Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: And the Episode VIII Title is . . .  (Read 7623 times)
JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2017, 02:44:12 PM »

I don't know how I feel about the replacing Jedi with something new theory. In my eyes that would kinda ruin Luke's desire to be a Jedi even at the cost of his life if need be in episode 6 as well as his attempt at rebuilding the Jedi order before Kylo/Ben smashed it.  I know our resident Darksiders have their own views on the light side and how it's flawed but it wasn't really the Jedis devotion to the light that ended them. Left on their own they had been going fine for centuries it wasn't until Anakin, who if they had followed the rules they put in place shouldn't have been trained,  betrayed them that they fell apart.

This is also Disney... While they might explore gray force themes in the shows and the books I'm not convince they'd go down that road for the main set of movies they'd want that light conquering dark.

I definitely agree that Rey won't become a Jedi in this movie she's still finding her place in all this. I think the title is more focused on Luke (I was wondering if he was gonna die before this but who knows). This is the first Jedi temple so While I do think he found something I don't think its some secret that will stop the need for Jedi. That wouldn't make sense to me since why did they continue to be Jedi after that? It would be something that helped build the order again or to fight the evil trying to snuff them out. He came to here to understand what it means to be a Jedi.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 01:30:09 AM »

I don't know how I feel about the replacing Jedi with something new theory. In my eyes that would kinda ruin Luke's desire to be a Jedi even at the cost of his life if need be in episode 6 as well as his attempt at rebuilding the Jedi order before Kylo/Ben smashed it.  I know our resident Darksiders have their own views on the light side and how it's flawed but it wasn't really the Jedis devotion to the light that ended them. Left on their own they had been going fine for centuries it wasn't until Anakin, who if they had followed the rules they put in place shouldn't have been trained,  betrayed them that they fell apart.

This is also Disney... While they might explore gray force themes in the shows and the books I'm not convince they'd go down that road for the main set of movies they'd want that light conquering dark.

I definitely agree that Rey won't become a Jedi in this movie she's still finding her place in all this. I think the title is more focused on Luke (I was wondering if he was gonna die before this but who knows). This is the first Jedi temple so While I do think he found something I don't think its some secret that will stop the need for Jedi. That wouldn't make sense to me since why did they continue to be Jedi after that? It would be something that helped build the order again or to fight the evil trying to snuff them out. He came to here to understand what it means to be a Jedi.

No one said their devotion to the Light was their downfall, it was their strict unwavering narrow minded rules that blinded them to what was going on around them.  Only Yoda sensed something was amiss.  Had they not been so blind they would have understood what was happening with Anakin...really when watching the Clone Wars you see it was Mace that really stuck to Anakin...no matter what.   In the OT Obi-Wan and Yoda were both beating Luke over the head with the idea that he had to Kill Vader...they saw no other way.  Yet Luke did. through his love for his Father and vice versa (an idea the Jedi believed lead to nothing light) The Chosen One was brought back to the Light and Destroyed the Sith.  And the Sith are destroyed, the filmmakers and lore have seemed to make it clear Ren and Snoke may revere the Sith but are not Sith...they are something New.  Why can we not see this mirrored with the Light.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 03:10:33 AM »

So my son has been talking about how Star Wars is in red not yellow . . . and that has happened a few times in Rebels episodes . . . does that have any meaning ? ? ?

What if . . . . Luke, the Last Jedi, turns to the Dark Side  Shocked

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 03:17:52 AM »

So my son has been talking about how Star Wars is in red not yellow . . . and that has happened a few times in Rebels episodes . . . does that have any meaning ? ? ?

I don't know that it has any meaning right now, but in TCW, when the letters were red, that meant that the episode was about Darth Maul, and Savage Oppress. Just like when it was blue it meant it was about Droids.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

JediJacob
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 49

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2017, 01:23:58 PM »

No one said their devotion to the Light was their downfall, it was their strict unwavering narrow minded rules that blinded them to what was going on around them.  Only Yoda sensed something was amiss.  Had they not been so blind they would have understood what was happening with Anakin...really when watching the Clone Wars you see it was Mace that really stuck to Anakin...no matter what.   In the OT Obi-Wan and Yoda were both beating Luke over the head with the idea that he had to Kill Vader...they saw no other way.  Yet Luke did. through his love for his Father and vice versa (an idea the Jedi believed to lead to nothing light) The Chosen One was brought back to the Light and Destroyed the Sith.  And the Sith are destroyed, the filmmakers and lore have seemed to make it clear Ren and Snoke may revere the Sith but are not Sith...they are something New.  Why can we not see this mirrored with the Light.

Except forgiveness IS a Jedi thing Yoda and Obi just weren't following it. We see it constantly throughout the different star wars works that redemption and forgiveness are something a Jedi need to be capable of. That was a double meaning I always took in the title because Luke displayed being a Jedi so much more then even they did in that last movie. Yeah, his love for his father isn't a Jedi thing but the rest of what he does is.

As for your last line...Like I said I see the Jedi evolving  from what we know to be sure (though with how Jedi is the focal point of star wars I don't see them changing the name like taking wizards out of harry potter.) but the concept of Gray force users that people were mentioning here... that implies them no longer on the light side and using both which I don't think they'll do. Again he came to the first Jedi temple not a sith or rogue Jedi place. This has to be something to serve the Jedi, something they've forgotten.

I don't know that it has any meaning right now, but in TCW, when the letters were red, that meant that the episode was about Darth Maul, and Savage Oppress. Just like when it was blue it meant it was about Droids.

So...more focus on Ren and Snoke then? them coming after luke? there were suppose to be set pictures hinting at that.

The Force is with me and I am one with the Force

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 09:31:15 PM »

So...more focus on Ren and Snoke then? them coming after luke? there were suppose to be set pictures hinting at that.

Maybe, but we will see when the trailer is released I guess.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 12:32:50 AM »

I love STAR WARS in red.  That's a schmancy twist. Looking forward to seeing what it all means.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »

I just notice, the Star Wars words in my avatar pic are red as well.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 06:54:36 PM »

I don't think he dies.

2 possibilities:

- 'Jedi' is also plural - it could be Master & new Padawan

- Or, in his time communing with the Force, he decided a new path is required for the constant Jedi vs Dark Side cycle to end. No more "Jedi" but something new.

Some of the past titles have double meanings though so who knows?

For some reason though, I feel certain he doesn't die in this one.
Hadn't considered the plural of Jedi. Good call. But I'm 99% certain he dies. The other 1% hopes they have the balls to kill off a girl, leaving Luke as the last Jedi....again.

The filmmakers remarked that this film will heavily feature luke..so perhaps its more referencing his focal point in the film.   But, I am leaning towards Luke being the last Jedi and Rey being the start of something new.
Qui Gon was a pivotal character in TPM, and he still died.

I am of the opinion that Luke found out a bunch of old Jedi lore and other Force lore from other source (places like the Temple of the Whils, or the Church of the Force) and come to the conclusion that he needs to train someone to be something more than a Jedi.  A Jedi is a light side force user at its core, but that is not the only path for the Force.  And no I don't mean the Dark Side, that is also but a single path.   The Force is vast and Luke may have found out about a lot more than what the Jedi of the Clone Wars era would know about, save for maybe Yoda.   He's willing to learn about the other ways after the fall of not only the Jedi Order his father was a part of, but also his own Jedi Order he had his nephew involve in.

In Star Wars: Rebels we have met a creature known as the Bendu, who is in the middle.   Between the light and the dark.   We've also been exposed to other ways of the Force in the last several years...not just the teaching of the Jedi and Sith.   So I think Luke will be the Last Jedi.   Rey will be the first of something greater.
Compelling argument. Perhaps he's going to train Rey in the way of the Je'dai. The path to true balance. According to Kham's articles from Wookieepedia, back in the day, even Sith (species) were part of the Je'dai.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »

While re-watching TFA, I remarked that the opening crawl refers to Luke directly as being "The last Jedi".

Just an observation.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 01:57:46 AM »

Looks like Rey will sport her hair down in The Last Jedi....I Like it actually....

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 01:21:47 PM »

- 'Jedi' is also plural

Confirmed!

The German title is 'Die letzten Jedi' which is explicitly plural:
http://www.gamestar.de/news/kino/3309894/star_wars_8.html

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2017, 02:37:56 PM »

Confirmed!

Yes ... the French one is "Les derniers Jedi"

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 02:46:30 PM »

Confirmed!

Good catch

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: