Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Guardian Review  (Read 2144 times)
Drdra11
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: January 27, 2017, 03:10:17 AM »

A review of my Guardian.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwQyTJSi-w&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwQyTJSi-w&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 03:14:29 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Sabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (CG)
Chosen One CE (BR)
The Guardian (GB)
Apprentice LE v4 (GB)
Dark Initiate LE v3 (BR)

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 04:42:51 AM »

Great review!! I love the Guardian, my first and favorite saber. I went with the standard finish too and I'm not sure I would have liked the nickel any better.  

I see your reasonably new, so welcome!!👍

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 09:17:11 AM »

Makes me want one even more!! But it's not next on my list. Not yet! I need to be 100% sure before I dive in to that many monies on one saber.

Thanks for sharing and making me crave it a little more :p

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwQyTJSi-w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwQyTJSi-w</a>

I think the the Guardian will always be my favorite Ultrasabers saber. You know every time your switch it on it brings a smile to your face. It does not get any better than that. I really like your set up for your saber and  to have the Blue Illuminated Black AV switch looks great with your saber and you cannot go wrong with Guardian Blue for the blade color. Another thing I liked about the Guardian was the windows built into the hilt. It is just a beautiful saber and one that I am very proud to own. Well done on your review and once again a saber to be proud of.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

Detrich
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 12:33:35 AM »

I received an email from UltraSabers to write a review of my Guardian, so here it goes =)   

I'm not new to owning light sabers, as I own several replica stunt sabers and a forcefx style sabers from Episode I back from 2002+ era.  But, back then the stunt sabers were just stunt sabers and did not light up or have any sound.  The forcefx style ones did, but they were cheap plastic and still felt like toys.

Fastforward to 2017... I am new to UltraSabers as a customer.  And, I always wanted a Obi-Wan saber from Episode I that actually lights up and has sound.   And, the Guardian I ordered from UltraSabers comes very close to that.   I ordered mine with Obsidian Premium Sound, Guardian Blue, Flash on Clash, Flash Blue, and Standard Finish.  I also added a pointy blade separately, which I like much better.  And, it's pretty damn awesome.   

What I like about my UltraSaber: 
Excellent detail, weight, comfortable grip, beautiful blade, great sound, belt clip, and easy-to-remove blade.  Basically, it's a great saber at a very respectable price and very fast turn-around time.   UltraSabers has given me great customer service- ie answering my pre- and post- purchase questions diligently and in a timely manner.  I can tell that they really strive to make their customers happy.

What I don't like about my UltraSaber: 
Really, there's only one thing that I was slightly disappointed about, and that is the scale sizing of the saber.  Objectively, this was partially my own fault for not doing more research before ordering.  I didn't check the sizing scale or dimensions of UltraSabers' sabers.   And, I just assumed it would be the same size as my  licensed replica stunt saber from Episode I, which is the same size scale as the sabers used by the actors in the movie.  As it turns out, UltraSabers' dimensions are more similar in size to the forcefx style- ie just slightly bigger than the replica stunt sabers.   Now, normally, this is not a big deal.  But, at 5'6" I'm not that tall, so even an extra 2" on the hilt makes a noticeable difference when I wear it on my belt.   Again, not the end of the world, but just something that I wasn't expecting.

All-in-all, I think UltraSabers offers a great product and value.  And, I would still highly recommend them.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 02:29:10 AM »

Sounds like you make some good points here.
The Consular (based on Qui-Gon's) might be a better choice for you size wise, or the Archon

Detrich
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 02:59:09 AM »

I didn't check the size scaling of UltraSaber 's Qui-Gon Jinn saber.  But, the replica stunt saber I have from 2002+ is much bigger than the Obi-Wan one, which makes sense though.  Liam Neason, is after all, much taller than Ewan McGreggor.  And, each actor's stunt saber was scaled to their height and build.   Obi-Wan's replica stunt saber is perfect for my body size.  Just not the forcefx style size scale though. 

Detrich
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2018, 08:37:30 AM »

Just an update after owning this saber for a year and a half. 

The battery life of the lithium ion batteries that came with my Guardian are pretty weak.  I'm noticing that I'm having to recharge them quite often- at least 2 to 3 times per year with minimal usage.  By comparison, a saber I own of a different brand is going on 2 years and I've never charge the battery even once yet.  And, I play with that one a lot more, because it's a better fit ergonomically for my hands.   

I wonder if my batteries are defective, or perhaps the Guardian just draws more power than the other branded saber?

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2018, 12:47:40 PM »

If you hardly use your saber, it's bad practice to keep batteries in any devices with minimum usage.  Batteries slowly discharges on their own, add them to a device, which all devices draw some power even if they're off, and will draw more power than if the battery stood alone. Reasons why if you're away from your home and everything is off but you still have an electric bill the next month.  The best practice is to keep your batteries uncharged when storing them, because as the batteries discharges, pressure builds in the battery (which is why alkaline batteries are susceptible to corrosion and leaking), that can lead to long term internal damage for the battery.  The pressure building within the battery can lead to the end of your battery's life cycle due to sitting while being fully charged in a device.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 12:53:18 PM »

If you're having to charge your batteries that often, you need new batteries. Li-Ion (or any rechargeable) batteries don't last forever. Also, Ultrasabers doesn't make the batteries, so it's not like they're really to blame for batteries going bad. Just saying.

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 01:21:03 PM »

My guardian is my clear favorite, I don’t let anyone else use it I love it so
Mucho. Not that it’s my fave for tricks and spinning, but for dueling and heavy hitting it is superior to all my other sabers. I also own some MR sabers from back in the day, but my US issues are better in almost every way. The guardian is beautiful, and powerful, and I find it to have the aesthetics of what o consider an ultimate saber to be. Congratulations on getting yourself a fine saber, and I hope you enjoy it thoroughly!! Great job on your review!!

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Malik Thanewulf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -488

Grey Jedi with MAJOR Sith-like tendencies

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »

i too have a Guardian saber. it is easily one of my favorites. if anyone is thinking about getting this one, i say go for it. yes, it is a little on the larger side, but it is so worth it. not as large or as heavy as the Scorpion (another favorite of mine) it is very balanced and a great two handed saber.

My Collection: Monarch CE

Wish list:  maybe a Sword of Omens (not sure which color)

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 11:58:14 PM »

The Guardian is another future saber that I want to own.  Thank you, Malik for the info and your personal experience with it.  Do you have any pictures of it?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: