Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Manticore Emerald Review  (Read 3169 times)
Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« on: January 22, 2017, 08:01:22 PM »

Hey everyone I want give out my review of my new Manticore Emerald with Obsidian V4 sound. My Manticore Emerald that I ordered and received has Arctic Blue Pulse to Sun Rider's Destiny FoC Silver, with a 36'' heavy grade blade.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJiplmdMik&amp;t=4s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJiplmdMik&amp;t=4s</a>

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2
Phantasm LE v2 Guardian Blue
Sentinel LE v5 Guardian Blue

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 09:33:50 PM »

Hey everyone I want give out my review of my new Manticore Emerald with Obsidian V4 sound. My Manticore Emerald that I ordered and received has Arctic Blue Pulse to Sun Rider's Destiny FoC Silver, with a 36'' heavy grade blade.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJiplmdMik&t=4s

Your Manticore has some really nice features added Jedihunter214. Well done and a great saber all round.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »

Oh, man, I love those blade colors with the Manticore. Your review in epic fashion really demonstrates why the Manticore is such a favorite among Ultra Sabers customers. I have the Manticore CE in SRD myself. Love its style. Happy for you getting the Emerald version, too! Enjoy! ... -1 ds point to you

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 10:11:23 PM »

Thank you both, I have already have different setups for each holiday and special events

OWNED:
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:

Darth Sneaky
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 02:01:55 PM »

I notice that most of the Mantacore owners have selected the "low-profile" pommel. I wondered if this was a conscious choice. I am in the process of ordering my first lightsaber and have selected the Mantacore. I'm just trying to nail down the particulars. I like the look of the "high-profile" pommel, but want to make sure it does not interfere with 2-handed use or uncomfortable in any way. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

Teagan Rea
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 30

Rise With Me Kin Ryuu

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »

I notice that most of the Mantacore owners have selected the "low-profile" pommel. I wondered if this was a conscious choice. I am in the process of ordering my first lightsaber and have selected the Mantacore. I'm just trying to nail down the particulars. I like the look of the "high-profile" pommel, but want to make sure it does not interfere with 2-handed use or uncomfortable in any way. Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

It is mainly a personal choice

{Light Side Points Please}

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 03:12:15 PM »

For me I like how the saber looked with the low profile pummel. But in the main reason it is easier for me to duel and spin

OWNED:
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 07:35:13 PM »

For me, the high profile pommel enhances 2-handed use, so I consciously chose that one myself and prefer it for the beveled edge, but, why choose, get both?  Grin  I did that when I gave my son his, and he's swapping pommels all the time. He loves the versatility.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 10:53:03 PM »

I personally didn't like the way the high profile pommel looked. So I got a low profile on my Manticore. But, at this point, I have read some things and seen a few pics from different angles. I think, whatever my next order from US is, I will include a high profile pommel so I can get a look at it first hand.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

jorussic
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 17

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2017, 02:17:39 AM »

Just curious.  I want to order an saber with Arctic Blue main and Sunrider's Destiny FoC?  In your opinion, better than Silver FoC?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2017, 02:54:21 AM »

I picked the high profile pommel on the Manticore because it looked more balanced with the look of the Emitter. As far as two hands it's a large enough hilt that there are no problems. I have a much bigger problem with the covertec wheel getting in the way.  Looking back LB is right I'd get both, but my first pick is the high profile one.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Darth_Raki
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -5

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 03:44:34 AM »

Sweet manticore.  Artic and SRD really go well with the black.
Next on my list for sure.
Congrats!

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 07:54:37 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epJiplmdMik&t=4s

Great video  Smiley  That is a very aggressive-looking saber; I really like the juxtaposition between the black hilt and the silver emitter&pommel.  I think that your color decisions were perfect Wink  Looking forward to your next review^^

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

JdiKnhtJMH
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 262

Jedi Weapons Master

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 08:14:57 PM »

The Manticore looks amazing with a leather wrap, give it a try if you want a neat customization!

Arsenal with Obsidian Sound And Silver Flash on Clash:

Kylo Ren Flamberge, Dark War Glaive, Reaper w/ Dornian pommel, Bane, Menace, Vader Prophecy, Darth Sidious Initiate V4
Dorinian, Obi Wan ROTS Archon, Regal Mantis, Spectre, Anakin AOTC Prophecy
Consular, Dark Shock, Yoda Initiate, Luke ROTJ Archon, Kit Fisto Menace
RGB: Bellicose Staff, Raven, Manticore Staff, Emerald Catalyst
Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2017, 08:41:26 PM »

The Manticore looks amazing with a leather wrap, give it a try if you want a neat customization!
Great advice, JKJ  Smiley  What kind of leather did you use?

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: