Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shortening the blade?  (Read 1585 times)
darth_nogg
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -3

« on: January 14, 2011, 10:51:05 PM »

So I regret not asking about this before I ordered my grab bag saber, but a 34 inch blade so far has shown to be perfect, at least for me. I shortened my blade to that length, but the film inside will fall out now if I'm not careful when I detach the blade. A 34 incher is so much more comfortable for things like quick inverted figure 8's. For future reference, if I were to put in the order comments that I would like the blade shortened, would that be possible? I'm not sure what you guys did to get the film to stick in there.

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you.

thejedimasternick
Ultra Sabers Veteran
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 22

Go green? Go red!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 01:01:27 AM »

Have you tried to glue the film on the inside of the blade toward the bottom? And I am with you on the shorter blade. I am more of a 32 incher myself.

Star Wars Society of San Antonio
Sith Shadow Council of Texas
San Antonio Lightsaber Academy

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

You have no chance to survive make your time.

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 12:26:04 AM »

I believe if you ask for a 32 inch blade while ordering they will send it to you. there is also a topic where Ultra talks about how to fix it. Someone cracked their tip and he wrote about how to repair it. I'd look for it and paste it for you but I'm watching the loser Patriots lose right now so sadly you're on your own. Just look around and you should find it, just look over topics asking about blade tips and you'll find it. Sorry for not being more helpful but you've got a lead now!

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 06:36:56 AM »

The film is hot glued about a 1/2 an inch from the bottom. That's how it stays.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: