Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Archon V2.1 Review (My first saber!)  (Read 6990 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 08:24:24 PM »

How well is it hidden on the Guardian? That's one of the hilts that I'd love to have as an always on display saber. But I'm scared about having a dirty great big hole in the back of it Sad

Hey, Isola.  Sorry for my delay answering this for you.  Here are a couple pictures with slightly different angles of that recharge port on my Guardian with the Nickel Plated finish for your consideration:

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2017, 04:35:05 AM »

Hmmmm ok... that's actually really well done on the Guardian. That is much better than other recharge ports I've seen on the forums. I guess the shroud helps the look of it by hiding it a little bit. Maybe I will spend the extra on that hilt after all.

Thanks for the pictures and the possible larger hole in my wallet  Grin point as always for your helpfulness Smiley

MathijsV - what do you think about the recharge port on LB's Guardian? I think it still looks nice and sleek.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2017, 04:51:22 AM »

Hmmmm ok... that's actually really well done on the Guardian. That is much better than other recharge ports I've seen on the forums. I guess the shroud helps the look of it by hiding it a little bit. Maybe I will spend the extra on that hilt after all.

Thanks for the pictures and the possible larger hole in my wallet  Grin point as always for your helpfulness Smiley

MathijsV - what do you think about the recharge port on LB's Guardian? I think it still looks nice and sleek.

You're sure welcome, for all of it 😉 and thanks for the point, mate. Yeah I don't think it detracts from the Guardian's overall appearance at all. It seems to fall right in line with the Covertec Wheel, the rivet and blade retention socket screw, don'tcha think?

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2017, 05:23:11 AM »

You're sure welcome, for all of it 😉 and thanks for the point, mate. Yeah I don't think it detracts from the Guardian's overall appearance at all. It seems to fall right in line with the Covertec Wheel, the rivet and blade retention socket screw, don'tcha think?

It does fall in line with it all, and it does suit it quite well. I'm really glad that it does, because it's one of my favorite hilts and I really did want to be able to have it displayed lit. Is that the "standard" location for the socket? Or did you request it to be put there? It's the exact spot I would want mine to sit in.

I'm pretty much decided now that the Guardian will be my birthday present to myself this year after seeing those pics Smiley

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2017, 06:53:32 AM »

It does fall in line with it all, and it does suit it quite well. I'm really glad that it does, because it's one of my favorite hilts and I really did want to be able to have it displayed lit. Is that the "standard" location for the socket? Or did you request it to be put there? It's the exact spot I would want mine to sit in.

I'm pretty much decided now that the Guardian will be my birthday present to myself this year after seeing those pics Smiley

Standard locations for everything, at least I think so, because I made no special requests. Couldn't hurt to add comments in your order to specify that anyway.

That's a GREAT birthday present idea, good for you! 😊

MathijsV
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?"

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »

Thanks for the pictures and the possible larger hole in my wallet  Grin point as always for your helpfulness Smiley

That actually does not look bad at all! I think it looks nice on the Guardian, since it is perfectly in line with the other buttons and screws. Thanks for providing the images Lord Bladewraith!

MathijsV
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

"Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?"

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2017, 11:43:36 AM »

That would be an amazing gift to yourself! Be sure to show us some pictures when the time comes Smiley

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2017, 11:50:33 AM »

That would be an amazing gift to yourself! Be sure to show us some pictures when the time comes Smiley

I will be sure to do so. But it's not till September.

I am however, fixing to place an order in the next week so there will be some OTHER photos and videos to look at soon Smiley

I do love how all three of us had the same view on the recharge ports, but that one saber was enough to make all three of us agree again in the complete opposite way. Must be Obi-wan's "certain point of view"  Cheesy

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »

That actually does not look bad at all! I think it looks nice on the Guardian, since it is perfectly in line with the other buttons and screws. Thanks for providing the images Lord Bladewraith!

A pleasure, sir. That was my Autumn 2016 raffle Grand Prize, and I'm always proud to show pictures of it. Glad I could help out.

I will be sure to do so. But it's not till September.

I am however, fixing to place an order in the next week so there will be some OTHER photos and videos to look at soon Smiley

I do love how all three of us had the same view on the recharge ports, but that one saber was enough to make all three of us agree again in the complete opposite way. Must be Obi-wan's "certain point of view"  Cheesy

Ugh! September is so far away 😲  glad you have something else in the works to tide you (us 😏) over until then.

That is my favorite quote of Star Wars. It translates over to real life so well. Point to you, fellow future Guardian owner 👈

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2017, 08:48:30 AM »

A pleasure, sir. That was my Autumn 2016 raffle Grand Prize, and I'm always proud to show pictures of it. Glad I could help out.

Ugh! September is so far away 😲  glad you have something else in the works to tide you (us 😏) over until then.

That is my favorite quote of Star Wars. It translates over to real life so well. Point to you, fellow future Guardian owner 👈

Oh don't worry I have a few things in the works to keep me/you going until then! I have another custom thread going now, and after I receive my next order that will also contain my next "planet" hilt to start work on, plus two other sabers to do reviews on and take photos of.

And the more I keep coming in to this thread... the more and more I want an Archon 2.1  Shocked

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2017, 03:23:14 PM »

Oh don't worry I have a few things in the works to keep me/you going until then! I have another custom thread going now, and after I receive my next order that will also contain my next "planet" hilt to start work on, plus two other sabers to do reviews on and take photos of.

And the more I keep coming in to this thread... the more and more I want an Archon 2.1  Shocked

Yes! That will do, yes, that will do quite nicely. Grin I'm really loving your planet idea. 👌

I know I'm partly responsible for a wallet apocalypse already, but I thought I should point out that the Archon 2.1 is the Deal of the Day special right now at $20 off...  Roll Eyes  ...  just sayin  Smiley

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2017, 08:20:32 PM »

Yes! That will do, yes, that will do quite nicely. Grin I'm really loving your planet idea. 👌

I know I'm partly responsible for a wallet apocalypse already, but I thought I should point out that the Archon 2.1 is the Deal of the Day special right now at $20 off...  Roll Eyes  ...  just sayin  Smiley

I saw that one sitting there and was very tempted! But three in one order is probably enough this time around or I'll never get that Guardian  Tongue

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2017, 10:52:38 PM »

I saw that one sitting there and was very tempted! But three in one order is probably enough this time around or I'll never get that Guardian  Tongue

Smart man  Wink

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2017, 11:59:07 AM »

Smart man  Wink

Out of curiosity I started building an Archon in the store to see where the price would land. Got to the last step and realized it's a "comes standard with covertech wheel" saber... annnnnnd it's in the wrong spot Sad I really do wish you could pick the position on all sabers. I'd much rather just pay the $14 to put it where I want it than have it included in only one spot.

So now that one is off the list which is a bit of a shame. I'll have to find something to take it's place!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2017, 03:22:54 PM »

Out of curiosity I started building an Archon in the store to see where the price would land. Got to the last step and realized it's a "comes standard with covertech wheel" saber... annnnnnd it's in the wrong spot Sad I really do wish you could pick the position on all sabers. I'd much rather just pay the $14 to put it where I want it than have it included in only one spot.

So now that one is off the list which is a bit of a shame. I'll have to find something to take it's place!

Why not still get it and replace the Covertec wheel with an 8/32 x 1/4 inch silver button screw?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: