Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose - Ignition button not 100% responsive  (Read 2241 times)
Kai_Shinkage
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« on: January 26, 2017, 12:01:48 AM »

Hi all,

Anyone had/fixed an issue where your ignition button has become less responsive?
Example: holding the buttton to turn it off sometimes activates the blade lock up. Its like the pressure is losing its sensitivity.
When cycling through the sound fonts and i pick the one i want , i have to hold the button to select it but sometimes it just skips to the next font. It like its not registering my inputs.
i have to apply some serious pressure at times to turn it on/off.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks

MaskofMany
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -151

All your sabers are belong to us...

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 02:01:41 AM »

Hey there Kai - sorry you haven't gotten a response on this, I figured you would have gotten one by now from someone who knows what to do.

If I were you, I'd try looking on google or youtube, just a simple lookup of "lightsaber switch not responsive" or "lightsaber switch loose" and see what that drudges up, because I'm willing to bet you aren't the first person out there to have such a problem - there has to be some info out there you can use.

Dark Side Points Please Smiley

Corwyn VonBeck
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -340

Grey Knight

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:16:50 AM »

Kinda sounds like the switch may just be wearing out to me. Dont have any experience with that with this type of switch though. Have you had it a long time?

Hey MoM, thanks for trying to help out! have a point

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »

Hey, Kai! I have the exact same "problem" with my Archon V3.1. Compared to my Chosen one, War Glaive and Graflex, I have to exert much more pressure on the archon for it to switch on, lock-up, and switch off. It's nothing to do with how long you've had it or how well you looked after it, mine came new like this. I researched into this, and it might be the actual connection from the switch to the cable that leads to sound board, meaning that there is a good enough of a connection to be made if you really press down hard on the button to give an "order" to the soundboard, but not enough of a connection for there to be an easy contact. Honestly, if it meant that the saber just does not want to respond at all at times, I would be concerned, but as of now, I've never had a problem, I just need to make sure to really press down on the button. I actually favour this, since it means that it'll be more unlikely for you to accidentally press the button while dueling, especially on saber with such exposed activation buttons like the bellicose or the archon.

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »

Faulty or flat batteries will cause this symptom.

I had an issue with my consular where the button kept not responding, and then other times would work fine. When this happened a few times, even after charging the batteries, I initially thought it might be a faulty wire but first i tried the batteries from one of my other sabers (coz this was back in the day when i had four sabers and not as many batteries Tongue ) it worked just fine then. After some diagnosing I discovered one of the batteries was faulty from new and created issues in other sabers when I tested, then died altogether. A rare thing- haven't had it happen with any of the other 40-50 batteries I've had from US.

If your batteries are getting too flat they can also do this, especially if they are older batteries or have been abused or neglected and don't get full runtime on them anymore.

As others have said a worn switch could be an issue as well, or a wiring fault where there is a faulty connection that is intermittent.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 12:16:00 PM »

Faulty or flat batteries will cause this symptom.

I had an issue with my consular where the button kept not responding, and then other times would work fine. When this happened a few times, even after charging the batteries, I initially thought it might be a faulty wire but first i tried the batteries from one of my other sabers (coz this was back in the day when i had four sabers and not as many batteries Tongue ) it worked just fine then. After some diagnosing I discovered one of the batteries was faulty from new and created issues in other sabers when I tested, then died altogether. A rare thing- haven't had it happen with any of the other 40-50 batteries I've had from US.

If your batteries are getting too flat they can also do this, especially if they are older batteries or have been abused or neglected and don't get full runtime on them anymore.

As others have said a worn switch could be an issue as well, or a wiring fault where there is a faulty connection that is intermittent.

Interesting that you mention this B1ondeange1, I can say that my issue had nothing to do with batteries, unfortunately =( that would've been an easy solution XD. See, what I tend to do is, whenever I need to charge up the batteries of my 4 sabers with sound, I tend to just take the batteries of of one, charge them, and then once those are charged, exchange them with the next saber, and charge the ones that saber had. Same again, charge them, and change them with the batteries of the next saber, until I end up putting the last batteries into the first saber that I picked, so they continuously change what batteries they house, and I did not notice any thing better with the archon =( Worth a try though!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 05:04:34 PM »

I had this problem with my Manticore. I ended up getting the switch replaced. Sometimes the switches just go bad or the wiring comes loose.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Kai_Shinkage
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:11:53 AM »

Thank you everyone for the responses. I can confirm that it is NOT the batteries. ive just purchased 2 sets of brandnew li-ion xstar ones and i still get the same issue. I can live with the issue but it will forever bug me lol.  Is it easy enough to replace the switch?

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »

Thank you everyone for the responses. I can confirm that it is NOT the batteries. ive just purchased 2 sets of brandnew li-ion xstar ones and i still get the same issue. I can live with the issue but it will forever bug me lol.  Is it easy enough to replace the switch?

Mine was under warranty, so I took advantage of the free repair. Replacing the switch is fairly easy, if you have the right tools and know how.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 04:38:27 AM »

Well it always helps to eliminate the small possibilities first Smiley and spare batteries never hurt!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 12:22:29 PM »

VERY easy. Especially if you get yourself a switch that you can screw the wires onto instead of soldering (unless you're ok with soldering, in which case it's just as easy). If it's a non illuminated switch then it's only two wires and it doesn't even matter which terminal they go on to, just as long as one wire goes on each terminal and they aren't touching.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: