Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Very first draft of my so far unnamed characters crystal color background story (hope I'm posting th  (Read 2474 times)
LordVader0418
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -9

« on: January 30, 2017, 05:35:57 AM »

Personal note: I recently did a grab bag from US and used it as a "whatever LED color I get is my destiny" sort of thing. So after getting it in the mail I got a very unexpected color. So I decided to develop a background for myself that somewhat explains why I got this color. Feel free to critic anything I got wrong about the force or how the crystal gets its color. I am trying to do it within the current parameters of canon. I wrote this in about 30 minutes so it's extremely rough.

​I, a vastly ignored, yet quite powerful Jedi Sentinel was returning to Coruscant after having spent 2 years away from the temple.  I had been undercover on Nar Shadaa trying to uncover why the local spice trade had grown so much and so quickly.  After losing my Padawan just 6 months earlier, I had quickly grown more aggressive in my techniques and even secretly learned dark side techniques that allowed me to climb the ranks of the local gang quicker and be done with this wretched assignment.  I could feel the resentment of the Jedi Order growing inside me as I learned techniques such as Mind Shard and even Drain Knowledge, which I used on the lieutenants to inevitably give up the location of their top leader.  Once the assignment was completed and I was free to return to Coruscant to brief the Masters, I grew confused about my actions and regretful of the path I had taken to complete my goal.  Even though in the end my actions were for the greater good, I had still tip toed dark forces and gone against the wishes of the Jedi Order.  Knowing the wrong I had done to complete my task, I headed back to the temple, back to the council, to confess my use of the dark side and to receive my punishment.
​Upon my return however, I was informed that Grand Master Yoda had sensed my betrayal of the light side of the force and wished to speak with me privately before going before the council. When Master Yoda spoke to me it wasn’t out of disappointment or disgust, but out of care and understanding,
“Chose the easy path you did, to complete your assignment.”
“Yes, Master.” I replied hesitantly.
“And make you feel, how did it?”
I paused at this question.  I had, in fact, felt remorse for my betrayal of the Jedi, but I realized now, not for my use of the Dark side.  “I don’t really know how to explain it” I eventually stated so as to not let the silence go for too long.
“Hmm” Master Yoda simply replied.
“More to your answer, I sense”.
“Yes”, I quickly replied. Having come to realize Master Yoda already knew my thoughts and I had no reason to hold back.  “I feel ashamed for betraying the teachings of the Jedi but” I hesitated again. “But not for my use my newly learned abilities.”
“Your use of the Dark side.” He retorted.
“Yes, because I question the validity of these abilities BEING Dark side abilities.” After a brief pause I continued before Yoda could speak again. “If I am doing these abilities while using them for the greater good of the galaxy and the Jedi Order, are they not inevitably Jedi abilities instead of simply Dark side abilities?”
Yoda closed his eyes and bowed his head, seemingly in thought. “What thoughts first brought about these abilities and the thoughts to use them?” He asked without looking up.
“After the death of my Padawan, I wouldn’t let it be in vain, I would make sure my goal was accomplished.”
“Your mistake, this thinking is. These feelings of loss and vengeance festered and demanded the Dark side.”
Realizing that Master Yoda was right and that I had not only allowed the Dark side to flow through me, I had welcomed it. I had invited it and nourished it until it cloaked itself inside of me to the point of believing myself smarter than the Grand Master himself.
“What can I do Master Yoda? How can I be redeemed?”
“Your lightsaber, you have with you?”
“Yes.” I removed my lightsaber from under my tunic, where I had grown accustomed to wearing it due to the nature of my work. 
“Remove the yellow crystal inside you must, and obtain a new one.  While you connect with your new crystal, think about your actions and how they have affected your connection to the force. Once you have done so, bring it to me.  Look at it, you must not.”
After I had returned to my quarters and dismantled my lightsaber, I began the ritual with my new crystal.  I allowed my thoughts of both the Light and Dark sides to filter in and out.  I held nothing back from my thoughts as I felt my connection with the crystal growing.  After the ritual was complete I shielded it from my view and headed immediately for the council chambers where I knew Master Yoda to be residing.  As I walked into the council chambers I was not surprised by the presence of most of the council members. 
“Do you have your new crystal?” Master Mace Windu asked plainly.
“Yes, Master” I replied as I presented the box I had placed it in to him.
“Please, leave this chamber and wait for us outside.”
I bowed politely and proceeded outside the chambers.  After a few moments that felt like a few years, the doors opened and I took that as my cue to return. The somber look on the faces of the Masters was not very welcoming.  Looking at Master Yoda, I could neither sense nor guess his emotions. When a Master finally spoke it was not Yoda, but instead Windu instead.
“What were your thoughts while connecting with this crystal?”
“I did as Master Yoda asked, I reflected on my actions and about my connection to the force as a whole.”
“Not just the Light?” Windu probed.
“No sir, while I am not proud of it I did make a connection with the Dark side that has affected my connection to the force. Therefore, I allowed that presence into my while bonding with the crystal.”
“Did the crystal resist at all to the Dark? Did it try to stop you?”
“Yes” I replied, not realizing during the process but only just now that I had felt resistance from the crystal that I could not explain. “I felt the crystal resist the bonding but I cannot explain why, or how I overcame it. I just did.”
“You broke its will. It resisted the Dark side inside of you and you forced the darkness into the crystal nonetheless.  Interestingly though, you also imbued it with your Light side.  Did you gaze at the color of this crystal before bringing it to us?”
“No Master, I was instructed not to.”
“Before we give this to you, you must promise something to this council and to me.”
“What is it?”
“You must train directly under me until I say otherwise.”
Seriously? I was a full-fledged Jedi Sentinel, I had been a Knight for half a decade already. Why did I need to train under Master Windu specifically?
“I accept these terms but I must know, why?”
As he spoke he opened the box facing away from himself and towards me “To learn to control the Dark side within you”. The color of the crystal hit my eyes at the same time that his words hit my ears.  As foreboding as his words were the crystal was more so.  It sat their innocently in its box. As if it were just like the crystal of any other Jedi. But it wasn’t, this crystal had become both connected to the Light of a Sentinel and dominated by the Dark of a Dark Jedi. This crystal, My crystal, was Orange.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 07:40:58 PM »

First off: let me preface this with saying just how much I love this kind of narrative; I've always been drawn to stories about/including Jedi, Sith, and force-users (heh, I know, I know: "no kidding; we're in a lightsaber forum  Grin).  I've done a few fan fic short stories myself but none that I've felt any particular desire to share outside my VERY understanding (and supportive  Wink) wife. 
LV, I really enjoyed what you wrote; I was engaged within the first couple of sentences and found myself disappointed that I had read to the end that quickly, wanting to find out more.  Your world-building was both engrossing and familiar (thanks to such canon elements as Yoda & Mace).  I like the color explanation w/ your kyber crystal (even if it isn't canon--and I don't know whether it is or not--I really like how it neatly fits within the mythos).  Hopefully LV you'll continue the narrative when you're able to  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: