Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Unbreakable 2 is finally happening  (Read 1748 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: January 25, 2017, 04:55:01 PM »

We all know that M Night Shyamalan has made some really awful movies, but his first three major movies (The Sizth Sense, Unbreakable, Signs) were all fantastic. Arguably, Unbreakable is considered his best movie and now, after 10 years, we will be getting a sequel.

WARNING: Contains a minor spoiler for Split
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqeoQb7rAU&amp;t=49s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DqeoQb7rAU&amp;t=49s</a>

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »

Excellent, Knox! This is really great "news" for the day!  Point to you!

I LOVE it! Hope we don't have to wait long.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 10:18:22 PM »

That "News, news, news" crap had me almost turning that video off in the first ten seconds.  Roll Eyes

Fortunately, after that it was OK.  I'm interested in this.  Unbreakable one of the two M. Night movies I actually like.  (Signs is the other)  I don't care for most of his stuff, to the point of either not watching it or not watching it fully.  I did, unfortunately, sit through all of The Village.  Cry  I watched all of The Last Airbender too. Roll Eyes  Anyway, Unbreakable is good, at least until the end.  It kind of fell apart in the end, but I like it overall.  So, I look forward to seeing a sequel.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is his first sequel.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:27:46 PM »

That "News, news, news" crap had me almost turning that video off in the first ten seconds.  Roll Eyes
Quirky British sense of humour definitely isn't for everyone.

Fortunately, after that it was OK.  I'm interested in this.  Unbreakable one of the two M. Night movies I actually like.  (Signs is the other)  I don't care for most of his stuff, to the point of either not watching it or not watching it fully.  I did, unfortunately, sit through all of The Village.  Cry  I watched all of The Last Airbender too. Roll Eyes  Anyway, Unbreakable is good, at least until the end.  It kind of fell apart in the end, but I like it overall.  So, I look forward to seeing a sequel.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is his first sequel.
This will be his first sequel. Personally I think Unbreakable is his best movie, followed by The Sixth Sense and then Signs (apart from the last 5 minutes). I actually didn't mind The Village. It was badly marketed though; it was made out to be some sort of monster in the woods movie but it couldn't be more different.

Fortunately I never got round to watching The Last Airbender, After Earth or The Lady in the Water. Last (bad) movie of his I saw was The Happening, but that is in "so crap it's funny" territory. I disagree that Unbreakable falls apart at the end, but that's fine. Differences of opinion are what make movie watching interesting.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 10:33:54 PM »

This is exciting.

(Don't hate me, but I think that there were some decent ideas in After Earth, but it was just so damn boring to watch.)

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 10:37:22 PM »

That's OK, because I know there's plenty of stuff I think is funny that others don't.  Wink

I never cared for The Sixth Sense.  It just didn't do much for me.  But then, I'm not really into ghost stories, so maybe that's it.  I like Signs a lot.  Saw that a couple times in the theater, the second time being because one of my friends hadn't seen it and didn't want to go alone.  However, Unbreakable is definitely his best for me.  With a lot of his films, I never make it past the trailer.  I could never talk myself into watching After Earth.  Maybe someday I will.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 10:40:20 PM »

(Don't hate me, but I think that there were some decent ideas in After Earth, but it was just so damn boring to watch.)
Too late. I can feel the hate flowing through me. It is helping me focus! lol

Seriously though, I heard so many disturbing things about about this movie BTS during filming, that when combined with the trailer I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. I may watch it one day so I can have a laugh

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 10:52:46 PM »

Seriously though, I heard so many disturbing things about about this movie BTS during filming, that when combined with the trailer I just couldn't bring myself to watch it. I may watch it one day so I can have a laugh

Also, let's not forget the main reason to watch it:  to confirm that Jaden Smith is nowhere near the caliber of actor that Will is. Roll Eyes

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 10:54:38 PM »

Also, let's not forget the main reason to watch it:  to confirm that Jaden Smith is nowhere near the caliber of actor that Will is. Roll Eyes
Jaden has only been watchable in two movies: The Pursuit of Happyness and The Karate Kid (even though he was taught kung-fu not karate)

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2017, 01:47:39 AM »

Awesome.....Speaking of Signs

nsfw language

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUsR1G4n-Xs" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUsR1G4n-Xs</a>

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2017, 01:49:18 AM »

And here was me thinking I was the only person on thee forum who watched the Nostalgia Critic

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 01:51:28 AM »

And here was me thinking I was the only person on thee forum who watched the Nostalgia Critic

LOL  nope  been watching since his feud with The Nerd.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2017, 05:45:10 PM »

Hmm, this guy in the video hasn't seen Unbreakable either, so do I have room to comment Knox, or am I banished?

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2017, 05:46:41 PM »

Hmm, this guy in the video hasn't seen Unbreakable either, so do I have room to comment Knox, or am I banished?
Hmm. I'll allow it just this once

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: