Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon V2.1 Review (My first saber!)  (Read 6981 times)
MathijsV
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?"

« on: January 27, 2017, 09:56:57 AM »

Hey guys!

My first saber arrived last week, and I am proud to have created a review for it. Hope you enjoy!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBs_ndnvgnQ&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBs_ndnvgnQ&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Please be so kind to give feedback, since I have more sabers on the way, thus I will be doing more reviews soon!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:21:07 PM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

Jeadus Teal
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 203

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 10:43:27 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBs_ndnvgnQ&amp;t=356s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBs_ndnvgnQ&amp;t=356s</a>

Good review MathijsV and well done in going through all the options of your saber. Using tape on your saber blade is a good way to help prevent the screw tapping into the blade and blade plug. Good choice for the set up of your saber. Point.

" Who's the more foolish? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

MathijsV
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 02:20:19 PM »

Good review MathijsV and well done in going through all the options of your saber. Using tape on your saber blade is a good way to help prevent the screw tapping into the blade and blade plug. Good choice for the set up of your saber. Point.

Thanks for the feedback! Really appreciate it!

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 04:36:27 PM »

That was one of the better reviews I have seen. You did an excellent job. You covered everything very nicely. I was not board at all. 👏

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

MathijsV
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »

That was one of the better reviews I have seen. You did an excellent job. You covered everything very nicely. I was not board at all. 👏

Thanks mate! So it would be a good approach for other Ultrasabers reviews?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 05:29:37 PM »

I think so review away.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 08:12:56 PM »

Great job. I never had any interest in the Archon V2, now I do!

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

MathijsV
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 12:45:10 AM »

Great job. I never had any interest in the Archon V2, now I do!

Thanks! Really appreciate the comment Smiley The saber really is awesome, you should get it as well!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 01:08:26 AM »

Excellent quality on the video - crystal clear! Your suggestion of putting tape on the blade is great advice for those new to buying sabers. I wish I had known that early on, but never too late to start now, eh?, so thanks for the tip.    Wink

Very informative overview of the Obsidian V4 sound board, too, explaining the differences between the "themes" of each sound font. Many newcomers will find that very helpful, and it's a huge selling point especially when some may have thought that all lightsabers make the same sound.  So glad we have differences like that. Makes them all even more unique.

I have the Archon 2.1 myself, but the quality of your video did make it look very slick.  Nicely done.

+1 point incoming

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 01:50:46 AM »

Excellent review! Thanks for sharing that with us Smiley

I feel the same about the recharge ports. I'd love to get them on a few sabers in particular so I can have them on all the time. But it looks SO much better without it.

If only US had a way to install them in the base of the pommel instead of putting a hole in the hilt  Cry

MathijsV
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2017, 02:32:11 AM »

Excellent quality on the video - crystal clear! Your suggestion of putting tape on the blade is great advice for those new to buying sabers. I wish I had known that early on, but never too late to start now, eh?, so thanks for the tip.    Wink

Very informative overview of the Obsidian V4 sound board, too, explaining the differences between the "themes" of each sound font. Many newcomers will find that very helpful, and it's a huge selling point especially when some may have thought that all lightsabers make the same sound.  So glad we have differences like that. Makes them all even more unique.

I have the Archon 2.1 myself, but the quality of your video did make it look very slick.  Nicely done.

+1 point incoming

Thank you for the detailed feedback! I really appreciate it! Yes, the tape really helps to prevent the blade from damaging. You're welcome!
Exactly, I think the Obsidian V4 is an absolute need on my sabers, just to give that nice touch!

MathijsV
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 02:34:04 AM »

I feel the same about the recharge ports. I'd love to get them on a few sabers in particular so I can have them on all the time. But it looks SO much better without it.

If only US had a way to install them in the base of the pommel instead of putting a hole in the hilt  Cry

Thank you! Yes, you are right. It would be nice to have a recharge port, however it looks so much better without. I think adding a recharge port in the base of the pommel is a great idea! Near the batteries, so it is covered by the pommel!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 03:13:04 AM »

Thank you! Yes, you are right. It would be nice to have a recharge port, however it looks so much better without. I think adding a recharge port in the base of the pommel is a great idea! Near the batteries, so it is covered by the pommel!

Ditto on that.  I didn't put one on my Graflex nor will I be putting one on my Chosen One, when I get one eventually. I have one on my Electrum Wind and Guardian, something about the heftiness of those hilts made me want to add a recharge port to make recharging the batteries a simpler process, and they seem to "hold" the recharge port well without it detracting from the overall look.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2017, 03:56:43 AM »

Ditto on that.  I didn't put one on my Graflex nor will I be putting one on my Chosen One, when I get one eventually. I have one on my Electrum Wind and Guardian, something about the heftiness of those hilts made me want to add a recharge port to make recharging the batteries a simpler process, and they seem to "hold" the recharge port well without it detracting from the overall look.

How well is it hidden on the Guardian? That's one of the hilts that I'd love to have as an always on display saber. But I'm scared about having a dirty great big hole in the back of it Sad

Jediseth
Knight Commander

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2017, 03:12:16 PM »

I don't bother with recharge ports on US. I'm always getting inside anyway playing with the ports. It just doesn't make any sense spending that much extra.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: