Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Crimson Menace - pic heavy  (Read 3189 times)
hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« on: January 24, 2017, 06:16:51 AM »

Recently on the forums there hasn't been very many pics showing off the anodized variants offered by US, like the Azure, Crimson also including Nickel finish. 

They've always intrigued me but in the past I've been timid about purchasing one not knowing if for sure I'd like it in person. 

Now that I have one #uswinterraffle! and I like it you are about to see me go overboard with pictures.

My kids were sleeping when I took these pics and therefor you made me set my Obs V3 soundboard to mute . . . that's right, it's all your fault.

The blade color is SRD - and I think you may agree it's a very unique set up for this particular hilt.

SRD isn't a blade color I prefer but in a reg MG blade with the Li-ion and buckpuck backing it up it's something I'm starting to appreciate more.

Alright then . . . enough of the chatter.

If you haven't heard yet Tongue I love the Menace lightsaber.  IMO it's the most finely crafted hilt US makes and is my second favourite.  No matter what color finish you go for you'll be getting the best.

Now for some with the blade on . . .  Cool

The Crimson and the tone of the SRD make for a special combination.  I never would've imagined this if it weren't for US putting this together for me.

Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 06:22:38 AM »

I really like that Crimson finish. And with that SRD, as you are very fond of saying it shmexy.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 06:30:58 AM »

Outstanding pics Haz, and congrats again on your lucky raffle win . . . +1  Smiley

It's really great to see all the parts with the same anodised colour tones . . . to me, that would be very important . . .

So . . . any plans to mix up some Menacing combinations of Silver, Black & Red ?  Wink  

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 05:41:12 PM »

Thanks for the pics Hazard, really appreciate the fully stripped one to see how the emitter is 3 parts. awesome prize there, congrats!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 08:50:05 PM »

That saber is just gorgeous.  There's no other way to look at it.  I really love the red finish.  That plus the SRD really makes for a unique combo.

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 09:32:42 PM »

That crimson finish looks amazing, it looked kind of orangey on US' website, so I wasn't too sure if I'd like it, but I can tell by your pics that I love it. Pfff... MUST. NOT. BUY. MORE. MENACES. I'm already waiting for my double Menace SE staff... Darn, I need a crimson one now...

Points for you!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 09:38:05 PM »

That crimson finish looks amazing, it looked kind of orangey on US' website, so I wasn't too sure if I'd like it, but I can tell by your pics that I love it. Pfff... MUST. NOT. BUY. MORE. MENACES. I'm already waiting for my double Menace SE staff... Darn, I need a crimson one now...

Points for you!

Hehe, and I go the other way... I love the Orangeyness of the pics on the site, and so was kinda bummed when I saw they werent really that color... hard to get past that and actually like the true Crimson, even though I probably would, had I never seen those pictures. Wink

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 10:33:48 PM »

It all comes down to lighting.  It's possible the color looks different in different lighting conditions.  Many colors do.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 11:48:32 PM »

It all comes down to lighting.  It's possible the color looks different in different lighting conditions.  Many colors do.

I think you're right SFD ... in some of my pics, parts of the hilt look lighter/kinda pink.

In person it's a nice even crimson throught the whole thing - so it's likely the light reflection that shows different.

Btw . . . thanks for looking in guys I had a lot of fun with this shoot.

@ Jed - I do plan on interchanging Menace parts but for now very excited with this one as is. Where usually I'm anxious to mix things up right away.

So far the Crimson pommel looks quite dashing on the Lost Gray playing off of the gold accents.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 01:12:39 AM »

agreed . . .

and there is just something sooooo Shmexy about the deep anodised red hilt colour in this pic (to me) ;

I can only imagine how AWESOME a Dominix LE v4 in this red anodise colour tone with the machined silver accents would look . . . O.M.G  Shocked Shocked Shocked

@ Jed - I do plan on interchanging Menace parts but for now very excited with this one as is. Where usually I'm anxious to mix things up right away.

So far the Crimson pommel looks quite dashing on the Lost Gray playing off of the gold accents.

Oohh . . . pics please Haz . . .  Smiley  (when you have time . . . no rush)

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:29:45 AM »

I agree, that the pics on the site make it look a bit orangeish. But the Crimson Menace looks AWESOME in person! My son has one and the color in person looks GREAT!!  Grin 

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 02:28:35 PM »

Oohh . . . pics please Haz . . .  Smiley  (when you have time . . . no rush)

I'll certainly put some up of that combo - prob in my review i think.

I agree, that the pics on the site make it look a bit orangeish. But the Crimson Menace looks AWESOME in person! My son has one and the color in person looks GREAT!!  Grin  

Thats pretty cool - what color/features does he have on it?

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 03:11:34 PM »

Outstanding haz. Grin

It is great to see more of the anodised hilts on here. Smiley

As has already been stated, the pics of all the crimson hilts on US's product page look a bit orangy or  oxide-ish (?)

It's great to see that they truly are a rich, deep red. Smiley

+1 for the share, and congrats on the score. Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 05:58:13 PM »

Much appreciated Rapine, thanks!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 03:34:14 AM »

Nice . . . these pics are making me think more & more one of these would be incredible with all Black hardware options & a Tri-Silver blade.

On the flipside, I think an Azure Menace would stun with all Silver hardware and the Silver blade . . .

Thanks for the great pics!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: