Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: GOD BLESS THE 80s  (Read 880 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: January 29, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »

Proof that the 80s were cheesy, awesome and just batsh*t crazy. Don't know whether to be aghast with horror, titallated or find the whole thing completely hilarious!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbwoGYxKEf8" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbwoGYxKEf8</a>

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 11:19:33 PM »

Jamie Lee Curtis....nuff said.

Look up the music video Eric Prydz: Call on Me  which spoofs this scene

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »

Look up the music video Eric Prydz: Call on Me  which spoofs this scene
DUDE! Did you forget I live in the UK? That song was huge over here when it was released. Was number 1 in the charts for a few weeks. I have a couple of good remixes of it that I use to drop in my DJ sets.

Jamie Lee Curtis....nuff said.

From Halloween to this very day, she is still amazing.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 11:28:31 PM »

DUDE! Did you forget I live in the UK? That song was huge over here when it was released. Was number 1 in the charts for a few weeks. I have a couple of good remixes of it that I use to drop in my DJ sets.
From Halloween to this very day, she is still amazing.

I was unaware it was a hit in the UK..or anywhere for that matter.  I just happened across it once years ago and recognized it as recreating that scene from Perfect.  I often watch the music video though...for research purposes...

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2017, 11:35:37 PM »

I was unaware it was a hit in the UK..or anywhere for that matter.  I just happened across it once years ago and recognized it as recreating that scene from Perfect.  
It was a huge underground club hit across Europe and then went mainstream, which is when the video was made.

*edit* My apologies though. Wasn't accusing you or anything!
From chatting to people on the forum it seems most people music taste seems confined to the rock genre, whereas within my circle of friends IRL we like a bit of everything.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 12:08:01 AM »

It was a huge underground club hit across Europe and then went mainstream, which is when the video was made.

*edit* My apologies though. Wasn't accusing you or anything!
From chatting to people on the forum it seems most people music taste seems confined to the rock genre, whereas within my circle of friends IRL we like a bit of everything.

I took no offense my Friend.  My Musical taste is very eclectic even though I do skew more towards some genres  than others.  But, I don't "follow" music if that makes sense.  Whats popular, whats not etc holds little interest for me.  Plus I don't frequent Clubs either :p

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 12:20:53 AM »

I took no offense my Friend.  My Musical taste is very eclectic even though I do skew more towards some genres  than others.  But, I don't "follow" music if that makes sense.  Whats popular, whats not etc holds little interest for me.  Plus I don't frequent Clubs either :p
By "popular" do you mean actual "pop music" or music that just happens to currently be popular?

My and my friend's taste in music goes across pretty much every genre (soul, funk, blue n soul, RnB, hip-hp, rap, rock, classical, jazz, EDM, house, garage, dubstep). Really depends on my mood at the time what i like to listen to.

Although I fully understand that clubland is not for everyone, although you're missing out Tongue Grin (although I'm not sure what American clubs are like compared to European clubs.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:29:04 AM »

By "popular" do you mean actual "pop music" or music that just happens to currently be popular?

My and my friend's taste in music goes across pretty much every genre (soul, funk, blue n soul, RnB, hip-hp, rap, rock, classical, jazz, EDM, house, garage, dubstep). Really depends on my mood at the time what i like to listen to.

Although I fully understand that clubland is not for everyone, although you're missing out Tongue Grin (although I'm not sure what American clubs are like compared to European clubs.

Just meant music that is considered popular.   Clubs hold nothing of interest for me really no matter where they are.  Not crapping on anyone who enjoys it, I just don't see it as fun.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: