Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Down
Author Topic: You've Been Challenged  (Read 84799 times)
Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -68

« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2018, 02:40:11 AM »

Being a huge fan of  Chirrut Imwe (Donnie Yen) from Rogue One, i was inspired to issue  my first challenge on the Forum: The Blind Swordsman.  2 minutes of blindfolded saber work.  Find a good open safe space, and let the Force guide your movements.  This helped me tune in to the feel of a saber like never before- i hope you all have fun with this one!
http://youtu.be/yE2_ZGrNgXc
  tactile as hell😀 hear the saber feel it against yours and do what you do 😁 I do this crossing arms in Practical Wing Chun

Vengeance is a must death will follow no one will survive
 Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #151 on: September 29, 2018, 12:26:22 AM »

Hallway Challenge Accepted!! (Super small hallway, and super small saber!!)

http://youtu.be/U6qWvDSK4_E
  you moved so well 💪💥

Crimson Scorpion diamond, dark Initiate v4 stunt, Sentinel LE v4 stunt, Aeon v4 stunt.   If I could name change it would have been Darth Sithious

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #152 on: September 29, 2018, 12:37:00 AM »

I respectfully challenge Dauntless Seven in 3 mins of lightsaber battle from front side and rear changing her height from average shorter and taller in any mix. Spinning or saber combat is cool. I'm nervous lol my first challenge of a powerful person here 😯

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #153 on: September 30, 2018, 04:03:09 PM »

Shocked  Well... you definitely caught me off guard lol  Grin.  Master Elwood also put one out there a few months ago.  All I can say is that somewhere down the line I will share ( I'm actually a private person on the internet/social media ).  Have recently gifted my physical trainers with some sabers so will see what we can come up with.  Unfortunately we all are quite busy and have yet to connect for any saber sparring time.  I haven't practiced spinning in awhile and must get back to it.  Smiley

So I guess what I am saying is challenge accepted... but no time to deliver restrictions.  Wink

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #154 on: September 30, 2018, 05:21:48 PM »

Awesome  Cheesy I'm looking forward to it and time isn't an issue at all, being here has already gotten me off my  plateau and learning new spins and moves. So what I'm saying is your all awesome 😁

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #155 on: September 30, 2018, 05:46:20 PM »

Shocked  Well... you definitely caught me off guard lol  Grin.  Master Elwood also put one out there a few months ago.  All I can say is that somewhere down the line I will share ( I'm actually a private person on the internet/social media ).  Have recently gifted my physical trainers with some sabers so will see what we can come up with.  Unfortunately we all are quite busy and have yet to connect for any saber sparring time.  I haven't practiced spinning in awhile and must get back to it.  Smiley

So I guess what I am saying is challenge accepted... but no time to deliver restrictions.  Wink

PEER PRESSURE! PEER PRESSURE!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #156 on: October 01, 2018, 03:32:29 AM »

Here is my challenge, things I'm working on: finding my sweet spots of my feet balance and posture. If you think this is bad should have seen me last year lol https://youtu.be/nDfuQm8SB-I

Master Elwood Graestar
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2018, 02:10:56 PM »

Here is my challenge, things I'm working on: finding my sweet spots of my feet balance and posture. If you think this is bad should have seen me last year lol
apologies for the late response, Jaymes- point for your fully honest first challenge response Smiley you've got a lot of power behind everything you bring, so cheers to trying to tame that down.  I think what will level up your staff flow is switching up your grip  bit. you stick to the thumb to thumb, but if you go over-under( like you're holding one saber in a fore-grip and one in a reverse grip) it frees your shoulders and arms to move much more naturally.  you can also bring your hands together to get to the real speed that you're after.  just you know, slower at first Wink

Passions make life worthwhile and truth more profound.

lightside points if you would!

Jaymes1980
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2018, 09:48:43 PM »

apologies for the late response, Jaymes- point for your fully honest first challenge response Smiley you've got a lot of power behind everything you bring, so cheers to trying to tame that down.  I think what will level up your staff flow is switching up your grip  bit. you stick to the thumb to thumb, but if you go over-under( like you're holding one saber in a fore-grip and one in a reverse grip) it frees your shoulders and arms to move much more naturally.  you can also bring your hands together to get to the real speed that you're after.  just you know, slower at first Wink
 thank you Master Elwood,  lol did I do that I will check I usually start holding staff in front of my body then turn  it over under my right arm I bet a million dollars I lose the transition somewhere thank you for helping me there. I been running into some trouble with my balance lately. Thought I had that down maybe cause my legs are so sore I hadn't taken a break going every day due to my addiction to the movement and gain of skill. My Achilles is sore as hell, I posted something new in the video area please take a look and if you would be so kind to give me some knowledge on my balance. I figured out the 360 while spinning that's what did me in at the end, for the love of God I hope I'm smart enough to not grab anything to train and just sit on my .... first awhile.    Point given for your much appreciated help

Master Resolute
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -453

Dark Jedi

« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2018, 10:00:00 PM »

Decided to share one of the training sessions. Added a challenge to the end of this one. Skip to the saberstaff at the end to see it. Left in the mistakes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5gNFHjplaw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

-- Remember....your Focus determines your Reality. --
-- If you gaze long enough into the Abyss, the Abyss will gaze back into you --

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2018, 12:38:07 PM »

Great video, Master Resolute. I love your foot work and your strikes! 

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2018, 08:58:08 PM »

Here is my response to Ryan's challenge. Just me doing some basic spins and strikes in my Nassago costume. I shall challenge Taegin to post something from the initial criteria.

I know it's a bit late, but I have finally accepted this challenge.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56BqzSnjqcA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">Sorry...</a>

It's an older video, but it still checks out.  Wink

Hopefully(I think) you guys noticed some pretty bad effects in it. And not to gloss over Master Resolute's latest challenge or anything, but I'm going to take this as an opportunity to challenge everyone to add some effects to their videos. The cringier (more cringy?) the better. And unless Master Res has a problem with it, I'd say you are welcome to complete both these challenges in the same video. Grin
Anyways, hope this brings joy to someone. Cheesy

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Silenoz
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1287

Sith Juggernaut

« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2018, 09:22:04 PM »

Sorry...
It's an older video, but it still checks out.  Wink

Nice reference. Wink

Better late than never. That was awesome, Taegin!

Achieved! Grin

"I believe it is quite possible to misbehave while still employing good manners." - Darth Logos

"There are too many stupid people, and I do not have enough patience for a whole universe of bozos." - Lady Revan

Master Venturous
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -631

Dark Side points if you please

« Reply #163 on: December 13, 2018, 11:01:26 PM »

I know it's a bit late, but I have finally accepted this challenge.

Sorry...

It's an older video, but it still checks out.  Wink

Hopefully(I think) you guys noticed some pretty bad effects in it. And not to gloss over Master Resolute's latest challenge or anything, but I'm going to take this as an opportunity to challenge everyone to add some effects to their videos. The cringier (more cringy?) the better. And unless Master Res has a problem with it, I'd say you are welcome to complete both these challenges in the same video. Grin

Well done sir. Glad to see you got around to it eventually.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2018, 02:37:14 AM »

Great work, Taegin!  Glad you posted a video! Love your hand tosses and strikes!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: