Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Catalyst with various Emitters  (Read 2549 times)
CAP
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

Light Side Points Please

« on: January 31, 2017, 09:01:16 AM »

Hi, I purchased my a prophecy as my first saber a while ago and am planning a saber to really make my own. I'm torn between a manticore or a catalyst at the minute and while there is enough reference of a manticore with various emitters, I'm struggling to find much to go on for the catalyst. I realise this might belong in the emitter pommel reference, but the search page weren't working for some reason. Anyway any help such as pics of your catalysts with different emitters would be greatly appreciated. Cheers guys

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem

BHarry13
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 2

Once you go grey, that is where you will stay!

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:39:40 PM »

Catalyst doesn't really work with other emitters. It is a different set up and modifications would be needed. The LED sits just under the emitter with an "exposed" LED. It is not housed inside a LED module and just has a collimater sitting on the LED inside the emitter. The Manticore is truly MHS compatible.

Bellicose-Emerald
Dark Catalyst-Emerald 
Aeon V3 LE- GB stunt
Flamberge V2-BR stunt
Graflex-GB stunt

Light side points preferred

CAP
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -2

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:26:27 AM »

I see, that explains the lack of mods on it then compared to other savers. Thanks Man 👍🏼

Et Ducit Mundum Per Lucem

PrincessKnowItAll
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 09:09:39 PM »

The LED for the Catalyst is fabricated differently it is not in a housing and sits right at the base of the emitter pretty much.

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 28

"Your expectations aren't my responsibilities"

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »

I wish I had checked this before buying two Catalysts. The page said that they were MHS compatible when I was buying it. I didn't think to check if that meant you need to modify it first. I now have two $500+ sabers that I can't change the emitters on without doing extra work. I'm looking into this now. The only part about the Catalyst that I didn't like was the blade holder. This has made me feel very bad.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 03:08:19 AM »

I beg to differ on the changing of Catalyst emitters, having done it a couple of times
Both Therion's Wrath and Duron's Lance started life as Catalysts or Catalyst parts

Now, admittedly, both newer emitters are from TCSS

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:16:30 AM »

It's not a huge deal. The lense for the LED is glued into the bottom of the emitter, so you can use any MHS emitter with it, you just have to remove the lense from the original emitter and put it into the new one.

I'm sure if you asked US would even sell you some lense separately so you can add them to a couple different emitters if you wanted to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2018, 08:36:45 AM »

I beg to differ on the changing of Catalyst emitters, having done it a couple of times
Both Therion's Wrath and Duron's Lance started life as Catalysts or Catalyst parts

Now, admittedly, both newer emitters are from TCSS

Well, it was worth the extra work to get it to work. Cheesy

It's not a huge deal. The lense for the LED is glued into the bottom of the emitter, so you can use any MHS emitter with it, you just have to remove the lense from the original emitter and put it into the new one.

I'm sure if you asked US would even sell you some lense separately so you can add them to a couple different emitters if you wanted to.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I used the lens that came with the Catalyst. Cheesy I went to Home Depot and got a washer that was the exact size of the inside of the emitter and the hole in the washer was slightly smaller than the lens. Screwed it on and it fit perfect with the emitter that I wanted. Then I took a drill and put some holes in the emitter to allow some of the light to flow through.

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2018, 09:26:53 AM »

Really nice Grin !
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:57:01 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2018, 10:53:09 AM »

Well, it was worth the extra work to get it to work. Cheesy

I used the lens that came with the Catalyst. Cheesy I went to Home Depot and got a washer that was the exact size of the inside of the emitter and the hole in the washer was slightly smaller than the lens. Screwed it on and it fit perfect with the emitter that I wanted. Then I took a drill and put some holes in the emitter to allow some of the light to flow through.

You did a great job there, Jace!

imgumby001dammit
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 642

The Mighty, Mighty GUM

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2018, 12:58:58 PM »

Tell ya what...

That’s sexy...

“Someday I will be the most powerful Jedi ever...”

AS

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2018, 01:06:31 PM »

Agree with you Gumby, Jace has my favorite version of the Catalyst now

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2018, 01:23:30 PM »

Agree with you Gumby, Jace has my favorite version of the Catalyst now

I'm on the fence between this one and Therion's Wrath: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35182.msg623447#msg623447
Same emitter, though Grin

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

Infinit01
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Grey Assassin

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »

I'm on the fence between this one and Therion's Wrath: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35182.msg623447#msg623447

Touche, I'm now on the fence between Jace and Therions now that you've showed me Therion's.  I love that exhaust pommel at the end.  
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 03:58:32 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

JaceLansing
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2018, 11:40:51 PM »

That is really NICE! Keep in mind though, that I have two of these with quick releases so that they become a staff. (^_^) Not trying to one-up or anything... well... maybe a little. lol I'll post pictures when the offhand is finished.

But thanks everyone. I'm crazy happy with the way this is coming out. It's great for sparring or spinning.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: