you are. What you are doing!

Tongue Tongue  Wink

😅😂😆   👌

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2017, 09:36:10 AM »

Oh I should probably also mention for those who don't know. Among the visual mods on this, the saber has been rewired and modified to run on a USB power pack. You simply unscrew the pommel and plug it in to charge. Saves having a hole in the side (shut up wise guys... I see the holes Tongue ) to plug a cable in to.

The led was originally SRD, but has been swapped out for AS, then painted with clear red paint until I got the blood red I wanted. The crystal was clear and also painted.

The switch was put into my box of bits, and I used a small sliding switch instead which I built a top plate for, hiding the switch entirely. I elongated the switch recess so the plate could slide up and down and there is a video of this switch operation in the build thread.

The blade retention screw was moved to hold the led module in place, and a small black retention screw is now used for the blade plug. The covertech wheel was moved out of the place that I hated so much, notched to fit, and installed in the top blade retention spot, then I cut the fastening screw off flush inside the neck. And yes, it still slides on and off the clip Smiley

Oh and the blade plug is custom too, not bought anywhere online. I cobbled that together as well Smiley

Definitely worth a read of the build thread if you haven't already!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: