Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My very first Saber - Dark Apprentice LE 4  (Read 2924 times)
karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 42

German Jedi Academy

« on: January 26, 2017, 02:13:35 PM »

Today my first sabre from Ultra Sabers was handed to me. I expected it one day earlier, but unfortunately, FedEx had to deal with my customs duty in Germany, which rose the price of the sabre significantly... Now I wish there were a European distributor for those sabres, ... but that's another issue.

Since I got that sabre just a few hours ago, I can't make an in-depth review, but I gotta say I really like it. I chose the Dark Apprentice LE 4, guardian blue with an Ultraedge Midgrade blade.
First of all: the hilt is just fantastic. Nicely crafted, no sharp edges, no scratches, no glued parts. I love it! The color of the blade is great when seen in the dark and on camera, flash on clash works just fine.

Well, I also see some minor flaws. I expected the sabre to be a bit brighter so it glows nicer in daylight and fills the whole blade. That might be due to the blade, though, so I might order the other one which is supposed to be brighter. Secondly, I expected the sensor, which triggers the movement sound effect to be a little more sensitive. I have to swing that sabre really wide in order to get that sound effect. And for a final third: I chose the lite soundboard, so I cannot expect too many features from it. But i would be great if that also had a silent mode since I'd like to put that sabre on a wall and have it light the wall occasionally, but I guess the humming sound will prevent me from doing that.  ... just my two cents. Otherwise, I really love this product and I am sure it won't be the last that I will order.

Dark Apprentice LE v4 with hilt windows, guardian blue, obsidian lite sound
Apprentice LE v4  consular green, Obsidian Premium Sound
Archon v2.1, Diamond sabre / sound board - it is so awesome
Standard issue battle saber, no sound

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 04:37:57 PM »

Congrats on your new lightsaber - the Dark Apprentice LE version is on my wishlist.  It looks so comfortable and fun to wield, plus i really like the silver highlights. 

The motion sensitivity can be adjusted on the premium soundboards but not the Lite board unfortunately.  Low batteries will affect the boards ability to read motion as well i believe.

No blade will look very bright in the middle of the day in a well lit room, especially not outside.  Your lightsaber is bright enough no worries there, but no LED can compete with daylight - so thats normal.  

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 05:08:41 PM »

Congratulations on that first saber!  I love the hilt, in fact I need one of those.  Smiley

In regard to the brightness, blue isn't going to be a super bright color due to its place in the visible light spectrum.  It has to do with how your eye sees the light.  Blue is on the low end of light visibility.  As for the swing sensor, it must be an issue with the Lite board, because my V4 sound saber is really sensitive.  As hazard502 said, fresh batteries always help.  When batteries run low, they produce less power and the boards will start acting up.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 09:37:17 PM »

Very nice saber. This is also my first (and currently only) saber. I absolutely love it. Once in the dark, your saber will be crazy bright.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

German Jedi Academy

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »

Okay,so I tink my next one should be green then.

BTW. here is a youtube video of that sabre in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmBXItjivZw&feature=youtu.be

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 07:20:13 PM »

Nice Hilt ... welcome to the addiction!

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 07:39:11 PM »

Beautiful saber. I have the Sentinel LE V4 and love it! I really dig the LE versions of Ultra Sabers. Point to you!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 08:07:27 AM »

Today my first sabre from Ultra Sabers was handed to me. I expected it one day earlier, but unfortunately, FedEx had to deal with my customs duty in Germany, which rose the price of the sabre significantly... Now I wish there were a European distributor for those sabres, ... but that's another issue.

Since I got that sabre just a few hours ago, I can't make an in-depth review, but I gotta say I really like it. I chose the Dark Apprentice LE 4, guardian blue with an Ultraedge Midgrade blade.
First of all: the hilt is just fantastic. Nicely crafted, no sharp edges, no scratches, no glued parts. I love it! The color of the blade is great when seen in the dark and on camera, flash on clash works just fine.

Well, I also see some minor flaws. I expected the sabre to be a bit brighter so it glows nicer in daylight and fills the whole blade. That might be due to the blade, though, so I might order the other one which is supposed to be brighter. Secondly, I expected the sensor, which triggers the movement sound effect to be a little more sensitive. I have to swing that sabre really wide in order to get that sound effect. And for a final third: I chose the lite soundboard, so I cannot expect too many features from it. But i would be great if that also had a silent mode since I'd like to put that sabre on a wall and have it light the wall occasionally, but I guess the humming sound will prevent me from doing that.  ... just my two cents. Otherwise, I really love this product and I am sure it won't be the last that I will order.

The Dark Apprentice LE 4 is a very nice looking saber karaokefreak. Well done and point.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

German Jedi Academy

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2017, 01:19:04 PM »

Say.. how do you embed youtube videos in this forum?
I am still trying to embed my YouTube Review here

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2017, 01:33:27 PM »

Say.. how do you embed youtube videos in this forum?
I am still trying to embed my YouTube Review here

Use this code and take out the spaces

http ://www. youtube.com/ watch?v=e757AK5cYko

replace the code after v= with the one from YOUR video's URL

karaokefreak
Knight Lance Corporal

German Jedi Academy

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 01:56:07 PM »

Use this code and take out the spaces

http ://www. youtube.com/ watch?v=e757AK5cYko

replace the code after v= with the one from YOUR video's URL

Lets see- here is my video review

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmBXItjivZw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmBXItjivZw</a>

Ahh! it works!
Thanks  Isola815 ...  thats a point for you!

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 02:15:47 PM »

Glad to help Smiley

Thanks for sharing your video with us!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2017, 02:32:35 PM »

Great video!  I really enjoyed the extra review and hearing more of your thoughts on the Dark Apprentice - points! Cheesy

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2017, 06:29:46 PM »

Than you, I have never seen or heard much about the pointed tip. I'm with you after your review I'm going to stick with the standard tip.  Your black saber looks great in blue.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 07:29:45 PM »

Just noticed that no one has talked about your mention of a "silent" mode, and you may already know this, but if you get the Obsidian Premium V4 Soundboard with the required Li-Ion battery setup for around $85 US more, it has 8 sound fonts that you can cycle through by pressing the AV switch, and the 8th one is a silent mode. I highly recommend that option so you can have both a silent saber and a saber with sound when you want. It's so worth it.

Lets see- here is my video review
Great video review and sorry to hear you have to pay so much duty to get an Ultra Saber. I can tell you felt it was worth it, but doesn't take the sting away from having to pay so much extra bloat. I'm glad you were able to get one, and if you didn't already know, you get rewards points for every purchase at Ultra Sabers (another way Ultra Sabers is so generous, besides the sales, the raffles and customer service second to none), so maybe you can use the rewards points you earned from this order to help offset the extra cost of duty on your next order.  Just a thought, although again, I wish there was a way for to get your saber like teleportation from Ultra Sabers directly to you and bypass duty so you could use your rewards points for something way better, like an extra pommel.   Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: