Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: FEAR  (Read 5598 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 06:01:05 PM »

I'm relieved to say it was a thing of the past. Now I can watch something creepy or scary right before bed and I don't even think about it when I'm in the dark.
No excuses to avoid watching more horror movies then

Darth Calon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -480

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 08:17:18 PM »

No excuses to avoid watching more horror movies then

I never said I wasn't going to.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 08:20:06 PM »

I never said I wasn't going to.
Excellent!

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2017, 08:46:38 PM »

I wish I could follow Chirrut Îmwe's example and say, "I fear nothing", but I couldn't say so and be completely honest with myself.   Roll Eyes

Some of my greatest fears are:

• Slipping on black ice while driving down the freeway, losing control and bashing into the back of a semi truck, sliding over an embankment or flipping the car
  • Drowning (I almost did as a kid, and though I'm a good swimmer now, it's still haunting me today)
  • This last one is weird, because I'd never be in this situation, but it's still a fear if I were: being in space and becoming detached from the life line or my grip slipping lose while I'm outside the ship and falling backwards into space, waiting for my oxygen to run out and suffocate. I've obviously seen a few movies like this, such as Gravity, and watching it happen gives me the chills.
  • Losing one of my kids, abducted or killed in an accident, not to mention being drowned.  OMG I've had nightmares about that.
  • Losing my job

Just to name the major ones. I wouldn't say I've overcome any of them, but I'm better at calming my mind when the thought of them emerge from time to time. I embrace fear. It makes be stronger. I think of when I go to the gym. Exercise is hard and hurts at first, but eventually I work through it, and though it's still a challenge and sometimes demands more energy than I think I have, when I'm finished I feel I've conquered a fear and become stronger physically and mentally.  Sometimes I have a fear of going back to the gym thinking I won't put in an effort good enough and sometimes that fear wins, so I don't end up going, but if I push myself, I conquer that fear and feel really good about myself afterwards.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2017, 09:04:38 PM »

• Slipping on black ice while driving down the freeway, losing control and bashing into the back of a semi truck, sliding over an embankment or flipping the car
I think I saw something similar to that in a Final Destination movie (the second one I think).

I must say, I am surprised no-one has mentioned clowns yet. I LOVE clowns, especially the creepy ones.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 09:19:17 PM »

I think I saw something similar to that in a Final Destination movie (the second one I think).

I must say, I am surprised no-one has mentioned clowns yet. I LOVE clowns, especially the creepy ones.

I'm pretty sure you're right about a scene like that. I haven't seen that movie in quite a while. It actually happened to me with my family and I in our minivan driving up to Spokane, WA a few years ago in November to be with relatives for Thanksgiving. It was early in the morning, and we were just heading out, and the roads had this glaze on them that was not easily perceived and a semi truck in front of us just slammed on his brakes, and as we tried to stop, began fishtailing and spun 360 degrees like 3 times before gaining traction and flying backwards into a snow embankment on the side of the road. Never actually touched the semi truck, but as Maxwell Smart so comically noted, "missed it by that much!".

Oh yeah, Clowns, and like you especially the creepy ones,  just fascinate me, they don't scare me one bit.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2017, 09:22:11 PM »

Oh yeah, Clowns, and like you especially the creepy ones,  just fascinate me, they don't scare me one bit.
Apparently 40% of adults are scared of clowns. I know some people place the blame on Stephen King and Tim Curry for that. But knowing how many adults are scared/disturbed by clowns is the main reason I dress as a creepy clown on alternate Halloweens.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2017, 09:24:36 PM »

I hate clowns. If I ever see one on my property (it might not be there anymore).

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2017, 09:25:59 PM »

I hate clowns. If I ever see one on my property (it might not be there anymore).
Why?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2017, 09:30:54 PM »

Why?

They are just one of those things that nobody in my family has ever liked. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm scared of them, just that my dislike for them is un-Jedi like. I might even let my Dark Side out of control and go all Kylo on them if I ever saw one.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2017, 09:30:58 PM »

Apparently 40% of adults are scared of clowns. I know some people place the blame on Stephen King and Tim Curry for that. But knowing how many adults are scared/disturbed by clowns is the main reason I dress as a creepy clown on alternate Halloweens.

Wow, had no idea it was that high of a number. That's incredible and hilarious that you dress up as one for Halloween. That's something I'll have to try one Halloween in the coming years. Tim Curry was brilliant, and I'm skeptical of the new actor's take on the character in the IT remake coming up.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 09:36:04 PM »

Wow, had no idea it was that high of a number. That's incredible and hilarious that you dress up as one for Halloween. That's something I'll have to try one Halloween in the coming years. Tim Curry was brilliant, and I'm skeptical of the new actor's take on the character in the IT remake coming up.
Tim Curry's performance IS that movie. Only thing that makes it watchable (as it's not actually that good). But then again, Tim Curry is always amazing in every role.

This was me on Halloween 2014:

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »

This was me on Halloween 2014:

*goes all Kylo*

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 09:58:00 PM »

*goes all Kylo*
You still haven't explained why though

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »

Dementia terrifies me.  So does a slow, painful death by a terminal illness. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: