Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Counselor Review, Emerald  (Read 1173 times)
Lake Pirate
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: January 31, 2017, 05:59:21 PM »

Was very excited to get my first lightsaber.  In a few months we are hosting a Jedi Academy for kids of deployed military servicemembers and I wanted to leave an impression on them.  The lightsaber was heavier than I thought it would be and upon first inspection I was very impressed.  The first thing I did was to install the blade and turn it on, very cool.  Next to open it.  I wish there had been more printed instructions about what I would find when opening the hilt up to get access to the batteries and cards, but with some common sense I figured it out.  I looked inside after removing the hilt cover and I see a speaker and it took me a little bit to figure out what to do next.  By lightly tapping the hilt, the speaker slid out and was followed by the batteries and cards, I tapped for a while very lightly as I was afraid to damage anything, and it took quite a few taps to slide out.  I like the close, tight fit for the speaker as I think it helps prevent possible damage with the movement of the saber. The way the electrical tape was placed over the battery pack and cards was a bit disconcerting, but heck, it works and does the job. 

I have charged the batteries a few times, played with saber, and hit a few things (albeit not too hard yet.)  I am very, very happy with the product thus far.  I have seen a few bad reviews and a lot of good ones for Ultrasabers on different internet sites and it took me awhile to make a decision about where to get one from.  Right now, I am satisfied with the company, their product and shipping. 

I must say though, I do have a problem.  Now all my daughters each want one and I do not think my wife is going to be happy about it.  I am going to have to buy the additional sabers with some time spaced to prevent my wife from having a financial meltdown.  I have 2 more months to sneak in my additional purchases and was pleasantly surprised to see the rewards program and plan on utilizing it.  I had my Ultrasaber email messages going into my spam file and when I started opening them I was rewarded with some great discounts and had to take off the filter for them. 

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »

Just take note that points earned only last one year. So spend them, before then. I waited too long thinking I would build up enough for a saber and lost half my points.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lake Pirate
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »

Just take note that points earned only last one year. So spend them, before then. I waited too long thinking I would build up enough for a saber and lost half my points.

Thank you, kindly.  I did not know that!  Fortunately (or unfortunately, according to my wife.) I will need to purchase additional sabers for the kids before April.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:30:16 PM »

Hey there, Lake Pirate. I know the feeling so well. It's a surreal experience, so congratulations to you for getting to experience that now. You have indeed opened Pandora's Box, and now the addiction is real  Grin  If any one person is an example of that, it's me, but really the entire forum can attest to that fact, that you will discover that owning just one is, well, it's simply unacceptable - embrace the addiction, embrace the addiction!   Cool

I'm happy to hear that things are going well with your first purchase and wish you good luck on your upcoming Jedi Academy. On the subject of instructions, SaberForum has some threads dedicated to that very purpose.  Here are some of them:

The Obsidian Order:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=18.0

Frequently Asked Questions:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=39.0

Ultra Saber Questions:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?board=6.0

If you use the SEARCH button at the top, , you'll find you can search specific threads or by specific forum member. Very useful tool to find your way around.

The rewards points will help in so many ways, so have fun using them and exploring the forum. I'm impressed that your daughters each want an Ultra Saber of their own. That's cool. The next few months will be a lot of fun.  Grin

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 12:55:04 AM »

Very nice review. The Consular is one of my favorite saber designs. And Emerald would just be awesome. If you want to, post some pics of your saber. We all want to see them. Grin Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lake Pirate
Force Sensitive

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:13:48 PM »

Uf-da.   Ordered two more light sabers for 2 of my daughters. 

One wanted the Electrum Wind with Guardian Blue and the other the Silver Monarch with the Sunriders Destiny color.
I will have one more to purchase for my last daughter who cannot decide on a hilt, but she knows she wants a Violet Amethyst blade and then I will be done for a long while.

Does anyone have any plans for a holster for the Monarch? I wouldn't want to add a Covertec wheel to it and lose its sleek look.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 07:59:07 AM »

Uf-da.   Ordered two more light sabers for 2 of my daughters. 

One wanted the Electrum Wind with Guardian Blue and the other the Silver Monarch with the Sunriders Destiny color.
I will have one more to purchase for my last daughter who cannot decide on a hilt, but she knows she wants a Violet Amethyst blade and then I will be done for a long while.

Does anyone have any plans for a holster for the Monarch? I wouldn't want to add a Covertec wheel to it and lose its sleek look.

Good to see your feeding other people's addictions straight away  Wink

I am currently wondering the same thing about the Monarch while I wait for mine to arrive. I think when it gets here I'm going to go to the hardware store and check tool belt pouches, and then the military surplus store and see if they have anything that would work. I'd imagine some sort of Maglite pouch might be able to work or made to work.

I'll also try my pistol holster as it's adjustable and see if that works.

Lake Pirate
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2017, 04:45:05 PM »

Good to see your feeding other people's addictions straight away  Wink

Now for our Jedi Academy staff one guy just purchased a light saber from Ultrasabers and another wants me to help him purchase one. 

I think they both developed light saber envy (if there is such a thing.)
I wouldn't be surprised if more did not contract the disease.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: