Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Sentinel LE V4 & Standard Issue Review - Winter Raffle!  (Read 7492 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2017, 03:39:27 PM »

Yeah, but watching it didn't seem like 20 minutes.  Smiley

Though, could people who do these things please push that activator button a bit sooner?  I get tired of sitting there thinking, "Hit the button... hit the button... hit the friggin' button!"  If I ever do one of these videos, I swear that's the first thing I'm going to do.  Then I'll turn it back off and yammer about it.  Wink

Just for that, when I do my next video review I'm not going to press it at all  Tongue

I have no problem with long review videos. I'm guilty of it myself  Embarrassed Shocked

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2017, 03:48:35 PM »

I haven't gotten to watch the review yet, but I will sometime. However, I agree with you, the Dark hilts with the Light colors, just go amazingly together. I have often thought that the Sentinels are like big brothers to the Apprentices as well. I haven't gotten a Stander Issue yet, but after I get my Dark Initiate, the DSI is next on the list. Very cool pics, glad you like the sabers.

Your Dark Sentinel LE V4 with the Green Illuminated Black AV Switch with the Silver Bezel, Silver Covertec Wheel and the Archon Pommel work perfectly together.

I bought the Standard Issue Saber previously which is a great design that is very easy to wield and captures the classic Lightsaber look.

Two very nice sabers to be proud of and great video.

Thank you for checking out my review and for the great feedback, guys.  Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2017, 11:43:13 PM »

Nice. Yeah I love both those sabers for both reasons. Though I feel the Sentinel has a classic lightsaber look as well even with other different pommels

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 12:00:25 AM »

Thank you for the kind feedback, Isola. Yeah the Standard Issue is the same width for the entire length of the hilt.

Here's a better view of the Standard Issue for that aspect:

That's great, thanks for that. Point for being helpful as always  Grin Pictures taken along it's length always make it seem like it flares out, I'm glad it's the same the whole way. Will make my modification work much easier!  Cool

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 12:04:09 AM »

I saw your posts in the Winners Raffle Announcement and in the Raffles Gallery but I will say a big congrats to you here on your own thread Cheesy

Your videos are clear and sharp and that Dark Sentinel looks oh so attractive with the silver highlights. And a green blade is my favourite too.

Congrats on a well loaded SI and it's fun to see your wife taking up a bit of an interest in the hobby.

Points for the review!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »

That's great, thanks for that. Point for being helpful as always  Grin Pictures taken along it's length always make it seem like it flares out, I'm glad it's the same the whole way. Will make my modification work much easier!  Cool

I think I need to move my saber picture taking to a different location in my house with better light and more room to get better aspect and angles on my pictures. So, yeah, helping you helped me, too!  Point backatcha!   Cool

I saw your posts in the Winners Raffle Announcement and in the Raffles Gallery but I will say a big congrats to you here on your own thread Cheesy

Your videos are clear and sharp and that Dark Sentinel looks oh so attractive with the silver highlights. And a green blade is my favourite too.

Congrats on a well loaded SI and it's fun to see your wife taking up a bit of an interest in the hobby.

Points for the review!

Thanks, haz. I added a video review here that I didn't have in the other posts, as I didn't think it'd be appropriate over there.  I'm blown away by the Sentinel and really thankful to Lord Canterbury for urging me to get one.  It's beyond what I expected it to be.  The Tri Cree Consular Green pops even more with this hilt and the Ultra Edge blade.

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2017, 12:43:10 AM »

Question - if you could pick one - Dark Prophecy V3 or Dark Sentinel LE V4?

And you CAN'T let the newness of the Sentinel sway your decision lol. 

I'm curious cause the wheels in my head are turning Smiley

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2017, 12:45:45 AM »

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......  Shocked Shocked

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2017, 01:07:51 AM »

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!  Tongue

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2017, 01:17:39 AM »

And you CAN'T let the newness of the Sentinel sway your decision lol.  

I'm curious cause the wheels in my head are turning Smiley

Speaking objectively... GOSH! I love the slanted emitter, the grips on the body of the hilt and the side holes on the Prophecy, but for overall comfort for my larger hands, placement of the covertec wheel low enough on the hilt to stay out of my way (even though I replaced it with a button screw on the Prophecy so not as much of an issue really), the silver accents and windowed emitter on my LE version of the Sentinel, the Sentinel wins for me. I hope Master Nero Attoru doesn't hate me now...   Roll Eyes

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2017, 01:32:39 AM »

Of course it's Dark Sentinel LE > Prophecy!   

Like it's even a question.  Roll Eyes

[Ignore the fact I don't own and have never held a Prophecy.]

Glad to hear you love it!

I don't know what it is, but whenever I look at the SI & Dark SI on the store I always go "Eh".

But then someone posts pictures here and I go "Ohhhh!". 

I don't know why that is - but I like the pics of the one you received and that's fantastic it came with both an AV switch and a charge port!

Enjoy!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2017, 01:35:00 AM »

[Ignore the fact I don't own and have never held a Prophecy.]
Your argument is invalid.
Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

hazard502
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 01:40:19 AM »

Speaking objectively... GOSH! I love the slanted emitter, the grips on the body of the hilt and the side holes on the Prophecy, but for overall comfort for my larger hands, placement of the covertec wheel low enough on the hilt to stay out of my way (even though I replaced it with a button screw on the Prophecy so not as much of an issue really), the silver accents and windowed emitter on my LE version of the Sentinel, the Sentinel wins for me. I hope Master Nero Attoru doesn't hate me now...   Roll Eyes

Great points Lord Bladewraith and thanks for the reply I appreciate your input.  

You should be ok as long as Nero never finds out lol Grin  

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2017, 02:10:54 AM »

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »

I always find out...

And Bladewraith - I find your lack of faith disturbing...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: