Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Sentinel LE V4 & Standard Issue Review - Winter Raffle!  (Read 7447 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: January 25, 2017, 04:50:48 AM »

I entered the Winter 2017 raffle on Jan. 16th by ordering a Dark Sentinel LE V4 with Tri Cree Consular Green with a green illuminated AV switch and Obsidian V4 Sound. I was given a little nudge by Lord Canterbury to consider this saber as a raffle entry, as it is highly regarded in the SaberForum community.  I am pleased to give a huge THANK YOU to Lord Canterbury for the recommendation and to report it has exceeded my expectations.

About my new Sentinel LE V4 saber

My favorite attributes, particularly the LE version, were first, that I am really digging the dual, or twin, if you will, choke points that have been carefully engineered by Ultra Sabers to be positioned both above and below the AV switch in such a way that as you grip the hilt, the hilt literally hugs you back. Or in other terms, it fits like a glove this hilt does.

Second, the silver inlays on both the main body of the hilt as well as the windowed emitter, really a sharp appearance. The LE versions of Ultra Sabers hilts are like the HD versions. They pop a little bit more. Really cool.  I have the Apprentice LE as a stunt saber, and the Sentinel feels like its the big brother to the Apprentice.  Both most excellently made and superb craftsmanship.

Third, the Covertec wheel is out of my way. in a two handed grip I still have plenty of clearance between my bottom hand and the Covertec Wheel.  This saber is the perfect length.

Fourth, green with black/silver = swagger. I love this combination.  I really love the dark side/light side combinations of the dark hilts with the light side colors or vice-versa.  Could be Gray Jedi thinking there, but I think it just works so well.

Fifth, the legendary Obsidian V4 sound! Nuff said - it rocks!

The Standard Issue was awarded to me as a 2nd prize in the Winter 2017 raffle. I was surprised and delighted because I love the slanted emitter hilts, like with the Bellicose and the Prophecy.  

About my new Standard Issue saber

My favorite attributes were first, the thickness of the hilt, making it feel truly like a weapon meant for the battlefield of the Jedi.

Second, it's a lighter hilt, similar to the Prophecy. My wife surprised me and said she wanted a saber  Shocked  I had asked her several times over the past few months, and she was never really interested, but happy for me and my new addiction, er um, hobby, that is... until... she tried it out and battled my son over Christmas with one of his Ultra Sabers. As it does for many that changes things a bit, which is why Ultra Sabers going to conventions is so brilliant. If you get your hands on one, that's it, you're hooked and you can't get one fast enough.  So the lighter weight of this saber immediately appealed to my wife, and I gave her this one.

Third, the Covertec Wheel is positioned near the emitter and doubles as a blade set screw, all-in-one.

Fourth, Ultra Sabers gave me a recharge port with this saber.   Wink   Very cool, Ultra Sabers! This will make it so much easier for my wife to enjoy her saber if all she has to do is plug it in to charge the batteries.  This was meant to be.  All is as the Force wills.

Fifth, Ultra Sabers upgraded it to Obsidian V4 sound.  Woo hoo!  Niiiice bonus!  Thank you!

Here is a 19 minute video review, if you care to listen to me yammer on about these two sabers:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQAGikAQ8dE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQAGikAQ8dE</a>

Here are some pictures, too:

Dark Sentinel LE V4:

Standard Issue:

I gave the Standard Issue raffle 2nd prize to my wife, her first light saber and she's quite taken with it  Cheesy

She discovers the silver flash on clash for the first time    Shocked

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:33:54 AM »

Good review my friend. You were killing me waiting so long to see the prize.  The recharge port was a nice upgrade. I learned a few things I would have never known about the Sentinel, so thank you for that.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -101

Following The Path of Grey

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 05:49:21 AM »

Those are very beautiful sabers and colors. Well Done and Congrats

OWNED:
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Silver
Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 Guardian Blue
Aeon LE v4 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Black x2
Aeon LE v3 Guardian Blue x2/w quick release coupler
Manticore w Emerald Sound & Light
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:
Dark Initiate v2 Blazing Red
The Dominix v2 Blazing Red
Aeon LE v3 Sentinel Yellow/w Yari Pike Extensions Silver x2
Brood Guard Blazing Red x2
Phantasm LE v2 Guardian Blue
Sentinel LE v5 Guardian Blue

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 05:51:07 AM »

Welcome to the Sentinel club, bro.  Lord Canterbury is full of great ideas, you were wise to listen to him.  I agree on the chokes, your hand just goes there all on its own because it's natural.  Love the choices, Dark LE with green for the win.  That Standard Issue is awesome too.  What a great prize.  The joy on your wife's face says it all, I think.

Anyway, great review and great video.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 05:52:25 AM »

Good review my friend. You were killing me waiting so long to see the prize.  The recharge port was a nice upgrade. I learned a few things I would have never known about the Sentinel, so thank you for that.

Those are very beautiful sabers and colors. Well Done and Congrats

Welcome to the Sentinel club, bro.  Lord Canterbury is full of great ideas, you were wise to listen to him.  I agree on the chokes, your hand just goes there all on its own because it's natural.  Love the choices, Dark LE with green for the win.  That Standard Issue is awesome too.  What a great prize.  The joy on your wife's face says it all, I think.

Anyway, great review and great video.

Thanks, buddies!  Appreciate the feedback so much.  Wink   Grin

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 05:56:09 AM »

I haven't gotten to watch the review yet, but I will sometime. However, I agree with you, the Dark hilts with the Light colors, just go amazingly together. I have often thought that the Sentinels are like big brothers to the Apprentices as well. I haven't gotten a Stander Issue yet, but after I get my Dark Initiate, the DSI is next on the list. Very cool pics, glad you like the sabers.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 06:05:31 AM »

Your Dark Sentinel LE V4 with the Green Illuminated Black AV Switch with the Silver Bezel, Silver Covertec Wheel and the Archon Pommel work perfectly together.

I bought the Standard Issue Saber previously which is a great design that is very easy to wield and captures the classic Lightsaber look.

Two very nice sabers to be proud of and great video.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 06:15:58 AM »

Lord Bladewraith, can i ask you some about the covertec wheel. is it better near the Emitter because i have several with them near the pummel. After looking at your saber it looks it would be better there because of belt clip.

OWNED:
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 06:50:33 AM »

Lord Bladewraith, can i ask you some about the covertec wheel. is it better near the Emitter because i have several with them near the pummel. After looking at your saber it looks it would be better there because of belt clip.
It's the first and only saber I've ever had with the Covertec wheel near the emitter like that, and as that was the raffle 2nd prize for a random hilt, I didn't get to choose the location of the Covertec wheel. That being said I think I still prefer it near the pommel. I don't like the idea of the emitter pointing upward while it's clipped on my belt. On the Standard Issue it doubles as the blade set screw, too, so it has to be on the emitter end.

Jedihunter214
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 07:00:31 AM »

thank you

OWNED:
Renegade LE Blazing Red

ON THE WAY:

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 01:42:46 PM »

Awesomeness LB.Smiley

I have to say that Lord C is like the heartbeat of this forum.  He's such a smart guy, and always has the forum's best interest in mind.  He contributes so much to this place.   Ok - fangirling over...lol

As I mentioned on another thread, that Sentinel looks fantastic!  Wicked-awesome choice in blade colour. Smiley

I'm really happy to hear that your wife is also getting into the addiction hobby. Wink

(Dude, as much as we all love seeing and hearing about sabers, perhaps try to keep your vids to under 5mins...lol  Not everyone can dedicate 20mins to one thing. Tongue  I aim for the three min mark myself - after that, you lose people. Wink)

+1 for awesome, and congrats again. Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 02:47:32 PM »

VERY COOL!

First off, congratulations on a nice win there, Lord Bladewraith! Secondly, nice combo and styling on that Dark Sentinel. I like the little tweaks you've given your sabers to make them a bit more "yours" Smiley

Thanks for sharing the video. It was a really cool one for me to watch because those two are very high on my list (well not the Dark Sentinel, but the normal LE to match my Apprentice LE), in fact the Standard Issue is one I'm trying to work into my next order, because it's the next hilt that I want to customize. Would you be able to clarify for me please, is the hilt the same width from top to bottom, or does it get wider towards the bottom? It's so hard to tell from photos.

Grin

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 03:27:51 PM »

Awesomeness LB.Smiley

I have to say that Lord C is like the heartbeat of this forum.  He's such a smart guy, and always has the forum's best interest in mind.  He contributes so much to this place.   Ok - fangirling over...lol

As I mentioned on another thread, that Sentinel looks fantastic!  Wicked-awesome choice in blade colour. Smiley

I'm really happy to hear that your wife is also getting into the addiction hobby. Wink

(Dude, as much as we all love seeing and hearing about sabers, perhaps try to keep your vids to under 5mins...lol  Not everyone can dedicate 20mins to one thing. Tongue  I aim for the three min mark myself - after that, you lose people. Wink)

+1 for awesome, and congrats again. Grin

Thank you and good advice. Yeah I tend to yammer on, don't I   😂   Long videos seem to be my specialty. I agree, though. I'll try to make future videos more efficient. 👌

Point backatcha, Rapine 👈

VERY COOL!

First off, congratulations on a nice win there, Lord Bladewraith! Secondly, nice combo and styling on that Dark Sentinel. I like the little tweaks you've given your sabers to make them a bit more "yours" Smiley

Thanks for sharing the video. It was a really cool one for me to watch because those two are very high on my list (well not the Dark Sentinel, but the normal LE to match my Apprentice LE), in fact the Standard Issue is one I'm trying to work into my next order, because it's the next hilt that I want to customize. Would you be able to clarify for me please, is the hilt the same width from top to bottom, or does it get wider towards the bottom? It's so hard to tell from photos.

Grin

Thank you for the kind feedback, Isola. Yeah the Standard Issue is the same width for the entire length of the hilt.

Here's a better view of the Standard Issue for that aspect:

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 03:33:22 PM »

Yeah, but watching it didn't seem like 20 minutes.  Smiley

Though, could people who do these things please push that activator button a bit sooner?  I get tired of sitting there thinking, "Hit the button... hit the button... hit the friggin' button!"  If I ever do one of these videos, I swear that's the first thing I'm going to do.  Then I'll turn it back off and yammer about it.  Wink

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2017, 03:38:21 PM »

Yeah, but watching it didn't seem like 20 minutes.  Smiley

Though, could people who do these things please push that activator button a bit sooner?  I get tired of sitting there thinking, "Hit the button... hit the button... hit the friggin' button!"  If I ever do one of these videos, I swear that's the first thing I'm going to do.  Then I'll turn it back off and yammer about it.  Wink

That's a really great point. I agree. Give everyone what they really wanna see and hear most FIRST 🤗.  You are most wise, SFD. 🙏

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: